Is There An Album Out That's Better Produced Than Chronic 2001?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Soda Popinski, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Bitches Love Soda

Nah, just plain Gatorade. Grape flavor because I'm black.
    test
  2. Marotta

Marotta The Engineer

Neptunes
    :chefoooh:
    [youtube]OR7YJ2v7LwM[/youtube]
    test
  3. SuperNegger

SuperNegger Toe Tagger Type Negger

"How I Got Over" easily holds it's own against Chronic 2001.
    test
  4. Marotta

Marotta The Engineer

I agree, but feel that since The Roots is a full live band they're in a different class.
    test
  5. MattHouston

MattHouston Future Favorite Rapper

Thread could use some RZA
    test
  6. SuperNegger

SuperNegger Toe Tagger Type Negger

Why? Check the credits from Chronic 2001, most the basses and pianos and shit are live.

calvinohreally:
    test
  7. Water_Mage

Water_Mage Well-Known Member

this was my anthem growin up
    test
  8. Envy

Envy Song Writer / Artist.

This.

Black milk is incredible.
    test
  9. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

Mop - Warriors and Mobb Deep - The infamous are some of the best produced albums aswell.
    test
  10. ~madcow~

~madcow~ Member

Dre is the goat but premo is amazing too
    test
  11. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Pause
    test
  12. BattlingGuru

BattlingGuru Active Member

repped

Da Beatminerz >>>
    test
  13. BattlingGuru

BattlingGuru Active Member

Just got through the whole thread. First time I ever heard anyone say anything bad about Premo or Dilla. Some of you have a very warped view of Hip-Hop by excluding anything underground of anything related to NYC, but I guess it's all taste at the end of the day.

Willy's taste in music explains so much about his taste in battle rap.

I agree, 2001 is one of the best produced albums of all time. That's probably why Detox got pushed back so much. It'll never live up to the standard Dre set for himself with 2001. The Chronic is a classic, but I don't think the production was on the same level as 2001. It's hard to compare though because of how much production evolved by that point. It's the same way I consider Moment of Truth as Gang Starr's best album, even though their earlier albums were classics and have great production too. Moment of Truth is probably the only album I would put up there with 2001.

Jeru The Damaja's first 2 albums were sick too. Anyone who doesn't like DJ Premier will probably hate 'em but the production was on point. And the first wave of Wu solo albums were incredible, lyrically and production wise. Especially Liquid Swords and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. I would put both of those up there too.

Props to the few people who mentioned Kno, Stoupe, Madlib, etc. A Piece of Strange, Violent By Design and The Unseen's production can match anything anyone mentioned, period. I don't know why niggas hate on underground shit so much on here. Ya'll are really sleepin on some of the best music you'd ever hear.

It's like some of y'all are scared to share your true opinions or listen to something different because you think you'll be judged by the cornballs on this site if you like something underground. And vice versa when it comes to people who only listen to underground shit and think anything popular or mainstream is wack. I think you're all close minded faggots.

I bet if I said Heavy Mental and Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars deserve to be mentioned, and it's some of 4th Disciple's best work, y'all will laugh and say what the fuck is a 4th Disciple? Meanwhile, you'll idolize Just Blaze, not knowing he was heavily influenced by 4th Disciple. You'd be surprised how much less close minded your favorite producers are.

Hip-Hop is Hip-Hop.

Free your minds.
    test
  14. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Bitches Love Soda

A lot of truth in this post. Repped.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.