Is it "mostly the voice that gets you up?"

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Konscious, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

How important is the voice of a man to you? Do most women still find deep voices sexy? Can deep voices be annoying? What about men with high-pitched, girly voices? Is that a turn-off/on? What if his voice is higher than yours? Does it even matter at all, as long as it's not too extreme?
    test
  2. LikeWise3001

LikeWise3001 I crush alot

girls love my phone voice...
    test
  3. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I will admit, I'm a sucker for a nice sounding voice. But I don't think I'd base my love for someone on their voice. I'd like to hope I wouldn't anyway.
    test
  4. I met this guy once who had an extremely high pitched voice. It was something that I had never heard b4. What made it quite funny is that he would always try and compensate for the high pitch by saying stuff like " I cant wait to get home and shag the missus", which sounded even more hillarious.
    test
  5. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

I've been told I have a sexy voice on a couple of occasions......somewhat deep but smooth.....
    test
  6. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

i had a gay public speaking teacher in the 10th grade, and the moment after i delivered my 1st speech he kinda paused with a smile, clasped his hands, put them right under his chin slightly to the side, turned the class, and asked "isn't his voice just so soothing?"

all the females in the class collectively went "mmmmhmmmm"

hahaha, i was blushing hard as hell
    test
  7. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

People used to say I sounded like CL Smooth.
    test
  8. LikeWise3001

LikeWise3001 I crush alot

on several occasions I got a random 'wrong number' call and they ended up starting a conversation with me....

its happened 3 times.

i've only met one because the other two wouldnt send me a picture over the cell so I stopped talkin to them.

conversation went like this...

"Hello?"

"is so and so there?"

"sorry you got the wrong number, this is my number"

"oh really, im sorry...."

*pause*

"well, who are you, you sound cute/sexy"

and then a convo starts...

I think having a good voice is something that will def get your foot in the door when u are first talking to a chick. other then that... i dunno...

it also works in bed. no lie.
    test
  9. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

he was one of the first guys where i had a specific appreciation for his voice. it's not super deep, but it has a raspy sorta quality to it. he has a smooth voice. he has like one of those night radio DJ voices. gosh i love it. everyonce in a while my man will turn on what i like to call "the sexy voice"... if he does that, it's a wrap. the panties is about to DROP lol
    test
  10. °®Mr. Wright©°

°®Mr. Wright©° Still Thuggish Ruggish

these females love my voice I always get the you have a sexy voice compliment.... especially over the phone
    test
  11. Dex P. LaMorte

Dex P. LaMorte New Member

I was told recently that I sound almost identical to the dude who does the voice for Max Payne.

I've been complimented but more along the lines of "you have the perfect voice for radio".
    test
  12. so basically this thread for turned into an outlet for people to brag about their voices lol

I dunno about mine. Maybe someone can vouch
    test
  13. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I think some deep voices are sexy, but on a scale of 1 - 10 on the importance scale (0 being the least important), I'd say it rates somewhere around 0 or 1.

Whiney voices are a turn-off... nasaly voices, too (Keith Sweat embodies both... *gag*).

As long as it isn't too high (Steve Urkel), I don't particularly care.
    test
  14. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^What about high like Shaun Alexander's?
    test
  15. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

voices aren't everything. but they're something. if my man sounded like a mouse, i just wouldn't call him on the phone as much. i'd have to text him, or email his ass lol.
    test
  16. who get more slack, men with high voices or women with deep voices?
    test
  17. ~S*T*A*R*M~

~S*T*A*R*M~ Goddess

I agree w/ tights (I feel you on the K. Sweat tip!). A deep voice is not that important, but I still find them sexy. It's always a welcomed surprise. Deep voices are only annoying to me when I can't understand what he's saying. Talking to a guy w/ a girly voice would be annoying at first, but I'd get used to it (esp. if things developed w/ dude). However, I do find them very distracting. I've known a guy for about 7 years and his voice is almost as high as mine. I'm totally used to his voice, but everyone few minutes, I always think "Damn.. he sounds like a girl." Sometimes, I don't even want to listen to what he's saying.

Anyway, for the most part, high-pitched voices are a no-no (yeah, I know they can't help it, but it's just not my preference). But yes, as long as it's not over the top, it wouldn't bother me that much.
    test
  18. ~S*T*A*R*M~

~S*T*A*R*M~ Goddess

Women w/ deep voices.
    test
  19. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

lol, stole the words from my mind almost verbatim

i wasn't intending to brag... telling a story that i felt may have been applicable to the question. it would have been interesting to take a poll of all those females asking how far my foot got in the door because of the voice

i liken my voice to a slightly higher-pitched tracy mcgrady but with better diction and a bit more southern drawl

a lot of times when i get through having a convo with a female, they'll have peacefully sleepy look in their eyes, a smile, and take a slow deep breath with their eyes closed and smile widening

aiight, now i'm bragging haha

it's not the voice itself, but it's how you use it and what you say... you have to acclimate the right rhythm and speech pattern to enhance its qualities
    test
  20. junio sixnine

junio sixnine hasta la victoria siempre

ive been told over and over that i have a sexy voice. one time i met this girl in a chat room and talked to her on the mic on AIM...i said "hello whats up" and then she was like "omg you just got me wet". true story.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.