Is Hip-Hop the least talented genre of music??

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by CRAM, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k.s.

k.s. .

I mean, yeah, he does alot of R&B type tracks and songs about bitches. But when he's really spitting about real shit... he portrays the rawest emotions lyrically and delivery-wise, and can still be mainstream enough for everybody to listen to.
    test
  2. double ML

double ML plekz = wannabe thought police

kanye west will not go down as influential
    test
  3. double ML

nah. he's corny as hell with weak rhymes and a feminine voice.
    test
  4. KnockT

KnockT Member

What? You're joking right? His production style was bit so hard for the longest time.
    test
  5. double ML

not really.

kanye makes a few nice beats, but there are so many other producers much more skilled

and he should never, ever touch a mic
    test
  6. CRAM

CRAM a.k.a. Ellis Nova

which means youve listened to Lady Gaga willingly, how do you know only her hits are good fool? hahahahaaahahhhhahahaa
    test
  7. KnockT

KnockT Member

Nobody is saying there isn't. But he had his own style completely jacked by every producer for a good amount of time. How is that not influential?
    test
  8. CRAM

CRAM a.k.a. Ellis Nova

what puts kanye near the top of most influential hip-hop artists is his ability to produce and rap (no, not sing) ....he's above average at both, but theres many producers much better than him and many rappers much better than him
    test
  9. k.s.

k.s. .

who do you usually listen to?
    test
  10. double ML

the mainstream blatantly mass producing what's "hot" at the moment is merely the fear of anything original and new and not a function of kanye being influential

mainstream music is so carbon copy and stagnant

and ain't nobody real influenced by kanye

only fake ass pop acts say shit like that
    test
  11. Turn My Swag On

Turn My Swag On Deion Sandals On My Toes

You must be fucking retarded. Youre on ignore for being so fucking stupid.
    test
  12. CRAM

CRAM a.k.a. Ellis Nova

thank you, lol, u clearly dont know what you're talking about so please do that
    test
  13. CRAM

CRAM a.k.a. Ellis Nova

u do know u said "only Lady Gaga's hits are good" which means you've somehow heard the rest of her songs, and if they aren't on the radio that means you chose to listen to her other songs and decided you didn't like them...the fact that u call me retarded is amusing and putting me on ignore is just you not allowing me to prove you wrong once again in the future, fuckin idiot, lol
    test
  14. L7 - LMV - L7

L7 - LMV - L7 The Fat Cat

musically, overall, rap lacks a lot of shit that most traditional genres have. I'd say it's a lot harder to to compose a symphony or play in a rock band than it is to spit 16 bars, or loop a beat with a sample for 3 minutes.

But just because it can't really compare to the older genres doesn't really make it any easier. Not everyone can rap, the internet is living proof of that shit, you want to torture someone have them listen to soundclick rappers all day, they would probably kill themselves within 2 hours.

Writing a nice verse while having a dope flow does in fact take talent, but a lot of the naysayers will disagree. Rap as a whole is a pretty despised genre.
    test
  15. k.s.

k.s. .

What CRAM means is that on the mainstream level... there are more untalented but famous artists (such as Soulja Boy, D4L, Waka, etc) in the HipHop genre than there are in other genres. Those guys are famous basically for picking a catchy beat, writing a catchy chant for the hook, and looking cool for the young audience.

In other genres, it is not as easy to become famous by doing so. In pop/rock/jazz/country etc, you actually have to have vocal talent to sing and sound good, you couldn't base your craft off a catchy chant/hook or a new dance move. Therefore, it seems like HipHop requires less talent than other genres to be successful.

However, that doesn't take away from the actual talented artists such as JCole, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Kanye, etc. Those are artists who write excellent, descriptive, meaningful, touching lyrics that can have a true meaning for people to relate to. Addition to their lyrics, those are artists that can flow to the music/beat with a good style, which takes tremendous talent. Delivery of a rap verse is alot harder than you think, it's not just reciting something, pronunciation, breath control, and portraying emotion in your recording takes years to master.
    test
  16. double ML

why doesn't ks mention real hip hop artists?

such as canibus, ras kass, vakill, EL-P, copywrite, crooked i, vinnie paz, etc?

you a slave to viacom yo
    test
  17. k.s.

k.s. .

I fuck with Rassy, Crooked, Copy, and Vakill. I used to bump their old shit all the time.. but how long can you bump the same tapes over and over again? I'm naming mainstream artists that are dope... and yes, the artists that I name > the ones you named. Everybody on this site will agree. You be the backpacker's fanboy all you want, however, no one will be agreeing with you.

Dope mainstream artists > dope underground artists.
    test
  18. L7 - LMV - L7

L7 - LMV - L7 The Fat Cat

Isn't that sort of a ridiculous claim? I mean what is a mainstream artist, it's just an underground artist who got famous, no?
    test
  19. k.s.

k.s. .

Yes, but that's my opinion and most likely is the rest of this site's opinion as well. You pick the top 5 mainstream rappers and the top 5 underground rappers. 90% will say favor in the mainstream artists. Because they make music that is more enjoyable, period. Which is probably why they are famous?

Yes, there are many many famous rappers that are wack and untalented. But, we're not talking about them in this specific situation. I'm talking about the top 5 mainstream rappers right now, make it top 10 if you like. The majority will favor the mainstream artists, bet.
    test
  20. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

Nah, I know less ppl who can rap than sing.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.