Is Jesus the only way to Heaven?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Answer: "I'm basically a good person, so I'll go to heaven." "OK, so I do some bad things, but I do more good things, so I'll go to heaven." "God won't send me to hell just because I don't live by the Bible. Times have changed!" "Only really bad people like child molesters and murderers go to hell."

These are all common rationalizations, but the truth is that they are all lies. Satan, the ruler of the world, plants these thoughts in our heads. He, and anyone who follows his ways, is an enemy of God (1Peter 5:8). Satan is a deceiver and often disguises himself as someone good (2 Corinthians 11:14), but he has control over all the minds that do not belong to God. "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Corinthians 4:4).

It is a lie to believe that God doesn't care about small sins or that hell is reserved for "bad people." All sin separates us from God, even a “little white lie.” Everyone has sinned, and no one is good enough to get to heaven on their own (Romans 3:23). Getting into heaven is not based on whether our good outweighs our bad; we will all lose out if that is the case. "And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace" (Romans 11:6). We can do nothing good to earn our way to heaven (Titus 3:5).

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it" (Matthew 7:13). Even if everyone else is living a life of sin in a culture where trusting in God is not popular, God will not excuse it. "As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient" (Ephesians 2:1-2).

When God created the world, it was perfect and good. Then he made Adam and Eve and gave them their own free will, so they would have a choice whether to follow and obey God. But they were tempted by Satan to disobey God, and they sinned. This separated them (and everyone that came after them, including us) from being able to have a close relationship with God. He is perfect and holy and must judge sin. As sinners, we couldn't reconcile ourselves to God on our own. So God made a way that we could be united with Him in heaven. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23). Jesus was born to die for our sins so that we would not have to. Three days after His death, He rose from the grave (Romans 4:25), proving Himself victorious over death. He bridged the gap between God and man so that we may have a personal relationship with Him if we only believe.

"Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent" (John 17:3). Most people believe in God, even Satan does. But to receive salvation, we must turn to God, form a personal relationship, turn away from our sins, and follow Him. We must trust in Jesus with everything we have and everything we do. "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference" (Romans 3:22). The Bible teaches that there is no other way to salvation than through Christ. Jesus says in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Jesus is the only way of salvation because He is the only One who can pay our sin penalty (Romans 6:23). No other religion teaches the depth or seriousness of sin and its consequences. No other religion offers the infinite payment of sin that only Jesus Christ could provide. No other “religious founder” was God become man (John 1:1,14) – the only way an infinite debt could be paid. Jesus had to be God so that He could pay our debt. Jesus had to be man so He could die. Salvation is available only through faith in Jesus Christ! “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12).
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Good thread. 'even the works of the righteous is like dirty rags compared to a holly God.; which is why "good works" wont get us into heaven. We could never do enuff good works to be righteous. Which is why we need a lawyer. JESUS is our lawyer. Since he faced ALL the temptations and situations we deal with day to day he interceeds on our behalf. An Jesus's perfection is attributed to us in those that believe and we are made perfect through him. So when God looks at us he sees jesus. When we repent he is just to forgive us because christ shed his innocent blood to attone for the sins of the world."There is no other name under heaven to which we are able to be saved", nor that can do the work that the name of Jesus can. It gives us diminion on earth and in heaven."whatever we bind on earth is bound in heaven and on earth"
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

no its not

im more spiritually advanced than you. I do believe this.

and the reason is partly because i feel im closer to the truth. Part of the truth being that you dont need to study any specific religion to graduate with everyone who does when you die...

i firmly believe it doesnt matter

you firmly believe it does.
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

i also study other religions also in my life-time. my "faith" is what holds me to the cross.

you make a comment as if your more advanced than me, like you have become more special than me, through your own knowledge.

in multiple religions faith, such as jew muslim christian they all warn us about leaning on our own understandings.

we can't say "im a good person" and think that's how we get to heaven.

god has made it very clear in nature there is two choices, and two results

life death- right wrong.. light dark .****aying both sides of the fence is like serving two masters..

just like our brains control our bodies as u've said before, same with god, whom control our brains, or influences them at least, especially for those who are receptive...

if there is a god, he has to be a holy just god, who hates sin..

no one can get to heaven by there good deed's alone, bc in order to do good, we have to have an alterior motive, such as recognition. but we all know that is a branch of selfishness and pride, all jesus ask's is to have the faith of a mustard seed in him, and he will grant us life w/out death. to break free from all bondage on earth is how we find totality in christ.

to reject that, is to reject the offer from god who gives us an advocate.

