Invited some Mormon missionaries in yesterday

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

Not sure I buy the whole Israelites in North America story, but I like what they stand for.
    test
  2. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

what do they stand for besides wearing office attire while riding bicycles?
    test
  3. JASON ANTHONY

Didn't say wearing suits, bike helmets, and backpacks wasn't odd, but they genuinely love helping people. They may go door to door, but they don't force their religion on anyone. It's horrible how some Christians bash them when in actuality, Mormons act more "Christian" than actual Christians.
    test
  4. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i was mostly just taking a cheap shot/making a joke

i haven't really had any contact with mormons, since i live in south florida

i've had plenty of jehovas approach me at the park but thats about it... and all those people ever do is hand out armageddon pamphlets
    test
  5. JASON ANTHONY

Jehovahs are nut jobs who take it all personal when you turn them away.

The cool thing about the Mormons was, I could ask them anything I wanted without them getting offended. I even brought up the South Park episode about them. They were totally cool about it. If the book of Mormon and its origin weren't so iffy I might attend their church with its huge ass steeple.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Thats fine that theyre nice but they twist scripture.
    Posted via Bag Phone
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

It really depends on which ones you come across.

lol I bet the Mormons wouldn't care about that. Cool stuff though
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Most religions twist scriptures tbh
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I've never met a Mormon who didn't have a sense of humor.

They might twist scripture or have additional books, but they have a wealthy amount of knowledge in it in comparison to the average Christian. What tends to happen with Christians is you get stuck for the most part with the political Evangelicals and the staunchest Literalist Fundies who happen to live in your country/continent to bombard you with their versions of Christianity. And if it's not them, that doesn't matter because society is entrenched in the Catholic traditions no matter where you are in the West.
    test
  10. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Ive known a few Mormon families and they've ALL been really happy fun loving people...most have a few 'disowning's' they keep secret an shit but overall they seem really jolly...doing family things all the time and stuff like that....

I tried to read the Mormon bible once and couldnt make it past a few pages...it was so obviously a guy writing it trying to sound 'old'...repeating the same phrase over and over like it was the only old phrase they knew lol

complete bullshit.....

I did often wonder how much of their happiness was genuine but at the same time I assumed they were just crazy (coz they believed in that version of a bible) and therefore were probably really happy.....

PEACE
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

Thats prolly cus they can have 10 wives lol
    Posted via Ouija
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

i don't think i'd be happy with 10 wives..lol
    test
  13. JASON ANTHONY

Why do Christians bash Mormons at every importunately?

Is it because they've stolen their thunder?

My parent's church is actually notorious for its members being rude to Mormon missionaries. It's fuckin sad.
    test
  14. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

now i feel like i've unfairly branded a group of people. they actually aren't bad people in my opinion. just misguided. the ones i've met have been nice, easy to get along with just not easy to agree with.

one particular couple that actually approached me together, we had a 30 minute or so conversation on a park bench about beliefs. the husband saw i was reading orwell and said he was a fan, he also told me he read the da vinci code in a day's time because he enjoyed it so much (i've never read the da vinci code, but it does show some open mindedness on his part since the book is supposedly blasphemous).

i've never been rude to them. a lot of people probably tell them to go fuck themselves, but i answer their questions directly and honestly. i have nothing to fear in hearing their beliefs.

i just find their rhetoric is based on too much fear mongering to be honest... more so than 'mainstream' christians. they always bring up how the world is going to shit and how these are the signs of the return of christ, and i always tell them that the world has actually made some improvements in the last couple thousand years. they give me pamphlets on the armageddon and shit and i always accept them partially out of interest, partially out of trying to be polite. whenever i do open one up i read stuff like this:

this is a direct quote from one of their pamphlets i am holding in front of me, called the watchtower

[​IMG]
    test
  15. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I don't mind any religion i mean really, is there really any group of religion that are really that bad of people?

Maybe that baptist church that riots funerals
    test
  16. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

yea, though to be fair that 'church' is only really consisting of one family which based on their anti social behavior and xenophobic tendencies is most likely the result of inbreeding.
    test
  17. JASON ANTHONY

Read up on JH's. They've prophesied the end of the world a few times now. They were wrong each time and yet people still listen to their leaders. I'm not one to bash regions, but these people have been some of those most unpleasant to stand on my door step. They don't celebrate holidays or birthdays and they believe heaven is already full. Hmmm... Yeah. Nice religion. Hopelessness is the only answer.
    test
  18. JASON ANTHONY

Mormons > JH's
    test
  19. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

The LDS Church has been out of polygamy for a long time. Only Mormons who practice polygamy now are the fundamentalist cults on the fringes of society and those are few.
    test
  20. TheBigPayback

I wasnt bashing them. Shit if they wanna have 10 wives coo in their religon thats fine. But they read the book of mormon which is their version of the bible. And they twist scripture. I dont dislike them, but i dont support them either.
    Posted via mobile device... from my mobile home.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.