Is anyone still on Shogun's war wagon?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I mean seriously? It is blatant that he juiced in pride. He was known for his conditioning and now he is gassing in the first round of his fights. Conditioning is more than just cardio, it is also muscle endurance which is greatly aided by roids. SMH @ Shogun...disgusting.
    test
  2. He has been out for a year and a half.. Im hoping it was just cage rust..
    test
  3. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I've never been the biggest Shogun fan, but I always recognized that he was pretty good.

It could just be a poor regimen, but I think you're not giving enough credit to Coleman. He's a big, strong wrestler that had to work hard to get to LHW. I think many people would get worn out being taken down by him, especially at this division.
    test
  4. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

im very much off the Shogun warwagon. I also think its very clear he was juicing. i try and not believe it but he looks nothing like the Shogun of Pride and that even goes down to his build.
    test
  5. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

cage rust, surgery, the move to vegas, the adjusting to the cage, adjusting to ufc rules, who knows. he has been looking pretty weak recently. i think its a lot harder for some pride guys to come over to ufc than others.
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I was so angry he didn't finish the omoplata @ the end of the second. Coleman obviously had no sub defense aside from muscling through and he didn't even know to post his leg and reach for it or tuck it inside his body. All Rua had to do was sit up. I didn't understand that shit 'n was frustrated as fuck!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

yeah i don't know what was up with that. it looked like he didn't want to finish him with the omo for some reason. coleman looked far too gassed to try to escape and was probably using it to base, catch a breather, and hope shogun didn't finish
    test
  8. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

shogun sucks. he got owned by forrest, and if the ref didnt stop that fight he would of lost a decision to coleman. anyone else agree it was a bad stoppage? when coleman went down he went to grab shoguns foot and weather the damage he was taking and also gain back his composure. the ref should of given him another 5-10 secs to see what he was gonna do. you can clearly see that while the ref stepped in coleman shot for that leg. if you remember in round 1 coleman was taking some damage and did the same exact thing by grabbing shoguns foot and not letting him do anything to him. those 2 have to fight again cuz both fights have been sick and there needs to be a rubber match
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

You thought that fight was sick? WTF? I thought Coleman looked incredible bad outside of a few takedowns and jabs. He was missing almost every hook. Rua destroyed his legs w/ kicks and was gassed as fuck. Aside from the first round, I honestly didn't enjoy the fight. Well, I liked when Rua started the omoplata and actually was at the point to end it but just got even more disappointed when he couldn't.

I didn't disagree w/ the stoppage @ all.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

i dunno i guess both guys looked physically gassed, but at the same time they kept goin at it at a solid pace because of nothing but straight heart and adrenaline and i respect the hell outta that. i said a corny joke during the fight that actually got a pretty loud pop from my friends. "colemans body may be a H2, but his heart is a hybrid". sometimes the sloppy swing for the fences power hooks can be pretty damn entertaining, esp coming for a 44 year old warrior who happens to be one of my favorite fighters of all time. i dunno i was watching the fights with like 8 of my good friends who all know just as much as i do about fighting if not more, and that fight by far got the most attention and had us off the edge of the seats. even our girlfriends that attended were into that fight, yelling, and all excited
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

That fight he had last night was the worst fight ive seen in UFC in the last 10 years

They both looked like complete ass

shogun looked like absolute shit, he used to be a monster, remember when he won that Grand Prix?

wtf happened

he sucks ass
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

i don't think complete ass but i do agree it was bad. i like the first round. then it sucked. Rua's cardio was terrible. His stand up looked solid.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  13. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Yeah, first round Shogun looked pretty good but not great imo. If he doesn't get some cardio though, he's going to be a victim of washed up Liddell and then probably Rampage before leaving UFC.

Was anybody else half expecting some soccer kicks during that fight? I know Shogun was itching to throw one once or twice.

I also agree that it was bad stoppage. Especially considering Shogun appeared to be in no shape to finish. Most likely he would've walked over to throw some weak punches, and got taken down.
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

you beat me too it...i was about to make a thread asking why shogun sucks.....

give it up to coleman? Dude looked horrible too.......apperantly he was 20% for takedown attempts in his last 5 fights......compared to the 70% ratio he had before then....yet he took shogun down the first 30 sec's.....

just like the forrest fight, he'll come up withs ome excuse, blaim it on his surgery this time....

blah.....

put him in the cage with page with out the roids, 1st round KO like his boy silva....

bet

chuck is even gonna knock him out
    test
  15. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I love how easily people toss around the steroid accusations, like Ninja didn't get his ass whooped left and right in pride.

like chute boxe guys didn't beat steroid users.

like Wanderlei's losing streak didn't start in PRIDE.
    test
  16. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Shogun's cardio will be better next fight. Watch.
    test
  17. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Using steriods dosn't make you invincible.....

and nobody is saying their opponents weren't juicing either.......

look at the guy...wtf.....

either that or he passed his prime early, dukes what 27? he should be beasting niggas....
    test
  18. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

well no shit dumb ass, his cardio couldn't be any worse than it was against Coleman
    test
  19. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

lol yeah like that kid above me said, its not like his cardio can get any worse...

it better be improved for his sake lol

he looked like an idiot
    test
  20. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Duh.

But it could be the same, you dunce. I was saying it wouldn't be.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.