Is Money the problem?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by roc55555, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roc55555

roc55555 Well-Known Member

Man, I have always teetered with this topic in my head. To me, Money is the root of all evil. It will change people. And it will make people turn on one another.

Now here we have a dilemma. I want the battlers to get paid for hard work, but I don't want to see it at the extent that it hurts the company who has to put up the funds, especially when some leagues/divisions don't have as much to give. If there are sponsors supporting, and folks willing to financially back what is going on, then cool. But I don't necessarily agree on paying people for the sake of paying them cuz someone else paid them before. They will eventually ask for more down the line, or pull an Arsenal and try and blackmail u into givin more.

I feel like u should EARN a chance to be paid. And when I say paid, it should be on something reasonable like hotel, flights, and possibly based on how many views u generate. Someone shouldn't be paid just cuz they politicked themselves to get into ur pockets. I am all for seeing BIG blockbuster matchups, but I would rather see money go to battlers that will continue to be loyal and support ur league. Cuz at the end of the day, if u give money out to folks that don't support u, then u will never see a return on ur investment. They will simply take ur money and never give ur league any promotion or credit, and they very unlikely will want to battle unless they are paid again.

I'd rather see guys get paid who WANT to battle, who have little to NO EGOS, and are motivated to help BUILD their division and league. They will be the people that are personally invested in ur product, and they will be the people u can fall back on when u need someone to build ur lineup on.

If this money gets tossed around, people will use that as leverage to say "well if u paid him, then why can't u pay me the same?". Eventually it'll lead to more bickering and stickier situations. Leagues should build with the people that they know will stay committed and loyal to them, and are not their to leech off of it.

Like I said, I wanna see battlers get paid, REASONABLY and if they earn it based on views. I think if ur hustle game is on par with makin music, then battlers can find ways of makin that loot. Get ur studio game up! Or do what other battlers do, and find other hustles. I went to BOTB once and copped a few mixtapes from battlers, copped a shirt from Fredo, etc. U get the point. There are ways of makin that dough without tryna get into the dirty side of politics and shit. I wanna see the leagues have longevity. All ur pesos can't be put into one or 2 monster events. U gotta keep some ends to last u for longer.

My 2 cents.
    test
  2. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

why would u create a thread about money being the problem and end it with that?
    test
  3. roc55555

lol. Ur too much.

Don't worry, they are my 2 cents, not takin any one else's pennies.
    test
  4. avocado

avocado Well-Known Member

arsonal drives a school bus for a living.
    i work on million dollar projects.

i do grind time for free.
    he gets paid 6g's.

yet i finished MOB.
    test
  5. Maytrikz

Maytrikz Genuine Person Time

Grindtime is a business after all. Its just about paying who really deserves it and how much they deserve. Great thread bro.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

i made a thread that touched on this issue last night
    test
  7. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

i agree... but i dunno about money being the problem, its the desire for money that you dont deserve.
    test
  8. roc55555

My apologies home-skillet, I didn't see it.

I really wanted to drive this money issue home, cuz I think it's slowly hurtin this battle shit. It's a necessary evil, cuz money is needed to make these events happen, but I think over-payin for certain battlers is gonna really cause problems down the road.
    test
  9. mookie wilson

mookie wilson New Member

back to outdoor leagues for the summer. less $ involved, better footage, less qp-like interruptions, roots shit mafaucka
    test
  10. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

one of the best statements of the day. shows how some people do it for the love and some people in fact do it for the money
    test
  11. roc55555

avo's a class act. He's a perfect example of someone who is loyal to this movement. And Arsenal is a perfect example of someone who is not loyal, as I even mentioned in my first post here.

I'd rather see Avo get paid than any battler with an inflated ego.
    test
  12. talal12345

talal12345 Member

easy!
    test
  13. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

While your point remains true, I'm still not sure if I believe that Arsonal is a bus driver.
    test
  14. jazegtnyvp

jazegtnyvp V.I.P. (BeastCoast NY)

As an insider you're going to feel that way about alot of ego driven top dogs in any business. in wcw smarks HATED hogan. they knew what he was about. hogan was a PRICK backstage but was he selling ALOT of wcw merchandise?
    test
  15. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

i know right?

cpl months ago triple h and hbk were hated backstage cuz they abused they powers....but they the most popular and doing good for wwe and selling dx merchandise
    test
  16. roc55555

So what GT merchandise is bein moved by the battlers? If there were dvds, or tshirts, or mixtapes these leagues were puttin out, then I can understand the battlers cakin a lil extra. But we're talkin about youtube views. I think if u are getting a ton of views for the battle company, then u can be entitled to EARNING more.

Since we did talk about merch now, I think GT could learn from KOTD a bit more. Everytime I went to a KOTD event, there r tons of folks in the crowd wearin t-shirts, hats, hoodies, etc with the KOTD logo on it. GT events, I only see folks who are on the staff wearin the shirts and what not. I think they can take the shirt shit alot further. I went to EOW's website not too long ago, and they got a bunch of different gear on their site. Why not push this merch shit a lil more. I think they already have an audience for folks wanting to buy the gear. Put out a magazine too like KOTD. Get that word out there and maybe it'll add another revenue channel into GT's wallets.

I'd rather see them spend money on investing on merchandise that could be sold than to give it to battlers with egos who may not even care about ur company. U feel me?
    test
  17. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

if you wear KOTD clothing to the event, you also get a discount on ticket prices. win/win for both the company and the spectator.
    test
  18. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

I've said it many times and i'll say it again. It's cool to fly people out to battle. I'm all for that. But to actually pay someone is ridiculous. Nobody is that much better than anybody else in this battle shit. Anybody can be beaten. If you fly people to a battle event, that should be enough. How often would those people travel otherwise? Make the battlers earn the money. Fly them out to battle and the winner of battles get the money. You think you're good? Prove it.
    test
  19. roc55555

And honestly, I'd rather see some of these funds get shared in GT with some of the divisions that are not doin as well who may need the help. I think the NW could deserve a big event, and what about GT north, do they still exist? What about the new DMV division, they look like they can use some startup funds, or perhaps ATL.

Why are only NY, Cali, and FL puttin on big events? How come Sonny hasn't gotten some funds to help put a huge MW event? I mean it makes the MOST financial sense. Its in the middle of the map, so it would be less cost for battlers to fly distance wise. They can recruit easily from mc's in the west, east, south, and even from Canada. Not to mention getting a venue, security, etc is cheaper in the midwest than it would be in NY, LA, MIA, etc. I think some things need to be re-worked out for the next upcoming year on how the funds are being divided or pooled, and to try and find avenues that make the most sense financially to help bring up not only the divisions that are lacking, but also help the battlers that have stayed loyal and progressed the most.
    test
  20. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

I think its just disrespectful that dudes be paying for their flights and hotels and dont ask for anything get put to the back of the line while other people who just wanna bandwagon and use GT for selfish reasons get rewarded....Oh I done 10 battle for GT and never got paid once but so-an-so comes in for 1 battle and gets paid more than anyone else....it dont sit right with people Im sure, and then when they start demanding they become divas.....

The 5 wins thing was the best idea they let slip.....paying East Coast cats thousands upon thousands was the worst thing to ever happen to GT....the views dont make any money....

I see it like they paid for exposure like advertising but to the detriment of the company, the exposure woulda been a bit slower but woulda still been garnered without the huge paydays for the east coast heads.....just my opinion tho init

PEACE
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.