Is smoking weed a SIN?

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by Blitz_krieg, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitz_krieg

Blitz_krieg SAY WHA.........

..........according to the bible?

i recently became a christian, well let me rephrase that.. i recently started applying the principles of christianity into my own life, but i've always had the belief.. does anyone know if smoking ganja is a sin?

i think it is.. just like smoking cigs are...because it pollutes your temple..

any opinions/?
    test
  2. Perspectives

Perspectives PERSPECTIVEZ

test
  3. ezejesus

ezejesus New Member

No. Just treat others how you want to be treated and you will be ok.
    test
  4. *NativeTongue*

*NativeTongue* New Member

lol so dont smoke, simple as that

personally, although i believe in a higher power, i dont see myself living by what some guys wrote a couple thousand years ago.
    test
  5. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

if you cant smoke, vaporize.
    test
  6. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

only God knows. [dunno]
    test
  7. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

test
  8. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

If it is I'm hellbound and don't care.
    test
  9. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

God was/is a pot head. The only thing he cares about is that you think of him when you are smoking instead of another god.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]THE ROOTS OF KANEH-BOSM[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The first solid evidence of the Hebrew use of cannabis was established in 1936 by Sula Benet, a little known Polish etymologist from the Institute of Anthropological Sciences in Warsaw. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The word cannabis was generally thought to be of Scythian origin, but Benet showed that it has a much earlier origin in Semitic languages like Hebrew, and that it appears several times throughout the Old Testament. Benet explained that "in the original Hebrew text of the Old Testament there are references to hemp, both as incense, which was an integral part of religious celebration, and as an intoxicant." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Benet demonstrated that the word for cannabis is kaneh-bosm, also rendered in traditional Hebrew as kaneh or kannabus. The root kan in this construction means "reed" or "hemp", while bosm means "aromatic". This word appears five times in the Old Testament; in the books of Exodus, the Song of Songs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]THEN GOD SAID, I GIVE YOU EVERY SEED-BEARING
    PLANT ON THE FACE OF THE WHOLE
    E
    ARTH, AND EVERY TREE THAT
    HAS FRUIT IN IT."
    GENESIS 1:29-30

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]THEN THE LORD SAID TO MOSES, "TAKE THE FOLLOWING FINE SPICES: 500 SHEKELS OF LIQUID MYRRH, HALF AS MUCH OF FRAGRANT CINNAMON, 250 SHEKELS OF KANNABOSM, 500 SHEKELS OF CASSIA - ALL ACCORDING TO THE SANCTUARY SHEKEL - AND A HIND OF OLIVE OIL. MAKE THESE INTO MAKE THESE INTO A SACRED ANNOITING OIL, A FRAGRANT BLEND, THE WORK OF A PERFUMER. IT WILL BE THE SACRED ANNOITING OIL.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]THEN USE IT TO ANOINT THE TENT OF THE MEETING, THE ARK OF THE TESTIMONY, THE TABLE AND ALL ITS ARTICLES, THE LAMPSTAND AND ITS ACCESSORIES, THE ALTAR OF INCENSE, THE ALTAR OF BURNT OFFERING AND ALL ITS UTENSILS, AND THE BASIN WITH ITS STAND. YOU SHALL CONSECRATE THEM SO THEY WILL BE MOST HOLY, AND WHATEVER TOUCHES THEM WILL BE HOLY.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    ANOINT AARON AND HIS SONS AND CONSECRATE THEM SO THEY MAY SERVE ME AS PREISTS. SAY TO THE ISRAELITES, "THIS IS TO BE MY SACRED ANOINTING OIL FOR THE GENERATIONS TO COME. DO NOT POUR IT ON MEN'S BODIES AND DO NOT MAKE ANY OIL WITH THE SAME FORMULA. IT IS SACRED, AND YOU ARE TO CONSIDER IT SACRED. WHOEVER MAKES PERFUME LIKE IT AND WHOEVER PUTS IT ON ANYONE OTHER THAN A PREIST MUST BE CUT OFF FROM HIS PEOPLE."
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]EXODUS 30:22-33[/FONT]

