Is playin b-ball messing up my progress?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LikeWise3001, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smile

Smile New Member

Fuck that shit. Playin ball before.

I can never do cardio shit before lifting and than actually lift I be too tired.

But I can lift and run.
    test
  2. VASHtheSTAMPEDE

VASHtheSTAMPEDE Casting sucha thin shadow

Soccer is the killer shit if you can find enough people to run full.

I play with all the hispanic dudes here. We've got enough people to supply the world cup brackets.

but yeah, i used to lift then try to play ball.... me being pg... shit didnt work. I felt self conscious too. Like, these assholes are gonna think I really play like this... like my arms are noodles.
    test
  3. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

word up.

i got a question for yall... how do NBA players work out... cuz most of the time they play games every other day, and that's not enough time for the triceps to recuperate.. so their shots be fallin off, right? well it doesnt seem that way! or do they not work out to their limit, and just keep their body toned during the season?

word to cigma, swimming works your entire body without putting stress on your joints. a lot of gym's have swimming pools too, like a lot of Bally's n shit, so u can take a couple laps before work out just to get warm and start your blood pumping, then work out, and then jump back in the pool to cool off. nothin better than that, especially if the water is a bit cool
    test
  4. LikeWise3001

LikeWise3001 I crush alot

^ my current gym has an outside pool.... i been waitin for it to get warmer so i can swim...

as a youngin I was on a swim team for 5 years... i'm nasty with it, got mad trophies and medals and ribbons in a box somewhere at my moms...

and theres no way i can do cardio before working out.....i'd have a shitty ass workout....
    test
  5. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

Pussy.
    test
  6. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

I can lift heavy and play ball after not problem. You dudes are just trash. I just can't jump as high but whatever.
    test
  7. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya swimming but you dont got a swimming pool almost everwhere though...but swimming is good for a total body workout thats why most swimmers got muscle tone.
    test
  8. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

NBA players do circuit training or plyometrics mainly for their legs and verical leap...but I read somewhere that they only do weight training 1 or 2 times a week.

not to their limit of course but to build strength and conditioning...

Circuit training builds muscle and tones you here is a pic of fighters who circuit trains. This is how my body used to look and I am trying to get their again but this time with less body fat and ripped abs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  9. Hotsauce X

Hotsauce X New Member

word, soccer gets you runnin like a bitch, extreeemely great cardio workout
    test
  10. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

Cardio does take away if ur trying to gain mass. I dont care what anoyone says IM A TRAINER.

But basketball wont hurt anything you can keep playing and still reach the goals ur trying to get.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.