Is Assasins Creed still worth buying, because the media hype seems to be cooling...

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Look im Gangsta, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

...I can't be asked to read the actual articles, but in the magazines I get I've noticed that AC seems to have gone down in estimation?

What changed? Is a demo out or something?

Also, I noticed they actually like that EA Two man crap.
    test
  2. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

Its still worth buying. Its just that its "gaming season" and the attention is spread all around to many different games rather than just a few.
    test
  3. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

good, i've been anticipating it for fucking ages

i dont need another pro evo
    test
  4. Cane

Cane New Member

if it's anything like the e3 demo i'll pass. ubisoft i'm worried is turning into ea junior, with games that are hyped because of how they look, and all play the same.
    test
  5. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

test
  6. Cane

Cane New Member

next gen gameplay? would that explain the clipping, invisible walls and poor ai? cause i saw alot of bodies hanging halfway off of rooftops on invisible floors and townsfolk who didn't seem to notice a grown man crash into a wheelbarrow full of hay three feet to their left.
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You are retarded. All that has been fixed. If you watched the video's it was addressed. Why are people on this site so fucking retarded. You're looking at old footage anyway.
    test
  8. Cane

Cane New Member

you called me retarded twice because i pointed out things i saw in an e3 demo. fuckin for real man, attend anger management.

i watched the video and honestly, it does look cool and i hope it does cause i'll never complain about being entertained, but it doesn't look as good as the hype is making it out to be. it just looks like another action game. i saw nothing that looked like next-gen gameplay, if such a thing can even be substantiated. just, you can do things one way, or another. and people notice you when you act strange. i hate to sound like a pessimist but wasn't most of this stuff in fable? or some other game? i'm not seeing anything mind blowing. fun looking game but it doesn't make me want to drop everything i'm doing and beat off to it's awesomeness.

and i don't know the clipping and bad ai is fixed, they didn't show any situations where i'd be able to see they fixed it.

alot of games have been sold on the "freedom" multiple choice shit because we're still waiting for a game to really give us the sandbox freedom to see consequences of our choices and be free to accomplish a goal multiple ways but most everytime it's turned out that these choices are very black and white, very stationary and produce either similar results, or two/three main sets of consequences, all predictable and none have any real substantial effect. this i hate to say may be another game that falls into that mold. when i saw them explain how you can cross a guarded gate, they made it sound like you had a million ways to cross it and the world was your oyster but really, there's probably not going to be that many ways and they're exaggerating the "freedom" angle like alot of games. fable, kotor, etc. not that they're bad at all. people are just getting a little tired of freedom i think after gta and elder scrolls. they want to see an organic world that reacts to your choices. i still think it's a cool gameplay mechanic but not nearly as cool as the hype makes it sound.

and if that pr girl says like one more time she might have to find a new job
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I don't recall that. However, here you are being a bit of a retard. If you just listen to what they say you wouldn't repeat yourself. Don't be annoying just listen before you speak some times.

It's an old DEMO, retard. Nothing on the market beside mass effect, cod4, is touching this game. The problem is you don't sound like a pessimist at this point. You sound like a retard. Everything from the fighting system, intelligent AI, the massive crowds with you or against you, people throwing rocks, blending in with crowd for social-stealth, to how the controls work like a dummy, to how you interact within the flower box not sand box enviroment, to the RPG/Adventure elements, graphics, free-running, slashing motherfuckers down like atta the hun from your horse, make it all next gen gameplay. To say you see no next-gen game play in AC is just fucking insane. It's a pretty mind blowing game actually.

They said in the video they are perfectionist and every bug has been fixed.
    People who have played the game have noted there is no clipping and the
    AI is intelligent. You're making redundant unnecessary arguements that make
    no sense. Stop arguing to argue. Nothing I hate worse than a moron who
    argues just to argue. Your opinion is old and worthless.

There is only one ending to this game it is not bioshock. This is not one of those games like fable, kotor, crackdown etc... It can't really be compared to anything gameplay wise is how the gamers at the conventions are explaining it. Yes, the concepts from those other games are similar, but the way the game play is in AC it's unique. This game is going to be a triology by the way that has futuristic depth to it. You can play the game however you want, attack from any angle you want. You're theorizing on what could not be retardedly because you haven't played the game yet. I say how do you know it's exaggerated? What I don't understand about people like you is WHY after I've already heard the concerns and you know I've heard the concerns do you not shut the fuck up and wait until you've played the actual fucking game ? Then feel free to give your opinion.

I don't need anger management either what I need is for dumb fuckers to stop arguing over redundant shit that has either A.) been cleared up B.) can't be known by either party personally yet. and C.) has been explained by Gamers, meaning those who have actually played AC at the conventions, as mind blowing and game play wise very unique. If you worked for ubisoft I might be concerned.
    test
  10. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

lol .. I'm not reading either of those posts .. but lol @ you 2 constantly quoting and breaking down each others opinions ..

I'm touting it around as a xmas prezzie idea to fam Malo .. looks good .. but I'm in no rush to get it ..

I'm ready to wee myself with the anticipation of Need For Speed : Pro Street though ..