but you may believe what you believe. but i plead with you, that you ask god to fill you with the spiritual discernment and wisdom that he will's for you
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

thats prophecied in the bible to happen. The universal religon that everyone goes to heaven. No need to worry about trying to be righteous cus everyone goes to heaven anyways and hell does not exist. You are the perfect convertee to the harlott religon.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yes but i believe im right and you believe youre right...

neither of us can prove it beyond reasonable doubt so there we are...
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

its not for us to prove..

that's gonna be gods job.. and i sure hope god don't slap me a few times for all the bull shit i done.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

not yet. But when i die if God is real I have nothing to worry about. And if not i have nothing to worry about either. But if you die an there is a God...its too late to make your decision.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

That's assuming Islam isn't the right the correct religion. I'm not sure but I think in the scenario that Islam is right, Christians go to Hell. Not a very nice thought is it?

You're also denying the possibility that God is real but only allows atheists into Heaven because they did not believe in all the false gods in the world put here by evil religions to deceive us as a test to see if we were dumb enough to fall for them.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Wether or not any one religons correct having faith in one and living for that in the end is better than having faith in worldly knowledge and living according to my own self and desires.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

That's the thing, you see faith as the foundation of living. You think if you do not have faith in God that by definition you must have faith in something else. You think that if you don't believe in anything, that by definition Well, you must believe in 'nothing.' Haha I'm so smart with my word games as a Christian that I just got one up on you atheists didn't I? Haha."

Tell me, where does it say in the bible that God hath given all men faith and that they have to put that faith on something? Doesn't that go against the will of God's creation? I mean even you and LP like to attach the lie that it takes more faith to be an atheist than a believer to your supply of 'food.' Why? What is this blatant aversion to faith you appear to have? Do you view the thought of needing faith to believe in God as being negative, and by that you choose to try to hold atheists to it also? I'm really curious to see how you explain this.

Just give me your reasons for holding such a belief.
    test
  12. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

You know, if I believed in God today my hypothesis would be this: That faith is a gift from God. Some people have it. Some people don't. It is not necessary in all things, but it is necessary for God's children. Some other people may have faith in ungodly things, but not all things require faith, and not everybody walks by faith.

How is this wrong in your mind?
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

Its easy to do what i want to do. Live how i want to live an say well if God lets me go to hell hes a piece of shit, why give me freewill an condem me for it. But that aint what its about. Ive been in the place where the furthest thing from my mind was want to have to follow rules, from a book, written 2000 years ago. However after living your life for yourself for some time you realize that life isnt about that. Its about living for others, and once you start appreciating that mentality. You can appreciate living for something greater than yourself as well. An i never said you didnt believe in nothing. But as far as the faith to be a athiest thing what we mean by that is you got to have a lot of faith in your idea of the world to think there isnt anything out there greater than you or us. If there is no God its like being in a bus with no driver. Your at the mercy of the world an thats not a fun place to be seeing as though the world can be a cruel place an doesnt care about u. An ur putting your faith in
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

Your own worldviews an just hoping for the best. I dont have conserns that im making the wrong decision in my belief because the truth within my faith convinced me. An i look at death as the begining rather than the end.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Exactly, that's not what this is about so why are you going there? That's not even why I don't believe in God. I've already told you. STOP MAKING STUFF UP. I'M GETTING FRUSTRATED WITH THIS ALREADY. Read what I say, and respond as you are asked. God isn't fucking moving you to respond to me in this way. If he was, he'd at least get his facts straight and know why I stopped believing in him.

To be honest, I don't really give a shit. I fucking don't. In fact, may I just say that you are the one who doesn't want to have to follow rules from that fucking book. You deny the Old Testament, even where Jesus makes it clear that he has not come to abolish the law but fulfill it, and makes it even more clear that his view of the law is to increase what Moses laid out in some of those instances. For some reason, the fact that I don't believe in God makes you not give a fuck about anything I say. I'm fine with that. I'll just keep replying to you and if you don't read it somebody will.

I'll have you know I very well after being saved and hanging out at youth group for a couple years from third grade through fifth grade and not knowing nearly enough about God, after moving to the other side of town on the last day of school I moved on with my life also and didn't rely on rules... but at about 15 years of age I started to think a bit more, and by 16 I was pretty much on board turning my life around as best I could. I'm 25 now. I'm old enough to handle rules. Rules have nothing to do with me leaving the faith. I might be a bit of a rebel here and there, but that has never had any impact enough to cause me to lose faith. So just stop reading bullshit into what I write on here. You are not very good at deciphering this stuff. It's pretty sad that I've made some clear statements that you probably have not even looked into for yourself.

