Is the death penality racist? Or have we been hoodwinked?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by menaz, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

ABCnews/washington post poll, 65 percent of americans support capital punishment.

Now, According to the US department of justice, of the 559, 130 crimes against black americans in 2004, 73.6 percent were perpetrated by blacks. Furthermore, black murder victims are almost entirely killed by other blacks. And according to the bureau of justice statistics, from 1976 to 2004, 94 percent of all black murders were committed by blacks.

Further more, According to the U.S. department of justice: between 1976 and 2004, blacks were responible for 52.1 percent of all homicides, versus 45.9 percent for whites. Death penalty reinstated by supreme court back in 1976.
    More than half of those sentenced to die have been white. In 2004 alone, black offenders outnumbered white offenders seven to one. Moreover, the persons under the death sentence in 2004, 1,850 were white and 1,390 were black. When the actual executions are shown the numbers are startling... Of the sixty persons executed in 2005, forty-one were white and nineteen were black. Given that for over nearly three decades blacks have been responsible for 52.1 percent of all homicides in the United states, one would expect that the death row figures or execution rates would be at minimum numberically equal to, if not higher than, those of whites. The death penality is disproportionately skewed against whites, not blacks. The death penality is NOT RACIST! In 2004, there were 15,913 homicide victims. 7,557 of whom were black. Conversely, that same year there were only fifty nine executions, nineteen of which were black americans.

Wouldn't it make more sense for liberals to devote their energies to developing strategies designed to save the lives of almost 16,000 people who are murdered every year than to defend the roughly sixty murderers executed a year? wouldn't it be more logical to organize marches and rallies standing up for the rights and safety of the over 7,500 black citizens murdered each year, rather than doing so for the nineteen who murdered others? What i'm saying is the capacity for human achievement and moral flourishing resides within individuals, not government agencies.
    test
  2. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

- under the law, not all homicides are created equal

- it's not impossible to support strategies designed to save the lives of the thousands murdered every year AND be opposed to the murder of their murderers. marches against the death penalty don't occur because of opposition to murder per se...they occur because of opposition to state sponsored murder
    test
  3. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

the death pentalty is very just

murders should be killed

now if only we can get women who have abortions put 2 death for their murders....
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Nothing you said had anything to do with the topic of the death penalty being racist. Well at least we agree there.

As for the point you asserted. You've clearly choosen to support murders rather than the 16,000 people who are murdered every year. So your logic is screw the victims theres too many, instead we'll protest against murders on death row.How is it impossible to organize marches and rallies for the ones murdered? Did Blacks not organize marches and rallies for civil rights? Civil rights wasn't exactly a cake walk. I guess what your saying is you enjoy the status quo of black men killing black men. This liberal miniority who oppose the death penalty in our country are the same cold-blooded liberals who have no problem with Parital birth abortion.

Question... Why do you not support the death penalty?
    test
  5. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Ill rich with the Back hand slap.
    test
  6. identity-X

knowingly killing another human being is murder
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

That is where you are wrong. Murder is both a legal and a moral term, that are not always coincident.

what is primitive about being arraigned, formmally charged, tried, and convicted by a jury, having that conviction upheld on appeal, and then being executed in a far gentler manner than their victims? far from primitive, this the deliberative, sane act of an advanced civilization protecting itself from predators. If anything, modern execution methods are too humane ( okay, it will only sting for a minute, mr.bundy)

Still you rather argue for a murderer than for the victims murdered?
    test
  8. identity-X

who said anything about primitive?

- I personally do not think it right that any human being purposely end the life of any other organism in the animal kingdom.

- It's not effective at protecting society or decreasing crime...so what's the point? vindication? vengeance? making victims' families and society at ease psychologically? an unhealthy obsession with death?

you're stretching sooo much with that "argue for the murderer instead of the victims" bullshit. [funny]
    test
  9. identity-X

it is on topic. the death penalty is typically reserved for the most heinous of crimes.

so?

how many black serial killers can you name? how many white ones?
    test
  10. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

do you eat pizza or drink beer?
    test
  11. identity-X

i do both (though not beer filtered with fish bladder and my pizza is always meatless)
    test
  12. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

point being, whatever you eat was once a living thing - plant, animal, fungus... hell, using mouthwash kills millions of organisms.
    test
  13. Mortido

Mortido Rubicund Rebels

lol.

oh righteous one
    test
  14. identity-X

keywords here...
    test
  15. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

u ever kill a mosquito when it bites u?
    test
  16. identity-X

nope. i'll shoo it or, better yet, rock the Skin-So-Soft before heading out. Same with flies, ants...

and I RUN from spiders like a little bitch. [funny]
    test
  17. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

u ever wear a shirt made out of cotton?
    test
  18. identity-X

test
  19. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

He's not getting that plants are not part of the animal kingdom.

How bout leather? No nikes, no leather in your car, your jacket, a hat?

PS: I love how people are completely ignoring menaz's dumb ass...lol
    test
  20. identity-X

i have a couple leather belts that I kept from before I went veg (2004), but i have a canvas belt i regularly wear. same wallet from before then. some leather shoes from then

i buy a lot of canvas slip-ons. my saucony's are synthetic leather. my nice shoes are synthetic from Payless [funny]

i do the dang thang...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.