Is it the end of American Muscle Cars???

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by DontH8me, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DontH8me

DontH8me New Member

My friends and I were having a argument about this. My friend and I are thinking that it is on the decline. Look at all the civics and integras and things of that nature you see all around. IT seems like rice cars are in and american muscle is out. Only think keeping them here is a few v8's. All in all, more 4 cyl cars coming out and 6cyl cars rivaling that of v8 power.

What do you think american muscle dead, or not close?
    test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

DEAD???

With the new Mustang GT coming out, the new GTO and whenever they come back out with the fucking camaro... I don't see how in the world they are dieing.

I will agree that 4cyl's are getting better. Shit Dodge created a monster FI 4cyl, that seems to be as fast as the new Mustang GT coming out. But I would never compare these two cars.

Anyway the so called american muscle is not dieing. Take a look at ford mustangs...they sell that shit with ease. Corvettes still an American performance champ and with the addition of the Viper you have a car that can run with almost every exotic car on the market for much less.

Personal preference is one thing...cause i am still not a big domestic person. But I give them credit where it is definitely due. AND what are rice cars.... japanese cars...how fucking retarded when idiots say that shit. Then if we say that all mustangs gts/ls1/lt1's are red-neck cars.
    test
  3. DontH8me

DontH8me New Member

Well still, you only named a few cars like I said that are keeping it alive. The new Mustang GT can't hold it up by itself.
    You even said it yourself, the new Neon is at about the same level performance wise as the mustang GT. Still the almighty V8 muscle is near death. More people are buying asian cars than american. Sooo slowly Muscle is coming to a death.
    test
  4. Tigre

Come on...give me a reason, and stop being repeditive. I gave you the reasons why they will not die. I named more than a few, and besides.....THEY ARE SELLING... thus the reason why they can't just die.

And again, yeah Srt4 does have about the same performance...as the 05 GT, but still the new GT is not out sooo i rather not be a magazine racer. Until they come out then we can have that discussion on performance level.

But anyway, the V8 muscle is not going to die, it will not die, it will never die. As long as they are cheap and what not they will sell. I might never buy one, but thousands of others will.
    test
  5. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

Yeah, people buy Civics, so what. Once a Civic roasts a Chevelle SS or a Trans Am, we'll talk...

American muscle ain't dead, its just the kids can't afford it. Don't bullshit, we'd all kill to have a Cobra and run 11's all day - or get your Viper and do the 0-60 in 4 seconds.. but we can't afford it.

It's cheaper to get your Civic to run 13's then to buy a 13 second US car.

I embrace the ricer attitude. It's just that my rice rocket really does kick ass. You don't fuck with Mitsu 3000GTs and get away with it... Japanese Muscle for ya.. When I'm done with it I'll be having 11's and be unfuckwitable from a roll. TT conversion my man.

... but having a Viper would still be hot
    test
  6. trifle

trifle New Member

As long as we have rednecks, muscle will stay alive (just kidding, was just playin off of tigre's post)....

I don't see american muscle cars going anywhere, tho the younger generation has moved more towards imports than muscle cars, which is a pretty big change, you're still gonna have a lot of the older guys, once our generation is that age who knows though....I think that there will still be a market for them, but a lot of domestic manufacturers will start having to make products that are similar to the imports in most aspects....

I see a shitload of Mustangs here in northern VA, what about you Ortiz? I'm sure you notice even more since you drive one....tigre? Don't see a lot of camaros cept the 4 cop cars they have here (green, purple, silver, reddish maroon)...word is there's gonna be a turbo civic that the cops are gonna have to crack down on street racing...we'll see...

anyways i'm getting off topic
    test
  7. Tigre

Yo..fucking too many damn mustangs... I hate seeing them to tell you the truth. I hate more mustang owners more than I do ricers. They fucking think they have the fastest car on the street. I love teaching them a lesson in what the hell is up. I know some real cool mustang owners, but alot are just plain dicks and fucking retarded.

