Is dr manhattan the most powerful superhero?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by drewthetruth, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Nosyrag

1Nosyrag Member

Batman used theoretical physics to interconnect a time traveling bullet, some I'm sure that falls in line somewhere lol.
    test
  2. Static Legacy

Static Legacy 3 times of a lotta shit

How would you beat Dr. Manhatten if you're Batman, you can't shot him or hit him with a fucking batarang. Batman is a great comic superhero, but he isn't fucking with those matter manipulating/cosmic energy/radioactive muthafucka's/magic using/superhuman dudes. Dr. Manhatten beats pretty much everyone.

Here's my list of superheros who could beat him:
    Franklin Richards
    Black Bolt
    Captain Marvel
    Martian Manhunter
    Silver Surfer
    Thor
    Firestorm
    Superman
    Captain Atom (Dr. Manhattan is based on him though)
    test
  3. You are mad

You are mad Ur so angry

pretty sure he's beaten superman(under certain circumstances, but still), he's beaten spawn too...Half of those kids would get eaten by spawn. Again he knows so many super heroes weaknesses, it's not even funny. He's done everything from fight kids in space suites with equivalent power to superman, to fucking utilizing time and space. He's a genius, rich, master of multiple forms of martial arts, crafty, and well connected even outside of earth.

I mean honestly, most of those dudes wouldn't stand a chance against slade wilson, and batman has beat him at least once. Plus didn't batman beat bane the second time around? He's not to be underestimated. I will give you silver surfer cuz I don't think psi weapons work on him. Give batman 1 month prep time to find a good hiding place.
    test
  4. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

disagree with firestorm and captain atom.

also disagree with superman.

solid list otherwise.
    test
  5. Eyerate

this batman argument is becoming very interesting..

i think we're taking a lot of liberties with what he is and isnt capable of, but then again so do the DC writers on a pretty regular basis.

i gotta go dig through my crates and see if i can find my batman vs judge dredd where they manipulate green lanterns powers to shape a cosmic death tournament.
    test
  6. BITmafakka

BITmafakka GS palmin' the m1 garand

this whole batman shit is really wierd to me, like is he really that overpowered?

I was more of a spiderman guy
    test
  7. RollWithEm

RollWithEm G.O.A.T.

Taking similar arguments into consideration, I would take Reed Richards over Batman. He's an even greater genius, he's also rich, he's even more connected outside of earth, he has an equal or better track record of defeating powerful space beings in battle, and what he may lack in martial arts skill and overall "craftiness" he more than makes up for by actually having a super power.
    test
  8. Eyerate

reed was never a solo superpower. he always relied on the group as a whole. if F4 was put into the ring as a whole you might have a pretty decent argument.
    test
  9. You are mad

You are mad Ur so angry

Well, It's debatable whether or not he's smarter. Bruce is an incredible business man as mentioned many times in the comics. The dude has out smarted lex, who is undoubtedly one of the most intelligent characters in the comic book universe. Also his super power becomes a disadvantage in a lot of situations. I think I'd rather have the batman tbqh, I feel like he's better with prep and combat. But word, reed aint no slouch dudes a beast.

[​IMG]
    test
  10. RollWithEm

RollWithEm G.O.A.T.

Just because he was surrounded by talent doesn't mean he couldn't succeed alone.
    test
  11. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

iv seen superman kill batman

holy shit @ green batman
    test
  12. Eyerate

sure.. he probably could do some work solo. but the fact remains that he traditionally HASNT. we can extrapolate all we like, because thats really all this is.. but we havto at least stay as true as we can to canon.
    test
  13. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

is this debate seriously serial.

lmao the nerds are out today....:funny:
    test
  14. You are mad

You are mad Ur so angry

Nahhhh batman is as street as it gets. You think these rappers are gangsta?

[​IMG]

Deadpool would fuck math hoffa up son, know dat.
    test
  15. GORLAB_OG

GORLAB_OG Chi Ali when da funds low

Dr. Doom's magic game is fuckin with everybody in every comic universe. Doom's wizardry > Super scientifical atom rearrangement > adolescent kid with psychic ability.

Watchmen is fucking dope though. Read the GN. Walter Kovacs > *
    test
  16. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

doom is the master of deception
    test
  17. Static Legacy

Static Legacy 3 times of a lotta shit

The point is Dr. Manhattan vaporizes Batman's bitch ass.
    test
  18. Eyerate

this might be the dumbest post in this entire thread.. doom would get bodied(and has been) by the mid tier in this debate.
    test
  19. Eyerate

it becomes a little more difficult when you take into account the fact that adrian veidt circumvented manhattans precognition..

batman has just as if not more resources at his disposal than veidt did. also, DC writers are notoriously bat friendly when it comes to getting creative with physics/gadgets/luck.

at the end of the day, if DC wrote the story batman would body manhattan with some crazy alien tech gadget or he'd enlist galactus via some weird ass diplomacy to body him. of course in anyone elses universe batman would get vaporized immediately.
    test
  20. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

WOW....geekfest in full force lmao

BTW Watchmen was a terrible fucking movie....from a non-comic book nerd it was poorly developed, the characters were shit as fuck and it was hard to follow, Im sure for a nerd who knows the whole subplots and that they got it

But since we on the topic: Shang Chi

[​IMG]

PEACE
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.