Is ganja REALLY a gateway drug?

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by PasswurdzISS, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PasswurdzISS

PasswurdzISS New Member

I just wanted to hear people's thoughts. I know you've heard people say it, but I wanna know what peeps here think.

Also, if people think weed's addictive. It's weird, I never thought it was, but my homie just got outta rehab for weed. I think some people become codependent on weed and become mentally and emotionally addicted, but I don't think there's anything in it to make you physically addicted. I mean, I've been smokin for a while now, and I've never felt like I needed weed. Anyway, I'll just stop here. What do folks think? Thanks yall, peace
    test
  2. Mega Mayn

Mega Mayn Is Everybody In?

depends on the person and how they react to things

Sometimes weed is enough high for them, but for others, they need something stronger
    test
  3. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

Yup...it's a gateway drg in the sense it's the first drg you do when you enter the drug gateway....

But then woldn't cigarettes be gateway drugs? tobacco is a drug and is USUALY the first drug a child uses or alcohol because it's in most households...

Now is weed addictive? mentally yes, not much though.....it all comes down to the person....if the person in question has a weak mind or has no self disciplin well then i feel that person never shold've been smoking in the first place...

Smokin bud, in my opinion, shouldn't be smoked habitually by some people...

But yeh...the whole gateway drug thing is bs really......saying potheads turn into crackheads...shit if you trn into a crackhead or hardcore druggy, you were going to turn out that way without the weed....which goes back to personality....

Also i'd like to add that some of my friends ONLY smoke weed....don't drink or smoke cigs, or drink coffee.....no other drugs....

It's all up to the person....
    test
  4. jaxamar

jaxamar UnVeiling Truth...

^^ werd.. its a gateway drug if u have the type of personality to always chase a better high.. i started with weed but quickly moved to coke, pcp, acid before settling on a crystal meth addiction....

but theres those cats that just like to smoke weed and thats all they want..

BTW i been clean off meth for 4 months
    test
  5. the Guy with a Pen

the Guy with a Pen a Svan Production

I've been smoking for 6 years now,

the only thing that has inspired me to try harder drugs are alcohol and other friends.

I agree with the people above.... it depends on the person.
    test
  6. V E R B

V E R B Guest

i think it is...
    test
  7. Dank

Dank d . a . n . k

yes. i would've never bumped an oxy, rolled on some xtc, dropped acid, done lines coke, ate shrooms and peyote, bumped percocets, stuck almost anything imaginable up my nose if i hadn't smoked pot first. i did smoke cigs like a week before i started smoking pot. some people can stick to pot, i experimented with shit, and the shit that got me fucked up to the point where i got raided and had to go rehab was oxy and coke.
    test
  8. CommonenemY

CommonenemY locomokopokeyohoehoe

every drug that is addictive is addictive MENTALLY...the only physical part is withdrawls....

ive seen people get headaches if they didnt smoke....

it all comes down to if you are MENTALLY strong enough to overcome the urge...

even people that are no longer dependent on a drug still get the urge to do it...

the "urge" is always MENTAL...

question for dunpeal....do you smoke everyday??

nah the majority of people that go to harder drugs wouldnt have ended up there if they had not smoked weed first....

weed introduced you into what getting high was....not drunk...but a type of high and there all kinds of highs...uppers downers hallucinagins dopamine this seratonin that.....

curiosity does the rest......weeds always usually the first thing because its almost legal and has the least reprucussions from little or major use...

i mean look at cigarettes.....cigarettes are pointless.....how long does you little nicotine buzz actually last before you need another cig???

cracky tabacky anyone??

weeds the most innocent drug there is.....yea some people do other drugs first but if you look at statistics look where the majority of heavy users of the harder drugs started....

personality has a lot to do with it too like you said....if your smart enough to know what your getting into you want try other things or if you do youll be strong enough to stop.....

yea a lot of people only smoke weed and thats it....

but numbers dont lie....ask anyone coming out of rehab what drug they started with and the majority will say weed.....
    test
  9. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

?I smoke weed everyday yes...

But it's the friends who introduce the drg and lead example.....i know first hand son.....
    test
  10. CommonenemY

so you do smoke everyday...

"if the person in question has a weak mind or has no self disciplin "

in your own words you described yourself...

im not knocking you or nothing but dont be a hypocrite....

"But it's the friends who introduce the drg and lead example.....i know first hand son....."

son??

alright buddy....youve only smoked weed??

it is the friends at times but sometimes its a movie a song a book.....CURIOSITY...

like i already said....

people that dont do drugs at all are way way way way less likely to try a harder drug before they have smoked weed....

you say its the friends and their example....

so you saying that the majority of people start off doing some coke or some heroin or some crank before they smoke weed??

care to explain since you know "first hand"...
    test
  11. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

Man your dumb..........actally i se to be a pcp head :thumb:

and i didn't say smokin everyday was bad wtf....read my words...i said its pitiful people cant stop themselves from smoking if they need to...i can smoke all i want
    test
  12. CommonenemY

no you missed the point completly...

you shouldnt talk about self discipline and being weak minded when you are just as weak and undisciplined....

you said it yourself.....you smoke everyday....

ok you used to be a pcp head.....thats the drug you started with?
    test
  13. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

Dog....how am i undisciplined? there's no reason i need to cut down on smoking...there's no reason for me to stop or not smoke as much....

wtf are you on about man? seesh...

You obviosly smoked retarded...

and no i started with cigarettes, but i don't smoke them shits....i don't like bein addicted to anything....so i'll stay away from the addicitive shit.
    test
  14. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

It really does depend on the person. Personally, I'm in my drug experiment stage, and have been there for many years.

It's an interesting thing.
    test
  15. ESCO-BarZ

ESCO-BarZ New Member

naah I dont think so..ive been smokin uhm...4-5 years or sth...and never did hard drugs...depends on the person..I know dudes that live like redman in how high man....high all fucking day...
    test
  16. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

I think so. I've only been getting high on the reg for a month or so, but now I'm trying to find shrooms, acid, and pcp.
    test
  17. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

That would constitute you as a druggy...

Weed aint got nothin to do with that....your need for a high or different mindstate is what is making you want that shit.
    test
  18. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

I'm not a druggie cuz I don't do that shit yet. I still smoke daily though...
    test
  19. MiC DonE12

MiC DonE12 Should i give a Fuck?

wannabe....
    test
  20. Dj Streetsz

Dj Streetsz New Member

Its already been said - it all depends on the person

i smoke trees everyday, and ive been smokin herb heavy for the last like 3 1/2 years and the thought of doin another drug doesnt even cross my mind, weed is enough - all that other shit just doesnt appeal to me
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.