Is there one good reason why there should be unions in the public sector?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Your Idol, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

They have a monopoly on the ability to extract tax payer money unlike private sector unions. If a union decides overreach in the private sector and causes that product to be too expensive consumers can decide they don't want to buy that product anymore. Public sector unions make tax payers pay for their overbloated wages and benefits and they don't have the option to not pay their taxes. They don't have the right to not pay for those services and the union leaders know this and take advantage of it.

I guess it just comes down to the fact that I'm not a big fan of extortion.
    test
  2. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

YOu're my boy and all but you're not keeping real pimp..

Those workers who work for the government outght not to be subjected to being maltreated just because they work for the government. We work an eight hour workday because of unions. We have a minimum wage because of unions. Companies have to give healthcare because of unions. So much of what we enjoy in the workplace came because of unions.

Unions are dying already on their own. They're the David in this match up with corporations. They're not the Goliath.
    test
  3. MyKe SeaN

If public unions are eliminated......oh, sorry, not eliminated but reduced to only being able to bargain on wages with a cap set at 1.5%, there will be no recovering from this downturn. Ever. And if unions are reduced to begging their membership to keep supporting them in an annual recertification, we will permanently lose our voice.

If Wisconsin loses their public unions, every Republican controlled state will try to do the same thing. Wisconsin has had public employee unions since 1959. If they have no one to speak for them, how will they negotiate pay and benefits? Will they have to be related to a legislator (like the new head of the State Patrol) or donate generously to their campaigns from their reduced salaries to keep their jobs?

You're spittin nonsense noncentz..lol
    test
  4. MyKe SeaN

lol@a big fan of extortion. And you still failed to tell me where you work. lmfao!!!

For many years the Republican Party members have loathed unions. Labor unions clearly represent the Progressive Movement for a positive condition in the work place. "Understanding and practice of human rights works." People who have "been excluded or marginalized" live in an incoherent world. The Wisconsin legislation should allow teachers to have unions and not be bullied. Teachers can not legally strike and have given concessions for pensions and health care. What is the problem?

March 1933" Individual German states were stripped of autonomous powers and Nazi officials were installed as state governors. Hitler outlawed strikes and abolished independent labor unions part of his effort to ban any political opposition."
    test
  5. Radium

Radium f k

LOL at your idol supporting the ruling class (wealth holders) of society at every turn but being poor
    test
  6. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Right? What right? There is no guarantee to a union in the U.S constitution.

And a private Union is demanding a larger percent of the private companies overall profits, paid for by customers, willing customers.

A public Union demands a larger percentage of public tax monies paid by, mostly, unwilling citizens who have no other choice.

Again, if it was up to me Public Unions would be banned.
    test
  7. Noncentz

Why is that a bad thing? If Public workers lost Union powers they could hardly demand salary increases and therefore the public tax burden would lessen.

Who pays the majority of taxes? The rich? Hahaha! That will be the day!
    test
  8. Noncentz

March 1933" Individual German states were stripped of autonomous powers and Nazi officials were installed as state governors. Hitler outlawed strikes and abolished independent labor unions part of his effort to ban any political opposition.

ROFLLLLL

Oh fuck fuck sakes .. Not a comparison to Hitler again! LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Hitler also took a shit in the morning, shaved his face, drove in a car, pissed in the afternoon and drank water.

...Maybe you're Hitler?
    test
  9. MyKe SeaN

What do you do for a living?
    test
  10. Noncentz

And just because 'hitler did it' doesn't mean it was a bad decision.

You forget that the German economy recovered fucking fast under hitler and became a superpower in a short frame of time.

Banning public Unions is one of the quickest ways not only to rid the public service of those that are more concerned with their own pockets than the good of their nation and the public which they (are supposed to) serve but also to reduce the tax burden by allowing ELECTED representatives to formulate domestic economic policies rather than unelected unions and workers demanding more and more and more public funds.
    test
  11. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

LOL at supporting laziness, corruption, and extortion. I guess I have ethics, but I won't tell you how to live your life.
    test
  12. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Unions are dying because they are unsustainable in a global economy in most cases. Higher wages without an increase of quality and/or efficiency shifts the equilibrium to a point that produces less profit which means hello China.
    test
  13. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

1) Marketing for General Electric.
    2) I'm a libertarian not a republican
    3) Great, Godwin's Law
    4) Hitler doubled down on unions, the opposite of abolishing them
    test
  14. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

BTW still not one good reason.
    test
  15. MyKe SeaN

Noncentz and Idol, Where do ya'll work at for the 3rd time??
    test
  16. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Refer to post #33
    test
  17. MyKe SeaN

Oh okay.
    test
  18. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

so you must be against taxes in general then..

the government does indeed have a monopoly on collecting tax money. the government employees also have a right to negotiate their wages. if you have a problem with paying taxes then that is another issue. you can't stop the government from funding projects that you don't like or find unnecessary with your tax money just like you can't tell them how much to pay their employees. you can voice your dissent and vote accordingly, that's about all.
    test
  19. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

'workers rights' is a pretty common term.. i don't know if there's any law specifically protecting the right to unionize but i'm of the philosophy that citizens have whatever rights the government doesn't deny them. they haven't denied us the ability to organize. we have that right.
    test
  20. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

That's another topic but by definition a tax is theft. When you're talking about promoting the general welfare, these funds are to be used in a way that benefits everyone who contributed not a small influential group.

The government has no profit motive, only a political motive. There is no incentive to make a fair deal for either party because there is no real budget.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.