Is Muhammad the final prophet?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by M-theory, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NatGeografik

NatGeografik ********

Is Saudi Arabia the only Muslim country on earth? 2 billion muslims, many living in the west, influencing Western s.cience and philosophy and you say, "well in Saudi Arabia" and accuse me of "diverting the issue." Also, please address the issues of the popularity of science and philosophy in Muslim societies, especially when Muslims were significantly more religious than they are now

Well, again we asked you to show something false, like your claim that "embryology in the Qur'an" is incorrect. According to what? Muslims say it is in accordance to science, non-Muslims don't. Speaking in this arrogant way without actually providing any claims is the epitome of diverting the subject.

Please, no copy and pasting either, because we can just copy and paste past each other all night long and nothing will be proven. Show me a scientific issue and we'll discuss it.
    test
  2. NatGeografik

NatGeografik ********

Why would he need to know all of them? He is not a god, but merely a man who gets revelation. Without revelation he'd know just as much as anyone. Just like Jesus was a man who knew nothing without the Father
    test
  3. NatGeografik

NatGeografik ********

Also, I just picked this up, why would you accuse me of having a "purpose to deceive" (your choice to accuse me of living in the shadows), you don't know me. I never accused you of deception, so why would you immediately attack me?
    test
  4. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Here's the thing, I am willing to delve into this issue. But I need some assurances on your part. Fact is, I don't know you and you don't know me. We can some assumptions and inferences on what has been stated already. For example, you seem to be a practicing Muslim.

At the same time, I'm well aware of the treatment of both women and apostates. Consequently, I am not willing to delve into this if I will only be met with insults and vitriol. I am willing if we are capable of having a mature open discussion. This isn't an insult to you and your faith, after all, Islam is a religion of peace. Muslims don't start riots when somebody in a northern European country commits an offense. It is, if anything, a slight towards the population of the internet in general. Far too many times I've had to school people on various subjects only to be met with "cunt" and "faggot."

I will say though, without investing too much of my time, the following. Muslims who compare the scientific claims of the Quran with actual science simply don't understand science or they don't understand the Quran. I have kept company with ex-Muslims who did understand science and did understand the Quran. It's because of this they have, like myself, become apostate. Because simply, if empirical evidence says one thing, and the recitations of a mad man say another, one tends to be a safer bet than the other.

Now, if I do present my evidence before you, will you consider it in a mature adult fashion? Or will I simply be attacked?
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

an entire essay, and yet no citation?

i'm being serious, quote a surah, and tell me how it is flawed.

what in the world are you fucking on about?

why would he know the prophets that came before him?

muhammad (s.a.w) only got his first revelation when he was 40 years old.

only one prophet was born a prophet, and that was isa (jesus), everybody else? no.

why do i even fucking bother with you, you will grow up only to fondle child penis. prove me wrong.

:numaan:
    test
  7. AliceHouse

Exhibit A:

The sperm does not become a clinging clot. It fertilizes the egg. Nowhere is the female's genetic information ever mentioned. Which is a grave omission for any document attempting to give an accurate explanation for embryology.

The embryo does not cling like a leech. It creates a circulatory system which exchanges blood and waste with the mother. No doubt you are familiar with verses which liken the embryo to a leech. This is a clear mistake, and gross misinterpretation.

Third, bones do not come before flesh. This is a grievous error. One does not even need a science textbook to refute this. A simple examination of of embryos can be done in your own back yard with enough cattle and a stomach for disembowelment.
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

I dnt like the looks of this
    test
  9. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

the embryo was never mentioned to be like a clinging clot, that's the sperm.

as for it not mentioning the embryo, read the verse before it.

And certainly did We create man from an extract of clay. - 23:12
    Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging. - 23:13.

fair call, but reaching much?

i wouldn't have a clue about embryology.

duly note, that the qur'an is not to be taken as a science text.

if you want to learn science, you read science text books, not the qur'an.

this is a book with infinite wisdom, and bountiful guidance for those who read it.

again, keep visiting answering-islam, you're not the first and you won't be the last.

:numaan:
    test
  10. AliceHouse

The Quran claims perfection.

You admit it's not perfect.

I'm not reaching in the least bit. One says bones form before flesh, one says flesh forms before bone. They can't both be right, but only one can be verified.
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

science neglect's all forms of morality ei: empathy, love, etc etc but nobodies trumpin science for being fallible
    test
  12. AliceHouse

Are you familiar with Game Theory?
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

test
  14. AliceHouse

I am not too familiar with it either. So a moment while I wikipedia that shit...

...ah, in short it's the study of strategic decision making. Specifically the mathematical models of conflict and cooperation. It's also an umbrella term for the logical side of science.

It relates to morality and ethics in that it directly addresses these issues. Putting people in various "games" in which decisions must be made, collecting data, and examining the results. A good example would be the Prisoner's dilemma:

Obviously, you and I learn from the streets. We don't snitch or say shit to the cops. End result? We both go free. That would be our morality in question. Who on Earth would be a backstabber? Cooperation is benificial towards our well being as a species.

There are of course, other games with other results. But that's the jist of it. Morality and ethics are slowly over the past hundred years, becoming quantifiable and testable in scientific experiments.

Keep in mind, I'm not a hardcore atheist love science Hitchens is the bomb yadda yadda. I'm of my own faith, in fact. But science is cool. When one asks, why doesn't God heal amputees? Science develops the ability to 3D print body organs.
    test
  15. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

Blasphemy to the Most High
    test
  16. TERRA WRISTS

TERRA WRISTS Global Faction

A question:

Has any man claimed to be a prophet after the prophet Muhammad pbuh and founded a globally recognised religion to rival the likes of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?

No.

But you'll wax pedantic that Muhammad is not the last prophet anyway?

Here's a screw driver, fix it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.