Is there any hard evidential proof of anything in the bible

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

Around and around with you idiots.

Prove that fictional concocted stories are false! Do it!
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Your the idiot that made the claim. Obviously your too dumb to back up your claim. Smh. I think im done with you.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. The Steve

Ok, here....

Bushes don't speak, especially when on fire. This is a fact.

Done.
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

Lolll. The bush wasnt the one speaking there it was the glory of God in the midst of the burning bush. It wasnt burning after speaking with moses was it? So whos to say the bush itself was burning at all. Its very likely that it was moses's attempt to explain what he saw. An when he was on mnt siani he again saw the firey glory of God in the clouds with other eyewitness testimony. The isrealites saw and heard describing his voice being like thunder and it scared them to the point they went away. If it WAS thunder would they have been scared? Obviously not.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

Not to mention the exodus is a known historical fact. And the battles that took place. along with where they made camp and where they journeyed once they left egypt.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

ima make a thread specifically for this. Itll be a updatable fullfilled prophecy thread as well as the last 2-300/2500 to come whereas the first 2000 have already happened. as we enter into the final age and the xyz generation(coinsidence) the frequency will speed up as far as prophetic fullfillments. Cus many are in the final 50 years or up to the end.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

You see, if they want to deny that Christ rose from the dead, then they need to come up with a replacement explanation that can incorporate the actions and words of the disciples. In other words, the disciples claimed that Christ rose from the dead and they based their lives, their words, and their deeds on that resurrection even. It is not simply that they are claiming to believe in some abstract concept like reincarnation or karma. Instead, they taught that Jesus rose from the dead. It is the resurrection of Christ that motivated them to do and say what they did. What other explanation best accounts for their actions? What other explanation is there that can account for the disciples willingness to die, to suffer persecution, hardship, rejection of their religious community, and to become extremely evangelical? These are the same people who taught honesty, integrity, truthfulness, self-sacrifice, and love. If Jesus did not arise from the dead, then the disciples are liars and perpetuated that lie while they were going around telling people to be honest, truthful, loving, etc. it just doesn't make sense... unless Jesus actually rose from the dead.
    The evidence is there and it is a powerful argument for the resurrection. Don't let the critics say it didn't happen. If they want to deny the resurrection, than let them offer a better explanation for the motivation and actions of the disciples throughout the New Testament history. If they cannot, then the resurrection of Christ is the best explanation.
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

The gospels, for example, were written by those who either knew Jesus personally, or were under the direction of those who did. The gospels are full of factual accounts of cities, customs, terms, locations, etc., that can all be verified historically and archaeologically. There are many books that have verified the authenticity of the gospel accounts.

regarding the fact it may have corrupted text.

The New Testament alone has something like 24,000 supporting biblical manuscripts and they are around 99.5% textually pure. That means that they have been reliably transmitted to us through the centuries. We can trust them.

PEOPLE MAY NOT BELIEVE THE MIRACLES HAVE HAPPENED BUT HEY GUESS WHAT SMART POO's

Many eyewitnesses wrote and spoke about what they saw Jesus do. After the gospel accounts were written, there were plenty of people around who had seen Jesus who could have spoken up or written something down contradicting what the apostles wrote. But, we have no account of this happening.
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

MORE FACTS!!!

The universe exists. The universe cannot be eternal because if it were eternal then it would mean that an infinite amount of time has passed in order for us to get to the present. But you cannot traverse an infinite amount of time. Therefore the universe is not infinitely old.

All things that came into existence are caused to exist. There cannot be an infinite regression of causes because this would mean that there was an infinite amount of time in the past that had to be traversed in order for us to get to the present. Again, you are not able to cross an infinite amount of time. Therefore, it is logical to say that there must be a single uncaused cause. I propose that that uncaused cause is God.
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

....1. The Bible is accurate in dealing with external matters. It is accurate in its record of archeology and natural science. In order to be the word of God, the Bible must be accurate in its portrayal of observable facts. The Bible meets this requirement of accuracy in external matters, and therefore can be the written revelation from God.

.....2. The proof that the Bible is the word of God comes from its internal contents. The Bible contains the following categories of internal evidence which prove it to be the word of God:

........1. Fulfilled historical prophecies.
    .........2. Fulfilled predictions of the Messiah.
    ..........3. A Plan revealed, then carefully carried out - proof of the existence of the Planner, and a bridge binding the Old and New Testaments together as one complete unit.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

ya i made a fullifilled prophecy thread but they dont like facts. Steve gonna try an make u prove ETs phone number, an back it up with "he said he needed to phone home"
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

well i would be surprised if they could at least start to disprove or discredit the facts i've given.. they aren't the best, but they are the ones' ima use at the time.
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

If it isnt about a suicide bomber they dont care
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. The Steve

Apparently you've never seen or read about members of cults, have you?

Yeah it's just sooooo unbelievable that people would be gullible and/or lie.

Are you that fucking naive?
    test
  15. The Steve

The bible's accurate in its record of archeology and natural science?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT??? :funny::funny:
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

Ya actually. Study ur science better and ud notice ur science proves biblical accounts.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. The Steve

So man was created from a magical being and a woman from a man's rib.

Yeah I noticed that in my bio book.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.