Is anyone picking ghost over money may?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by DethStryque, Apr 20, 2013.

1. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I literally don't know of anyone outside of Ghost's camp who genuinely thinks that Ghost will win. I know of boxers who are getting media attention by picking Ghost...but knowledgeable objective boxing people who truly believe Ghost will win?

Never seen one of those.

So speak up.

I got my Money on Mayweather. To me, Ghost is a tailor made fighter for Floyd...straight ahead pressure fighter, not really fleet of foot. Defensively questionable. Heart out the wazoo. I say Floyd by dominant boxing clinic decision.
    test
  2. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

is anyone picking ANYONE over mayweather? lol

I wouldn't say he is tailor made for mayweather I actually think its the best match up for him. somebody that is willing to take a punch to get inside on him, someone who wont try to outbox him, and will rough him up.

too often people will try to box mayweather and end up a sitting duck for his attack. as long as he doesn't run in there all stupid like hatton did, he should at least win a few rounds, make the fight exciting.

I always thought margarito would be his worst nightmare if they ever actually fought. make it an ugly fight, the only way to attempt to beat him
    test
  3. DethStryque

I am not gonna front, man. I thought Sugar Shane would give Floyd his toughest test. In one way, he did exactly that.

I thought Cotto was a good test, and I knew Judah would be a good test. Floyd hasn't fought any easy competition...unlike others we can name.

I don't see Ghost giving Floyd any real challenges. He's not defensively savvy enough, he's too hittable [ Berto regularly landed on Ghost ], he's flat footed, and his giant heart, pressure fighting style, reliable chin, solid punching and "rough em up" style are things that Floyd has seen and bested regularly...from guys at least as talented if not significantly more talented than Ghost.

People forget that Oscar and Jose Luis Castillo fought the very best pressure fighting game ever thrown at Floyd. They are both better [ in their prime ] than Ghost ever was.

Ghost will be going for it from bell to bell. That kid doesn't know how to quit. But he will learn what it's like to get a boxing clinic put on him from rounds 4 on upward.

Money May, unanimous decision, winning no less than 9 rounds.
    test
  4. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

well he did best those pressure fighters but they gave him a hell of a fight. he only beat de la hoya by split decision and Castillo barely I forget what the scores where.

nobody beats Floyd by boxing him, which is why I thought cotto and shane had no chance from the start. guerrero's willingness to take a punch actually gives him a chance, not that its a very good chance at all.

I think it will be a better fight than you seem to think. especially in the later rounds, I expect Floyd to dominate the first half of the fight
    test
  5. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

Guerrero got the heart and southpaw stance, but ya he lacks the physical tools. May will put on a clinic for sure.

I agree with '08 Marg having the best chance to beat him, maybe Paul Williams from then, too. Only person I'd put money on to beat Money is Tim Bradley. He's (usually) smart, swarming style with good footwork, a jab, and body punching.
    test
  6. DethStryque

It's a major mistake to give Floyd the first half of the fight, because by then he has tactically taken you out of the game. There is literally no catching him.

To me? Zab Judah gave Floyd his toughest fight. He was actually leading Floyd for awhile there, becoming the first and only fighter to grab and for a span of three rounds keep a lead on Floyd. But Floyd slowly systematically broke him down, and caught him then dominated him in the later rounds.

Guerrero doesn't have the boxing acumen to do such a thing. He lacks the intelligent, quick, smooth footwork to track down and box in Floyd.

JLC was by far the most successful Mexican fighter against Floyd...and Floyd ran a clinic on him in their rematch. No suspense whatsoever.

The fight with ODLH was a good fight but when ODLH began to tire and fade in round 7-8 he holstered his jab, and with that tactical mistake he lost the fight in a clean sweep from rounds 8-12 on two of three cards. Deservedly so. Floyd came on with accurate power punching combos in those rounds too.
    test
  7. DethStryque

Tim, and Margarito are way too hittable. Floyd schools them. But a prime Paul Williams would be a problem...up until round six when Floyd has him completely solved and dominates via boxing clinic.
    test
  8. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

Nah I think P-Will's size, volume, and stance puzzles May the whole fight. I envision him doing everything Diego Corrales should have done vs Floyd, plus not being distracted/weight drained as Chico was.

Forgot to mention Sergio Martinez, I think his style and size advantage beats Mayweather all day. Haven't watched his Murray fight yet btw, read he looked less than great. I'm talking the Serg that fought Pavlik, P-Will, Dzinziruk.

What you think of vs Marquez at 135/140?
    test
  9. Dopest101

Dopest101 New Member

test
  10. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

paul williams would have gave him a hell of a fight. wish he didn't get paralyzed...

Martinez looked horrible in the Murray fight. He got schooled a good portion of the fight. I only had him winning by one point because murray gave away the first 1/3 of the fight. p4p fighters are not supposed to get dropped like that

I hope your not saying mayweather vs. marquez 2. the first was a sparring session.
    test
  11. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

To be expected, his style is so contingent on reflexes, speed, and mobility. Coming off injuries and that Chavez fight took a lot out of him, I kinda hope he hangs it up.

And I think May vs Marquez at 35 or 40 would look different, JMM would be quicker and less sluggish.
    test
  12. DethStryque

Floyd eats Marquez at 140, it's too hard to cut down to 135. I really think it's hard to get below 145 for May. JMM will be more lively at 140, but it won't help him. He MIGHT win a couple of rounds instead of being totally blanked like he was in their first go round. May's style skill and technical prowess beats JMM. That's it.

Sergio Martinez. I see Floyd outboxing him, because Sergio's style demands alot from him...including being hit repeatedly by power punchers. Floyd wins that match by unanimous decision, 7-5.

So...nobody's giving GHOST a chance vs May?
    test
  13. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

Ya you're right, May's physical gifts will always overwhelm JMM. I gotta disagree bout Sergio, that size adv, southpaw stance, left hand power, mobility, feints, and speed could prove to be the key to beating Money.

Mayweather will figure Guerrero out midway, hope Ghost comes with several gameplans. He's too slow and if May dealt with Cotto & Ortiz's strength/power then he can def. deal with Robert's.
    test
  14. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

No he has no chance. At best I'm hoping for Guerrero to make it worth my time.
    test
  15. shinytooth

shinytooth Member

k 1st round was debatable then mayweather took over. it was a boring fight..i'm shocked tho at mayweather's speed..at age 36? he looked real good out there.
    test
  16. DethStryque

To me, there is nothing boring about that dominating, virtuoso display of skill, precision, intelligence, technique, tactics, timing, power punches and movement that Floyd displayed. As a lifelong martial artist who deeply loves refined skill, I loved every second of it.
    test