Is there a "king" of the rap game at the moment?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Sin Skywalker, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

Trust me if Budden got an opportunity for attention he gonna go for it. :funny:

I'm sure we'll be hearing ALOT of responses though.

Just crazy Ortiz basically wrote n recorded his response the same day and went IN like that. Dude a machine man.
    test
  2. D Funkdafied

D Funkdafied D-Funkdafied Music

If you mean a king of hip hop who is actually GOOD, then I would suggest dudes like Eminem, Dr Dre, Ice Cube and et cetera.

But if you want to know the king of weak rap then I suggest these skinny jean, sagging pants, overly tattooed dudes...
    test
  3. TheHipHopSpot

TheHipHopSpot Active Member

lol of course. you just havent heard of him yet...
    test
  4. H1TMAN

H1TMAN New Member

It's Kendrick Lamar currently.

Jay put out a decent album in MCHG, Eminem hasn't put out an album since when? 2010? And just lol @ Dre and Ice Cube being the king of rap right now.
    test
  5. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

It's a toss up between Jay and Em at the moment. Jay completely monopolized the summer, everybody else had to push their release dates back. No one else in the game except Em has this power. If Em's next album sucks or isn't embraced by the community the way MCHG was, then Jay will be the undisputed king.
    test
  6. Superman70

Superman70 edited

I dont know why people are naming eminem, hes not even in the discussion anymore and hasnt been in years.

Its still jay really. Even though he shouldnt be, he has too much power and influence for anyone to overtake him. Kanyes better than him now but people wont view him as the 'king.'

The people who actually care about it will be next- kendrick, j cole, big sean, etc.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    test
  7. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Bad Meets Evil came out 2 years ago.

Kanye is not better than Jay.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  8. SalParadise

SalParadise New Member

LMAO at you people even mentioning Kanye, dude's not hip hop, he's hip pop - and J Cole and Big Sean? are you on heavy doses of pain killers? Those names shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as King of the game. There is no "King of Rap" you lames, there are too many talented cats out there doing their thing to be able to pinpoint just 1 - and there are a lot of youngsters coming up (Bada$$ an Kendrick are prolly the top 2 of the bunch). And to be dead ass honest, Homeboy Sandman is the best lyricist in all of hip hop right now, hands down, no discussion. Dudes got bars for years and he's ill as fuck live. If you don't know Sandman, you better peep him.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test