Is our generation comparable to the baby boomers in terms of work ethic?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by J o o k, Oct 15, 2013.

1. quotive

quotive 3

[​IMG]
    test
  2. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

That just creeped me the fuck out bro.

I literally sat here perplexed as fuck thinking how you got this footage of me.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  3. Jammin' Jobus

Jammin' Jobus S A D B O Y S

i don't know how the US works how do they deal with assisted living and continuing care for old people if there isn't money or insurance?

they surely need to bring them in and house them somewhere dont they?
    test
  4. J o o k

If there is no money, insurance or social security benefits - they're fucked.

Where as in Canada, they take care of EVERYONE.

Maybe this Obama care shit will change that though.
    test
  5. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

lmao... yeah house them in... their children's homes...

ya'll know the percentage of middle aged americans who live with their PARENTS AND CHILDREN
    test
  6. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

These 70s niggas are bringing up these buls. They was wearing the same shit when they were teens. Ball buster ass bell bottoms and shit. My sons are gonna dress like men.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  7. J o o k

Lol, I hope so man.
    test
  8. Jammin' Jobus

Jammin' Jobus S A D B O Y S

damn. that's hard up.
    test
  9. double ML

double ML plekz = wannabe thought police

no. these muh' fuckas lazy as fuck.
    test
  10. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

I think that it's a giant mix, and everything is more and more out the window in-terms of trying to pigeon-hole a generation into behaving this way or that.

Some stupid rules were meant to fall off, and debating them with older folks and seeing it through to the point of actually breaking them - that can be progress.

Other rules were there to serve a purpose, and a lot of kids have become lost without them.

In many ways, kids are becoming more and more sentient to their surroundings. Their education is suffering, but their intelligence is not. What I mean by that is simple: they reject the entire premise of the system that has brainwashed (ALL) generations, but mostly don't know how to show it or adapt.

For instance - Family.

You go through school being lectured that if you don't get your higher education and bust your ass working hard, you will be a failure.

You buy into said system.

You move away from all of your friends and family to better your career.

Your mom dies while you're gone.

Your dad dies while you're gone.

Your brother barely sees you.

You share your success with total strangers, when the original drive for your success was to better-up your family.

What is the common denominator, though?

Your personal time was bought as a commodity, you sold your entire relationship chain down the line and are left with nothing but selfish aspirations to share it with.

I call that sad, and I'm seeing younger generations enlightened to the same.

Hard work is fruitful but the fruit rots with none to share it with.
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  11. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

Open mindedness makes you smarter, almost automatically. That's why - despite education in USA sinking as a whole, intelligence / sentience is getting better. On things like gay marriage, etc.

Problem is, the crux of the "let them die" versus "give them welfare and many will become lazy" debate - - - - - - is that there's probably not a legitimate solution out there.

A genius on these matters is Jacque Fresco.
    test
  12. J o o k

GT very good points.

I don't think welcoming & accepting gay rights is being open minded or sophisticated, I think it's pure devil worship so I'll keep that out of the discussion as far as progression goes. It's more of a religious thing and not so much a work ethic thing but understand what you're saying.

As far as your perspective on family, absolutely. We are losing sight of family.

But how do you feel we compare to our predecessors, the very people that made America into the world power it is today?
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

ok I'll leave the gay debate out of it b/c I respect Religious grounds for disagreement. Always.

To answer:

We're no better or worse than they are, in all likelihood.

They were backed into a corner and reacted.

We haven't been backed into any corners to test our gumption yet, so you cannot speculate whether we have it or not.

You can; however, point to the complacency that technology creates in us. But then again, most of the technology we have is due to our predecessors' inventions, and so it would seem they had lazy intentions to begin with. (think: television remote, and move forward from there).
    test
  14. J o o k

Do you think our generation is more or less disciplined and do you think that's a good or bad thing?

I just feel that lack of discipline among our generation is going to ultimately lead to our demise.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

I don't think it's measurable.

Our welfare population is growing - but I wouldn't call that a Country-wide problem but more-so an urban issue and so I'm not going to paint the entire generation with the mentality that the ghetto seems to promote in our culture.

We have more technical, brain-heavy things to build and maintain these days than they did before. And that takes discipline.

If you mean a general devolving of our youth via pop culture-type etiquette.............I mean, you do it here daily with promoting vanity and promiscuity so how genuine of a place are you coming from, know what I mean? We can point to certain things that are bad about every generation, but everyone has their flaws. Humans are great, the more you travel the better it feels.
    test
  16. J o o k

I am speaking strictly on work ethic (i.e. original post).

Every generation has their promiscuous lol, that's not the variable I'm discussing.
    test
  17. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

It's also worth noting that there's now a 24/7 news cycle and the media is a zillion times bigger, and so all of the "bad / sad" stuff you hear on the news isn't always necessarily more prevalent, it's just more heard about.
    test
  18. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

I work hard. My brother works hard. My friends mostly have degrees and bust their asses.

I work hard when nobody's looking. I don't cut corners if I rake a neighbor's lawn. I grab a singular leaf if it blows away. That sort of thing, about the leaf, I think is the source of your question. And the answer isn't what generation we're in...........it's however you were raised. It depends wholly on your influences, and there's plenty of hard working influences to still go around.

Michael Jordan was an influence in my life. My grandfather was, my mom was sort of, minus her obvious flaws.
    test
  19. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

I think you might be a grab that extra leaf when nobody's looking kind of guy, but are you really when you talk about girls like they're dogshit? Who knows what is real and what is board talk? It makes these discussions less fulfilling tbh.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  20. J o o k

I hear ya, that's integrity. A lot of people our age don't have it.

Maybe they should have watched more MJ lol.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test