Is Nas is the ONLY rapper out right now that puts out GOAT Quality music?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Sep 2, 2013.

1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

those are 2 of his best albums, and among the best albums released last decade.
    test
  2. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I think life is good is far better than both....like all nas albums both those had some great songs, and I never expect anything less than at least 3 project windows quality songs on each album of his.....as I have always said, he set the bar so high for himself that it is hard to live up to even when albums / are good....I did think hhid.was a bad name as well as trying for untitled original name .....and Chris webber should never be allowed to ruin a well written song just cuz he bought fl studio 4 weeks prior to making a beat.....
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I swear you hate the entire hip hop is dead album for 1 song that chris webber did that wasnt even that bad.

only bad tracks on hip hop is dead are Who Killed It, where are they now, and hope. thats it.

Untitled has NO bad songs and is one of my favorite rap albums of all time. Nas has never been better than he was in 2008, at ANY POINT of his illustrious career.
    test
  4. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

^^Stillmatic >>>

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    test
  5. Kry

Kry Willie Stylus

Street's Disciple...out of 2 discs, I'd have trouble making 1 good disc. I could prob only squeeze out a decent Ep from that album. Nothing else is wack, Untitled is average but not wack
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I think SD is better than I Am... disc 1 was mostly dope... there were more than a few songs I wasn't feelin' on disc 2.

I'd give I Am a 3 and SD a 3.5... if it was just disc 1, I'd give it a 4.

I'd give HHID a 4 and N*gger a 4.
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

So I finally watched the full episode of Nas Behind the Music last weekend and I thought it was odd that Jungle had to literally BEG his brother to respond to Jay Z... if he hadn't responded, I think his career would've been over... he never gave a real reason why he was reluctant to do so... Jay is no lightweight and the fans were really questioning Nas during that time... Jay kicked him while he was down, so.. HE HAD TO RESPOND... and I think it saved his career.

I also thought it was crazy how Jungle admitted that he was ready to shoot Pac when they bumped into each other at The Source awards over that beef... he's a real livewire... a whatever type nigga... you need niggas like that on your team... lol (paraphrasing Nas from Belly)
    test
  8. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Life Is Good is a low point for me, but he still kills features and it had that Locomotive joint on it that was crazy.
    test
  9. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Nas... GOAT... :obamalulz:
    test
  10. SpawnYours

SpawnYours Gram •••••••

Life is good was a good Album for Nas - Very Mature and the production was solid. He went off on a lot of those tracks. Untitled has a certain mood to it that feels depressing, but I guess that's the whole concept for the album - still his lyrics were amazing! Hip hop is dead was a little to focused on being commercial and SD seemed thrown together.
    test
  11. Superman70

Superman70 edited

Untitled is his best since Stillmatic, and Nas is definitely one of the GOATs
    test
  12. DJboutit

DJboutit Well-Known Member

K Rino still drops 4.5 mic albums
    test
  13. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I agree 100%.

firstly, obviously him roasting Jay helped his career.

Secondly, jay calling out Nas for the contradictions in his music is what made him change his style and make more mature "street teacher" typer of music.
    test
  14. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

Jay-z will always trump Nas. Jay has appeal, popularity, swag, something to be excited for. Nas has been consistent, but boring... I'll be simple about it Illmatic> any Jay album... Reasonable doubt, The Blueprint, The Black Album > Every Nas album not Illmatic. Nas Is my favorite rapper, but in a popularity contest he loses every time. When all is said and done Nas and Jay-z are the only two relevant rappers left from the early to mid 90's.

And I know it's still early but Kendrick dropped some great stuff, and Lupe has proven he can come off of a bad album with a good album
    test
  15. King-Vis

King-Vis Buy Any Beats Necessary

Allnakey, i agree with you. I consider "Illmatic" the greatest album a rapper ever recorded. But Jay has longevity because he always thinks further than just rapping. I see Jay-Z as an entertainer/entrepreneur. He's a businessman.

Nas would murder Jay anytime when it comes to battling!
    test
  16. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

first off, there are several Nas albums better than every Jay album... the words u used to describe Jay arent different qualities, they are just different adjectives for the same quality.

and who cares about popularity? Nas is already known as one of the greatest rappers of all time, so he just keeps making good music.
    test
  17. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I put Nas' longevity over Jay's because jay is still trying to pander to the casual hip hop listeners for money, and that effects the quality of his music. Nas just goes into the studio trying to make the best music possible.
    test
  18. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I would say they both do....everyone who is anyone goes in trying to make the best music they can.....the idea is to be heard by as many as possible....jay can please both die hards and casual fans...so can nas, they have both done it and try to do it when they make music....
    test
  19. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I doubt jay does it to the extent that Nas does though... for instance, I liked watch the throne, but its well below what kanye and jay-z are capable of... they kind of figured they could ride the hype... Distant relatives however was knocked out of the park by Nas and Damian Marley.
    test
  20. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

He's not a businessman... he's a BUSINESS... man!

Sorry, couldn't help it... lol
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test