[kat]
    test
  11. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Assassin's Creed could spell good or bad news for Ubisoft. If this "blending in to the crowd" thing isn't a hit with videogame fans...then guess what? The new Splinter cell is doomed before launch. I don't know how Assassin's Creed will be...I will give it a rent at best. It just looks too complicated to me. The graphics are catchy..but..i just hope the learning curve isn't steep. I'll rent it on gamefly though.
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Learning complicated things is what we should be doing as humans.
    The fun of c.omplexity is figuring it out inorder to make it simple.
    This is how technology and ideas spread throughout historics.
    This is evolution, you are now enlightend, those who can't figure out
    those simplest reductions from the complexed do not survive.
    They are subjected to SSI, group homes, until the day they die.

If you think about what they've said you'll realize it's less complicated then pressing a million different button combinations. AC is new like fire to a caveman for the first time so naturally you primates are sus.picious of it. If You have basic motor skills I think you'll be ok to play. It's not like AC is roulette and you have a million dollars riding on 21 black. It's a game and you will play this game whenever you get it.
    test
  13. Cane

Cane New Member

after long enough you learn to not listen to pr people unless they give you visual reasons to.

lol oh god. i'm not even going to read further. after a few more years you'll stop falling for pr fluff. come back then, k? i don't need this because i pointed out valid complaints and didn't see proof any of it had been fixed, and neither did you, yet i'm a retard. ok bud. you're not debating, you're protesting. you haven't even played this and you're calling people retarded for pointing out facual faults it had at e3. i just feel bad you're listening to them like a lemming. i mean i guess we all went through that phase but man you really believed every word she said. she gets paid to lie to you. it's just you're like, 24 man, don't buy their shit. play it and judge. but i think you've made up your mind already.

oh, and what the fuck is next gen gameplay? that's a marketing term you just fell right for. what does that even mean?
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Pr fluff? You mean actual gamers who have played AC are now pr fluff?
    You mean the most recent footage from Pax, TGS, and the 8 min demo, don't prove the bugs you saw in the old E3 demo fixed? Now you're going with the argument AC something you've never played couldn't possibally had been debugged since the E3 demo though GAMERS like you and I who have played it said those bugs were fixed. If gamers are saying this and I have seen other recent demos without those bugs, I have to conclude, you're being a bit of a fucking retard who is arguing out of ignorance. Also I'm Considering the fact, You're going by old E3 demos which have been debugged since the pax/tgs/ and 8 min videos. You're point doesn't stand according to gamers who have practically played the final version of it not to mention once again I've watched the most recent pax/tgs/and 8 min videos which confirm those Bugs fixed.

There is nothing to debate like I said. You are just claiming propaganda PR based on a past expirence where you got burned on a game. And I am claiming people who have played the game not to mention yet again the more recent demos i've watched not only say other wise but also prove your speculations old and fallacious. I think it is stupid to bash an awesome game based on old bugs that have been fixed since the E3demo before you've even actually played AC. I'm just bring the known new facts to your displeased retrospective attention.

No I didn't. The game is obviously levels above any other game I've seen.
    So If the label fits the label fits. Would I call hitman bloody money a next gen game, no. Because the label doesn't fit the game. Would I call mass effect a next gen game, yes. because the label fits.
    test
  15. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Yea, I agree that people should learn complicated things. But, you have to understand that when most people play videogames...they are looking for instant fun...they want to pick up and play a game. Most of these so called next-gen games are literally a curve. You have to first figure out the complicated control schemes...then figure out how to evade your enemy..then FINALLY..the frustration goes away and you start to enjoy the game. Rainbow 6 vegas is a perfect example of this. I usually have to be in the mood to play those types of games...usually when I have some patience and time. I guess age does something to you...I'm just not as patient with this stuff anymore. I just want to turn a game on....I want the learning curve to be on a normal level..and I just want to be able to have instant fun for about 15 minutes or so. I'll give the game a rent...but I do recognize that it is an Ubisoft game and Ubisoft games are notoriously difficult with very steep..frustrating learning curves. So, we'll see. I never follow the hype for any game..I just play it and make my decision from there.
    test
  16. Cane

Cane New Member

we're talking about a video. i hope you're talking about actual people who've played it and not listening to a video diary

so the question remains-what the fuck is next-gen gameplay?

it's just a pr term. lol@next gen gameplay. what can assasins creed do that a game on an xbox couldn't do?

like i said, you're protesting, not debating. which is why i just skipped the boring middle part of your reply. i just don't have the energy to read pointless brain washed opinions. if you really want to me, i will, but until then fuck it. one day you'll realize how stupid you're being.
    test
  17. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

this is levels above anything menaz?

quote me: uncharted will be better
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

The designers said all the issues in the demo had allready been fixed in the current build.......

you cant judge a game based of an unplayable stage demo months before release about things like framerate and clipping issues....

well all i gotta say is, they made prince of persia those games were dope.....so i'd give this one a chance, they gotta good track record

and uncharted drakes fortune's controls look very clunky to me.....really hard to do the platforming....assasins creed looks way more intuitive

exited about both games though
    test
  19. Cane

Cane New Member

i'm not judging it based off of the videos i saw at e3. i just pointed out what i saw. then pointed out what i saw in the videos posted in this topic. and said the game didn't look like the aids-curing super brilliant megaawesomefest some people are saying it is.
    test
  20. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

oursin....ive played uncharted....the controls are literally perfect for it
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.