Is the 40 yard dash overrated?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by MyKe SeaN, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

The only difference betwen NY cats is that in Florida they have decent weather all year around which gives them the advantage. Justin Gaitlin came from Brooklyn and is faster than all you Southern niggas. (Won the Gold in 2004 olympics)

Give us the same conditions and we would be just as fast, if not, faster than Southern cats. My school doesn't even have a track or football team else I'd be D1 easily and I can say the same for probably 75% of the schools in NYC area.

Besides..
    Coaches lie, rival.com lie, all those fucking sites lie. I don't believe them. It's all to make the althlete look better. It's well known that they do that. For example Nate Robinson being 5'9 when he stood up to the 5'6 Spudd Webb in the slam dunk contest he was the same size!
    I don't believe the 4.5 times, especially hand time where there is huge percentages of error. I read the article about the 40 awhile back, wished I bookmarked it, it explains what I said in detail. Ben Johnson who had possible the best start ever ran like 4.2, hes an elite world class sprinter who was built like a fucking thoughbred horse on juice and you're telling me theirs High schoolers who come close to that? Give me a fucking break.
    test
  2. Purple Haze

test
  3. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

^^justin gatlin is ONE case... walter dix will beat him in 2 years, hes only 19 or 20now?? and runs for fsu, he also beat maurice green who beat gatlin...

harry adams will beat gatlin ina few years.. asafa powell (of jamaica) will rape gatlin...

so thats all u can come up with, ONE person from ur trashy ass city who is fast? lmao
    test
  4. Purple Haze

Mo Greene lost to Gaitlin too, when it counted. The Summer olympics!
    Nobody gives a fuck about track in NYC anyway.

You walk every block you see basketball courts not tracks, else it would be the other way around.

Who the fucking from Florida has won gold in the summer olympics?

Asafa Powell- Jamaica.
    Ben Johnson- Jamrock.
    Leroy Burrell- Pennsylvania.
    Donovan Bailey- Jamrock.
    Allan Wells- Europe.
    Jim Hines- Arkansas.
    Shawn Crawford- South Carolina.
    Michael Johnson- Dallas.
    Mo Greene- South Cali.
    Linford Christie- Britain.
    Flo Jo- Cali.
    Carl lewis- Alabama.
    Jesse Owens- Alabama.
    Justin Gaitlin- BROOKLYN.

Fuck outta here.
    test
  5. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

^^we're going to have 3 of them very soon, Xavier Carter, Harry Adams, Walter Dix

lmao@ ONE ny cat... walter dix can beat him right now, gatlin rana 10 suttin not to long agao, inconsistant fuck... he loses to someone then beats them later...

we got 3 catt broke fuckin records, 10.28, 10.27, 10.33 (10th grade) wat da fuck has gaitlin done besides roids??

all i kno is dix and carter will beat gatlin now, and harry will eat him in 3-4 years, shit maybe even next year...

we got basketball courts here too... wat u tryna say, yall are better than us at basketball? lmao

who just won the ncaa championship?? laaaamme asssss niggggassss!

lmao
    test
  6. Purple Haze

Yes we are.

Noah is from fucking Harlem, horrible arguement.
    test
  7. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

yeah, there are definitely kids in HS that can run 4.3's

julius hill from my school could.
    test
  8. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

Weather does play a big part...I've never heard of a high school athlete run a 4.3..Maybe a 4.4. and that was rare...I ran track and played football. I ran a 4.5 which was pretty good for my age...I dont know though..Florida has some great athletes when it comes to sprinting..
    test
  9. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

^^florida has the best athletes when in comes to sprinting...

check sun-sentinel dot com man i told u already, dats all u have to do

the past like 6 or 7 years florida has had the fastest high school times in the nation in the 100m, 200m and 40yrds (football)

we had walter dix who got the fastest time 2 years in a row, we had santana moss' lil brother 2 years in a row before walter dix, then we had some nigga from like tallahasse or suttin... now we have harry adams, and hes only in 10th fuckin grade!!!, so we got 2 more years of having the fastest time in the nation...

antwone smith ran a 4.2 his last year in high school for pahoke florida... shit

MANY high school cats ran 4.3s

the qb for st. thomas high school in fort lauderdale
    the running back from coconut creek
    the wr from boyd anderson that went to play for some college in north fla...

we run shit when it comes to speed...

only other state seein us is Texas, they had a high schooler run a 10 flat i think (many years ago)
    test
  10. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

this guy went to my highschool and plays for oklahoma right now
    Jacob Gutierrez
    Height: 5-foot-7
    Weight: 186 pounds
    Class Year: Jr
    Experience: SQ
    High School: Madison
    Hometown: San Antonio, TX
    Bench Max: 395 lbs
    40 time: 4.4 second

he's not 5'7 he's shorter than that ... and his bench is honestly around there
    the impressive thing about his 40 time is that they did it at the sooner facility
    which clocks the runner at each 10 yards ... which should be the standard
    and he clocked in 1.1 at each ten ... which means he can reach top speed quickly

about all these crazy times in the 40
    it's whatever ... people can peak at age 16 it happens
    test
  11. Purple Haze

Who cares, he's 5'7.
    test
  12. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

You can train to run a good 40...
    test
  13. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

The guys i was talking about went to school overseas. military base. i know for a fact they ran 4.3's but i do know what some of the people mean some times get inflated. when i moved back to the states you had alot of people claiming they could run faster then they could. one of our rivals schools had the three headed monster was what they called em it was three running backs who could run sub 4'4 forty yard dash's. truth is one of the guys prolly ran a 4'4 and the other two really ran about a 4'5 which is fantastic but they were trying to say two ran 4'3 and one ran 4'4. that was when i was in school so shit 6/7 years ago. haha. damn im old.
    test
  14. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

what does noel devine run? he's a high 4.3's guy I'm sure...

if not on the track, definitely in game...

It all depends on clock times too.

Jake Schifino was clocked at 4.29 in highschool from what i've heard.
    test
  15. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

ted washington runs a sub 2.0
    test
  16. Purple Haze

Exactly.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.