Maybe you should start to appreciate that mentality. Seeing as all you're ever doing is basing who I am off your own conjured stories of some sort of ass clown you think I must be. FUCK OFF WITH THAT. YOU FUCKING LISTEN AND LEARN. I'm more than a third of the way convinced you are a crazy charismatic twat-breath Pentecostalist who loves to fall down in front of crowds of people who then see it as a movement they want to be a part of because you all get to act life idiots together. I hope next time you try to fall back and have somebody catch you, that they move the fuck out of the way and you hit your head on the floor.

That's the fucking problem. You don't read... or you don't know how to read. One of the two. I'M SERIOUS YOU FUCKING LISTEN HERE AND LEARN SOMETHING. When I say that I don't believe in God it does not mean that I believe in naturalism, or materialism, or worldly things, or myself as some high power capable deciding all things for myself. It does not mean that I believe in science, or that I believe in the human mind, or that I am a humanist, or any such thing you may tag me as. It does not mean that I hold any dogma or doctrine to be true. It does not mean that I believe God is not real. It means none of those things. When I say I don't believe in God, it is an absence of believe - not a belief in something that is not God.

I'M WARNING YOU NOW, LISTEN CLOSELY - I don't need to have any faith in my idea of the world for any reason. Who says I think there isn't anything out there greater than me or us, but you? YOU SAID THAT. NOT ME. Perhaps you start living for others, and understanding others, like you would have me do. BUT YOU PROBABLY WON'T, WILL YOU? PROBABLY NOT. I FIGURE OF ALL PEOPLE, YOU WOULD HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THE GOLDEN RULE THAT JESUS TAUGHT. Oh wait... no, I don't figure that you - of all people - would have any respect for the golden rule taught by Jesus. You don't appear to respect much of what Jesus taught at all. I on the other hand do have respect for what Jesus taught, but sometimes, like right now... I just come to the realization that it all seems to be for naught.

Wow, great analogy there, sport. Is it also like being in an alien spaceship with no aliens? Or like bathing in a bathtub with no water? Maybe it's like sun-tanning on a beach with no sun. OR HEY - maybe it's like having a three legged race with two amputees from the waist down. LET ME EXPLAIN IT TO YOU AGAIN. I NEVER SAID THERE IS NO GOD. GOT IT?

WHO AM I KIDDING? NOBODY'S FOOLED HERE. YOU PROBABLY HAVEN'T GOT IT.

ACTUALLY, NO. MANY PEOPLE DO FIND THE WORLD TO BE A FUN PLACE, FOR THE MOST PART. Now, THAT'S NOT ME. I personally find the world to be pretty fucked up in a lot of ways, and yeah... I'm at the mercy of the world in some ways, but SO THE FUCK ARE YOU. DEAL WITH IT. DID GOD GIVE YOU THAT QUICK MILLION YET? NOT THAT THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD BE PRAYING FOR, BUT ANYWAY... YOU'RE AT THE FUCKING MERCY OF THE WORLD JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. FUCKING DEAL WITH IT. EVEN AS A CHRISTIAN YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS. BUT APPARENTLY YOU DON'T.

NO. I'M NOT FUCKING "PUTTING MY FAITH IN."

I COULD FUCKING DIE TOMORROW. SO THE FUCK COULD YOU. DEAL WITH IT.

AND YOUR RELIGION MIGHT NOT BE TRUE. CAN YOU DEAL WITH THAT? I DON'T THINK YOU CAN. BUT YOU COULD BECOME AN ATHEIST TOMORROW TOO. FOR SOME REASON I THINK THAT WOULD BE MUCH MORE HARDER FOR YOU TO HANDLE THAN GOING TO HELL.

NOW STOP DODGING MY QUESTIONS DICKBREATH.
    test
  16. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

no. I'm not putting my faith in my own worldview. How the fuck do you know if i even have a worldview or not? Oh i forgot. You are god and know everything. My bad. Sorry god. Forgive me?

Of course you don't have concerns that you are making the wrong decision because you are omnicient like god, right?

You know everything that is true, and everything that is false, and everything that is a lie, and everything that is an omission. You know it all. I commend you for such great power and knowledge.
    test
  17. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

So, I'm beginning to really fucking understand why some atheists are such fucking assholes to Christians.
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

Listen bro. That wasnt directed to you it was directed at your comment. But like i said before if your gunna wear the fuckin shoes dont go gettin sour about it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Oh so you were just ignoring my question then. You're willing to fucking talk your talk about living for others, and then you totally ignore my question. Wonderful.
    test
  20. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Because ignoring my question and dodging my question... those are completely different things.

Glad you cleared up that you were just directing it at my comment, and not at me.

But you could answer my question(s).
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.