Is there any hard evidential proof of anything in the bible

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Even for the hard to invision stories in it being false? And if u had a history book on a subject and u read many historical truths perhaps uve heard b4 or read elswhere that colaborates it would u be as skeptical about the history book as you are the bible?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Great question. Answer: No there isn't any hard "evidential proof"(?) of anything in the bible.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

Really? U stickin with that answer?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I've prayed to Josephus and Tacitus and the rest of them on the matter and they say I should stick with the answer, yes.
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

Who? Whatever ok. So u want proof of something or you just playin devils advocate here.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

By devil's advocate do you mean somebody who disagrees with you? I can't guarantee I won't disagree with you. But I'm open to hear your proof.

I'm just curious if you know if it has actually been used to prove something in the bible to an unbeliever before?

(Sorry for ramming so many questions originally... it can all fit into the above question)
    test
  7. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

Of ANYTHING in the bible? That's pretty broad.
    test
  8. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Don't worry just watch what he posts. He's gonna prove that the Bermuda Triangle is one of the seven gates of hell or something.

That's a wink at someone.
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

where are you payback? you're running and hiding? i just got back from slamming the steve's wife and you're still not here to prove anything.
    test
  10. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Payback if you do have information you see as convincing evidence for something in the bible, I'll be honest. I don't see it as impossible that you could find something that might be convincing OK. I'll actually read what you put up here and what not if it intrigues me at all, and not just focus on destroying what you have right away.

I don't offer an immediate response or anything, so if you're looking for a reaction on my behalf I'm not going to give it to you. But I will check out what you have with an honest approach, and if it's something I need to ask real questions about I will ask real questions after I've taken a look at it all.
    test
  11. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

But if you're going to prove that a particular prophecy has been fulfilled or something like that, it's going to need to be pretty compelling. 1. There are many things in the bible that stand as proof for things that happened within the bible. 2. There are people that can will prophecies into being fulfilled. That's not to say you don't have proof that the prophecies weren't fulfilled. 3. There are some things that people will accept as fulfillment of prophecy after the fact. ..... and so on. When it comes to prophecies, it would have to be pretty damn compelling stuff for me to accept as proof that this divine by necessity.
    test
  12. NOBLE SOLDIER

NOBLE SOLDIER Fireball Kid

Momento's on a roll..
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

i made it broad on purpose. If it IS Gods word there should be NO imperfection unless a translation difference but the meaning should be the same or close. So like i said. Is there or has there EVER been proof to discredit anything, historically cultural, eventually? Like i said b4 ill wait.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

Memento that wasnt the question. I said proove a falsity. Now seeing as tho u got science to help, yet still hasnt been able to i highly doubt you or steve would be able to. And just for the hell of it Ill add science has proved more biblical accounts than anyone.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I know what your question was. All of your questions are irrelevant to me though, because you have chosen not to give a shit about my questions. Whenever I ask a question you just start typing things that don't answer my question, and then I have to explain to you my question over again. Once I explain, you then either continue dodging my question, or your mysteriously disappear and only come back when someone else has a comment. You basically ignore my questions, and they are never answered. So why should I care about your questions? No really, why?

Also, whenever I give an answer to you (even concerning my own self) you disagree. I could say I like to play with Legos and you would tell me I don't actually like to play with Legos and that I have some how proven that I don't like to play with Legos. So why should I answer your question?

Is that what you want though, perhaps? Do you just want me to stop replying to your threads so that you can spread your beliefs? Just wondering.
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

I answered your question in the other thread
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I don't see how you answered my question.

What I asked was how not believing in something is a matter of faith? You insinuated that I believe something (even though I don't believe that something) and said that because I believe that something (when I don't believe that something) that it somehow takes faith for me to believe that something (I repeat that I don't believe that something).

Answer the question without insinuating that I believe something that I actually don't believe.

What makes unbelief a matter of faith?

I'm certain there were a number of other questions in that thread which you also didn't answer.
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

I did. Annd i sepcifically said "i understand this doesnt apply to you, u made that clear enough" in the answer so as not to group u in, in any way.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

No there's no hard evidential proof of the outlandish bullshit in the bible.
    test
  20. TheBigPayback

Ok so smart guy. Provide ANY proof of falisy.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.