Is Nas is the ONLY rapper out right now that puts out GOAT Quality music?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Sep 2, 2013.

1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

seriously... Jay's magna carta is dope, but not out of this world

Eminem lost his identity...

Yall already know I consider Kayne one of the best hip hop artists ever, but WTT, cruel summer and Yeezuz were all disappointments even though they had a few bright spots...

Pac, biggie Big L are dead, so they aint doin shit

yall niggas love wu-tang... are they making GOAT quality shit? only wu tang ive listened to recently was the Man with the Iron fists record, which was dope, but not extraordinary...

Big Daddy Kane in my top 10 and he just had a collab album with some group he just formed... shit was decent...

Lupe Fiasco earned top 10 respect from me based on how powerful his first 2 albums were. F&L 2 was dope... but I dont find myself replaying the whole thing... just a few tracks...

Ludacris is the best southern rapper of all time but he been slippin like a muthafucka.

any body heard anything from Rakim lately? LL Cool J? Ice Cube? G rap? krs one?

wow... ive been complaining a lot lately... not sure y lol.

fuck... who am I missing?

the only rapper in the GOAT conversation that is still making GOAT type music is Nas.

Life Is Good was knocked out of the park... and the Let Nas Down remix was mind blowing... one of the hottest tracks of 2013.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Pharoahe Monch. You know, dream, I always thought you may be a Monch fan. Because despite his rawness he has that "musical" thingy that makes his shit sound dope.
    test
  3. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

I gotta agree with you on Nas being the only one right now. Lupe would come close but he hasn't been the same...seconding Nas
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I havent listened to him in a while. I liked We Are Renegades when I first heard it, for some reason I just haven't played it since... idk, I just listen to so much shit, that if something doesn't completely blow me away, I really pay it no mind...

then if something does, I listen to it nonstop and then make 100 thousand threads about it. lol
    test
  5. Superman70

Superman70 edited

Kanye is the only one really, everyone else hasnt been around long enough or hasnt done enough. WTT and CS werent' as good as his solo albums (probably mostly bc they werent solo albums)

Andre 3000 and Scarface are better than Ludacris.
    Arguments could also be made for TI, Killer Mike, Lil' Wayne, and Big Boi.

And how come Pun never gets mentioned but L always does. Capital Punishment >
    test
  6. ThatsNotMyName

test
  7. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I like Pun and I like capitol punishment, but he doesnt switch up the flow enough for me. Big L comes flawless on every song and hes the cleverest MC of all time in my book.

as for the southern rapper thing...
    andre is not better than Ludacris... Ludacris stays on beat... andre sometimes goes off on his own flow regardless of what the beat is doing... tbh, other than aquemini and atliens, I cant stand outkast.

I listened to the love below and almost vomited...

then I listened to idlewild, thinkin I'll give them another shot... shit was terrible.

as dope as scarface is, luda is more versatile... he can do so many different kinds of tracks well.

fuck TI, the nigga can come raw sometimes but hes trash mostly

Lil Wayne is even worse... garbage 90 percent of the time... okay 8 percent of the time... and 2 percent of the time he'll have a decent verse.

killer mike is decent but seriosly what the hell has that nigga done compared to Ludacris?
    test
  8. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

oh and as for kanye, like I said in the 1st post, lately his music has been declining quality wise.
    test
  9. koolbreeze1981

koolbreeze1981 Member

True GOAT quality rap music doesn't come around very often anyway. So I say no one. Not even Nas.
    test
  10. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i disagree. I think he's making music that no one else out now could make, and doing very well at it.

and you cant stand outkast, but i bet even ludacris would give props to them (and scarface).

What I've heard of Big L is too punchline-centric.

Wayne has much more material than Luda so he puts himself out there more. When you're putting out that many mixtapes the quality is bound to slip, which yeah that's his fault. But I think his best is up there with Ludacris' best. I've probably listened to Carter 2 more than every Ludacris album combined.
    test
  11. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Kanye's newest album is ass.

Bless your soul, Lang.

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

The last true rap classic I heard was probably Blu & Exile's Below the Heavens or Talib Kweli's Ear Drum.
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

double post
    test
  14. horde

horde Gunslinger

Life is Good > Magna Carta.
    test
  15. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i think most would agree on that
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. ThatsNotMyName

Wu-Tang, and I can give you individual joints as well...

test
  17. Kry

Kry Willie Stylus

Nas could be the most consistent mc of all time...dude has dropped 2 bad albums since 94
    test
  18. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

^nastradamous and what?
    test
  19. Superman70

Superman70 edited

streets disciple perhaps
    test
  20. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Untitled hhid were both decent at best....
    test