test
  10. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]AND THE POSTS OF THE DOOR MOVED AT THE VOICE OF HIM THAT CRIED, AND THE HOUSE WAS FILLED WITH SMOKE[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]THEN SAID I, WOE IS ME, FOR I AM UNDONEL BECAUSE I AM A MAN OF UNCLEAN LIPS, AND I DWELL IN THE MIDST OF A PEOPLE OF UNCLEAN LIPS; FOR MINE EYES HAVE SEEN THE KING, THE LORD OF HOSTS.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]THEN FLEW ONE OF THE SERAPHIMS UNTO ME, HAVING A LIVE COAL IN HIS HAND, WHICH HE HAD TAKEN WITH THE TONGS FROM OFF THE ALTAR,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]AND HE LAID IT UPON MY MOUTH AND SAID, LO, THIS HATH TOUCHED THY LIPS; AND THYNE INIQUITY IS TAKEN AWAY, AND THY SIN PURGED. [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]ISAIAH 6:4-7[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]EATING ANGELS[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]In The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, Scholar John M. Allegro points out that ancient peoples believed psychoactive plants to be living gateways to other realms, and thought of them as angels. The Greek and Hebrew equivalent of the word angel literally means messenger or worker of miracles. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]SHAMANS IN DISGUISE[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]It seems much more believable that the winged beings which appeared to Isaiah and other Biblical prophets were not actual angels, but rather ancient shamans, wearing elaborate costumes and enacting trance inducing rituals, all enhanced by the use of cannabis smoke and psychotropic compounds like anamita muscaria, mandrake, and others. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]This type of ritual initiation was common in the ancient middle east, and often involved the use of winged costumes and masks like those the early European explorers would find the aboriginal peoples of the world still using thousands of years later. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]DRINKING IN THE HOLY SMOKE[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Seraphim translates as "smoke drinker," and those of us familiar with hashish know that it burns in a similar way to both incense and coal. It isn't hard to imagine an ancient shaman lifting a burning coal of hashish or pressed bud to the lips of the ancient prophet Isaiah. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Isaiah, upon having the coal lifted to his lips, had his iniquity taken away and his sins purged. This is comparable to the way in which the Hindu sadhus lift their chillums to their third eye and exclaim "Boom Shiva," an act indicating their loss of ego and oneness with Shiva. [/FONT]

Read some of that shit and tell me the GOD is anti-drug
    test
  11. ezejesus

ezejesus New Member

^^^ Interesting
    test
  12. axpinoor

axpinoor New Member

test
  13. MC_JUGGAKNOX

MC_JUGGAKNOX New Member

^word!
    test
  14. Degenerate One

Degenerate One Noe Nose Touching

I don't think smoking weed is a sin.

Because it is "illegal?"

The Bible says something along the lines of "don't be a drunkard"

To me, that doesn't mean being high is a sin...but, if you are a DRUNKARD aka drug addict...then it could be a sin because it is controlling your life...It becomes a crutch for some people. Also, if your constantly high, your brain is not developing at the same pace of a non smoker.

It also mentions in Revelation,
    that "a plant will be given to the nation for healing"

could it possibly be weed?

If we look at all the benefits of hemp/weed, we see that there are little to no negatives.

the problem only comes in, when people abuse the substance.
    test
  15. Living HeLL

Living HeLL real nigga shit

yes its a sin
    test
  16. MrFrosty

MrFrosty hack the streets

if you look at it like that - then yeah.

You body is a temple and should not be defiled. Yada yada

I couldn't live by some book wrote during the bronze age were people didn't even know the world was round, but to each their own.
    test
  17. Fuk_your_Couch

Fuk_your_Couch New Member

not smoking weed is a sin...

that is tha word of tha couch...
    test
  18. Fuk_your_Couch

Fuk_your_Couch New Member

test
  19. schwarz

schwarz New Member

im feeling like it is because you're supposed to treat your body as a temple but if you bake it into a edible it doesnt damage your body unless there's continuous use naw mean? I feel like God wouldnt mind us feeling good as long as it doesnt interfere with your spiritual walk and it doesnt become like someone said a controlling addiction and factor but im struggling with the same thing esse
    test
  20. Nigganometry

Nigganometry New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.