Is playin b-ball messing up my progress?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LikeWise3001, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LikeWise3001

LikeWise3001 I crush alot

I need ya'll opinion this....

Today I hit chest hard, I ate good all day and had a shake after the workout but then I went home... rode by the park and seen a bunch of my friends up there so I went home, ate a chicken sandwich, drank some water and went to play ball...

but I ended up playin ball for like an hour and a half.... it was half court.... but still, im just worried that doin that kind of cardio 45 minutes after i worked out will mess up my gains?

when i got home, i drank a gatorade and i got some chicken on the grill im about to eat... which will be about an hour after i played ball.....

then before i sleep....i will drink a protein shake....

any opinion or actual knowledge on this is appreciated....

im only gonna play ball 1-3 times a week.... should I do this on days I dont lift? or is it coo the way I did it today?

btw- anytime i play ball i usually end up playing for more then an hour...
    test
  2. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

well it will make u more cut and slimmer
    i mean i got a dude who plays b ball and he dumb big no homo
    but he also plays football

i got this other dude who plays b ball 24/7 i tihnk he lifts
    but he aint really big just cut
    no homo

so i would say ur gonna get cut and slimmer but not brolic big.
    unless u hit it like ben wallace that beast.
    test
  3. Smile

Smile New Member

I didn't read your shit because it was too long.

But, if you play basketball along time you gonna burn calories and shit you feel me?

So you need to up your food game highly.

I mean shit, I intake about 4500 calories right now just to maintain my weight.

And I don't ball or nothin yo, I just run a few miles after I lift.

At least I ain't ballin right now.

Since you ballin and shit, I'd figure you to eat about 1,500 calories more just to surface back to your main weight, but you wanna get stronger so up your calorie intake by 2,000.

Mostly fat and carbohydrates of course.

Also, drink 40 oz. of wataer for every 30 minutes of basketball you be playin.

Happy playin playa lata!
    test
  4. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

Cardio is good in a limited amount, it gets the nutrients flowing in your bloodstream.

Just make sure you make up for it with your calories.
    test
  5. Little Lotus

Little Lotus New Member

you're gonna be one ripped dude.
    test
  6. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

always do cardio..fuck being big and bulky..
    test
  7. LikeWise3001

ok, so ya'll are saying basically to up my calories so i dont lose weight....

i'm coo with not gettin real big but I also dont want to get smaller.... as in lose my muscle mass.... the fat can go but I want to keep all my gains...

so to do that I need to up my calories...

would i be more worried about those calories coming from protein.. or carbs and fats like snow said? or a mixture of all?
    test
  8. Smile

Smile New Member

Ok, let's say.

You're ripped.

Your triceps, shoulders, biceps and all back muscles show without flexing you know!

It's time to up your fat amount and shit.

Becuase if you ain't got no fat to burn while playin basketball it's gonna burn muscle.
    test
  9. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

man basketball is the best to burn fat! when i used to play basketball i was slim....i never had a 6 pack in my life but i didnt have a huge gut when i used to play ball in highschool i was slim.
    test
  10. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

yup!

those basketball players eat a ton of carbs for energy probally more complex clean carbs then most people.
    test
  11. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

okay first of all, how the fuck are u able to play basketball AFTER working out your chest, which also works out your triceps? are u like a defensive stopper like bruce bowen or what? cuz my shots be falling OFF if i played ball the same day i worked out on my tri's
    test
  12. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I think you can still play ball after working out but not the next day when shit gets sore....i cant even throw a basketball the next day id be in extreme pain cause of my sore tris.

probally tear one.
    test
  13. LikeWise3001

haha, when I work out my chest....i try to take alot of work off my tri's as possible....so my tri's dont end up being worked so hard...but I did get sore towards the end....my chest, my tri's, my whole torso was sore....

but it didnt effect my shot at all... I just had to focus more on form, keeping my elbow in cause my arm did get lazy after the workout....

there's no way I could play ball the next day....and I could never play the same day as i did legs....

I'm a shooter/slasher...my game is more like Tony Parker...just gotta pace yourself if you play ball after a workout...
    test
  14. LikeWise3001

Ok, I see.... so I'm gonna add more carbs and fats.... good shit....

do I take carbs AFTER playing ball too? cause I usually end around 8....8:30 at night.... I gotta have me a gatorade but should I take more carbs then a gatorade?
    test
  15. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

^All that carbs, protein, fat shit dont really matter if you a small slimmer dude..the most important thing is calories, and since it looks like your workin out and playin ball regularly you need to be takin in a hella lot cals..if you eatin a ton, then you'll naturally be takin in fat, carbs, protein so dont even worry bout that. You need to be takin in double the cals you were takin in before you started workin out just not to lose weight, an if you wanna get bigger you need to be eatin even more then that. At this point you should just be focused on eatin and as a result gettin bigger, then when that happens you could start worryin bout how much fat, protein you take in.
    test
  16. Smile

Smile New Member

Word at my dog styles.

Whenever I tried to play basketball after lifting, any fuckin upper body muscle.

Feel like I'm throwin a fuckin midget up there, my shots be air ballin more than Shaquille O'Neal's 3-point shots.
    test
  17. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

^hahah I feel you man...I typically play ball after just about every workout...and when it's upper body, forget aboutttt ittt....I need a kid's hoop to make shots..lol

Or on my leg days....damn, I got about as much ups as a midget. fuck

It is a great way to loosen you up after a hard workout....or if you shoot around before hand it's great for getting your blood flowing.
    test
  18. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I remember in high school my weight training teacher told us that playing basketball daily for at least an 45 minutes a day is the best fat burning cardio you can do anywhere.
    test
  19. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

You could play ball before you workout.

It will get the blood flowing and prime your muscles for the main course.
    test
  20. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Swimming.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.