Oh and for the street racing...the rumor is that they have a STi that will be a undercover cop :eek:
    test
  8. Tigre

Is your 3000 a vr4 or a SL... if you are adding TT to a SL then i can see it being a beast on a roll. Wait TT converison..ok so it must be like an SL...ok that will be nice...

Anyway i will have to disagree with the civic statement... If i buy a brand new civic and make it a 13 sec car...I have to swap, and build the motor, or go turbo...and then tune, tranny...and include the install price...and damn that is more than a Mustang GT or a SRT4 that can run 13s stock with a gooood driver. Also besides that 5.0's and LT1, LS1's are all pretty cheap used. Only car that will be hard to get is like a newer SS, WS6, or a Cobra...

Anyway besides that...yeah american muscle is here to stay... get used to it Donth8..cause they sure as fuck aren't dieing out.
    test
  9. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

Why convert a SL to a twin turbo?... *shakes head* go large single turbo ... you'll be better off... Tigre?
    test
  10. Tigre

maybe he doesnt want the lag????? I dont know.
    test
  11. TdotOG

TdotOG Deeez Sluts

I think the "traditional" muscle car is definately on the decline. That is, the lowish priced four door big block V-8 musclecar. Aside from the new GTO....I can't think of any that fit that description. The Mustang and Camaro were the pony-cars, and just sort of eased their way into being called musclecars. I'd say they could go either way, but, like I said, they aren't the "traditional" musclecar, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The Corvette and Viper are both 2 door, and are more along the lines of sports cars than musclecars.
    test
  12. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

Actually it's the base. The difference between the base and SL is leather, a few other options, and the big deal - 200 pounds.

Also, Kray, I'm doing a TT because my engine is basically a VR-4 engine without the TT and it's easier to get a TT designed for the VR-4 then trying to make a single turbo fit. I could be wrong, but from what I've learned, its cheaper, easier, and more HP
    test
  13. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

Yeah, I'd say there's a lot of Mustangs... for every 5 Civics I see, I see 4 Mustangs, so it's pretty close...

There's not a lot of Camaros, but there's a good few Corvettes (even the occasional Z06).
    test
  14. trifle

trifle New Member

yeah i definitely see more vettes than camaros....pretty strange, i went to high school in a country area and I'll be damned if you weren't overrun with mustangs and camaros, don't get me wrong, I love mustangs, it was just unreal as compared to here, though here you see a lot of late model ones and in Appomattox it was a good mix of late model and fox body....a lot more v6 stangs up here...
    test
  15. Tigre

Yeah true NoVA has a couple of quick ass 5.0's. My cousin got his ass handed to him by a cherry red 5.0. But yeah some real nice cars are out there. Some sleeper GT's with KB superchargers....
    Oh and a really loud ass 01 Mustang GT with exhaust, intake, Open headers....fucking sounds EVIL... but damn i walked the fuck out of his car... But definitely one of the nastiest sounding mustangs around that area.
    test
  16. OrtizDupri

My buddy drives a cherry red 5.0.... hmmmmm :)
    test
  17. Tigre

Oh forgot to mention the blow off valve...is that your boys car. IF it is, it was one sweet looking car. I was shocked when i heard that turbo.
    test
  18. trifle

trifle New Member

I've only seen a few nice 5.0s up here, haven't looked a lot though, I saw them a lot down in Southern Va, redneck central, had some pretty mean ones....

And yeah, stangs with open headers sound pretty fucking insane, my brother in law and I were messing around with his 93gt between removing the old exhaust and O2 sensors and replacing them.....the most fun was when we had it in his old shop which is basically a small concrete body shop, talk about resonance....

just read the part about the rumored STi cop car, that's freakin insane, you know your taxes are going to the wrong place when cops set up shit to catch people and have the money to buy multiple cars to do such...
    test
  19. Tigre

LOL u mean your VA tax dollars.
    test
  20. OrtizDupri

I'll have to ask him - he's a car guy, has one cherry red 5.0 modified, and another maroon Ford Explorer called the "Exploder" filled with subs and speakers and amps and shit... so it's possible he's got a turbo in his Mustang, I haven't been around him when he was driving it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.