Is our generation comparable to the baby boomers in terms of work ethic?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by J o o k, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Or even Germany...I believe they mandate young adult males to either go to a university or spend a year in the military.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

I have a few buddies that would go insane if they had to spend a week at home...

I'm the opposite...

Staycation, unwinding, relaxing at the house, sleeping in an not doing shit is the most theraputic way for me to relieve myself of stress...

My one week.

wife at work, kid in school and I'm cashed out on the couch catching up on tv shows and movies.
    test
  3. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Those are the ones that die like a yr after retirement. Their body ain't use to relaxing and they just check out.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  4. Archer

Archer Hamityville

So I was thinking about this some more.

It is quite possible that technological advancement has made people lazier, for the simple fact that so much more is automated: people don't need to work as hard as they used to.

That said, there are certain positions in the workforce that have to work harder than ever - and get rewarded as such.

Both the above are likely playing into the current class disparities, and we won't see the full effect of this for another 10-20 years. It seems logical to me that wage disparity will increase further - the "lazy" will be earning the same, or less due to inflation of cost and not of wages, which the "hard working" category will be earning more than ever.

There's also the issue raised by the fact that the US industries have changed over the last 30-50 years, in varying ways, but primarily a greater percentage of tertiary and quaternary sector jobs. These are service and knowledge based careers that make the most of technological advances; there are less primary (raw materials) and secondary (industry) careers. This makes it appear like the work is "easier", and due to the lack of physical evidence of work (ie. service rather than production) people appear lazier.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. Archer

Archer Hamityville

[​IMG]
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

When I'm stressed I build something. Like Friday morning. I was in a shit mood. So I built a small shell inside of my kitchen window over my sink using a 1 x 6 piece of line. It was scrap which was cool. Sanded it down to round the corners. Cut it to a 1 x 4 to fit. Painted it. And affixed it to the sill. Felt real good after that

My girl took us for couples massage yesterday. Win
    test
  7. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Archer is an intelligent guy.
    test
  8. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

no its def accurate. this generation is lazier.
    technology is probably to blame.
    the current technologies are meant to be used as shortcuts for us, but we totally abuse it.
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Apologies for prying in advance, but...ever though about turning this hobby of yours into a business, or becoming a civil engineer?
    test