Interracial Marriages?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by innn0sense, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innn0sense

innn0sense New Member

Would you marry sum1 from a different race.......my friend said she absolutely would not......cause she said from wut shes seen they dont work out......well im mixed........black and mexican......my parents did get divorced but i would get involved wit some one of a different race/ethnicity........i think it would be cool to marry a white and asian dude so my babies could be all mixed up.......nah..j/p....lol......i think marriages just dont work out in general these days......so whoever i feel like spending the rest of my life with is who ill get involved with........ion think race matters.............what about yall?
    test
  2. you say "nah, jp", but you would be suprised at the amount of peeps who think being with other races is good because the babies will look cute. Having said that, I think interacial marriages are fine aslong as both the people care about eachother. Sure, there are some things to think about like children being neither looking one way or the other (or perhaps not) and the effects that may have. There may be cultural differences which can be hard to transcend, but if they are ready for marriage then I am assuming that they have worked their way around them if there were any. also, there might be other difficulties that come from the outside, like family members of friends poking their noses in, but if you in love you can handle it.
    test
  3. yastrugglin

yastrugglin New Member

Well I can't argue with that logic. :smile:

For like the millionth time, my mom is white and my dad. Of course I have no problem with interracial relationships because if it weren't for one I wouldn't be here. That being said though, a problem I still have is when black dudes won't even give dark skinned black girls the time of day. I have no problem with who anyone dates but when you won't give someone who looks like you the time of day, I think it's problematic.
    test
  4. AliasNumber1

AliasNumber1 New Member

my dads white and my moms black, and it didn't really work out.

and yeah, it can fuck a kid up being mixed, it sorta fucked with me.

like family is the worst thing, because when ever i'm with my family on either side it's wierd. i feel like i don't belong with them, i dunno. and just everyone treats me wierd cause they know 'i'm the mixed one'.....

and it was sorta a mistake, me even being here. so i know my moms and dads family don't like me at all, and they make that clear..........

but i guess for some ppl it's cool....

and yeah i guess i'm cute.... [licku]
    test
  5. lone1

lone1 Illegitimate Lyricist

I don't know...with the world today...who really cares?...I'm Puerto-Rican and Black...my wife is Korean and Black...and we have a beautiful Puerto-Rican/Korean/Black daughter...race should mean not a thing nowadays..but than again...some people may differ.
    test
  6. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

Eh...I am not really on it. Although there is this one hispanic dude I'm really really really feeling right now! Dude is just plain mad cool in every aspect of the word. But i don't know man..I'm in love with my black men (even though they piss me off sometimes!!)
    test
  7. not really on it, as in, its just your preference, or not on it as in, you would not encourage others to pursue it either?
    test
  8. Hpnotiq

Hpnotiq KISS MY ASS BITCHES

i feel for you i have cousins who have the problems you have and worse cause they are mixed. i wouldnt bring a mixed kid into this world they face too many problems so with that i'll stick to black men cause we have more in common and can relate to each other and thats who i'm attracted to.
    test
  9. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I have no problem with different race's getting together and getting married. All that matter's if there is love for one another. Shouldn't matter what colour one's skin is.

I'm white and I did marry a white man. However if a black man came along before, and the love was the same and everything was there. I wouldn't even think twice about marriage. It's all about the way you feel. Not what soceity tells you what's right or wrong :/ That's just how I see it tho. To each there own and ya do what YOU want. Not what everyone else around you says is "right".
    test
  10. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

Hell yea, my baby's mexican.
    test
  11. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

It's just not a preference. i don't dictate other's lives though. Nahhhh, do you fam. it's not worth me preaching and shiot!
    test
  12. so if its not just a preference then you disagree with it actually happening, but on what grounds?
    test
  13. yastrugglin

yastrugglin New Member

From my experience black women are the worst when it comes to interracial dating. I'm darker than the average bi-racial baby so a lot of people just assume that I'm black and I can't tell you how many times black women have tried to convince me that I should only date black women. Perhaps some of y'all need to broaden your horizons and start looking at dating people from different races.
    test
  14. innn0sense

innn0sense New Member

yea im mixed and it can be hard sumtimes......im wit black people sumtimes and dey start talkin bout mexicans not knowing that im mexican and da other way around......im just like hey dats not cool.....but dats all i can do....and then sumtimes when they know im mixed they be like you not "black enough" or you not "mexican enough"........and most times you are gonna relate to one side more.........all of my mexican side of the family lives in mexico and i dont even speak spanish so i dont even feel comfortable visting and that puts a stress on our relationship........

but da question was about marriage and wit different cultures there comes differences and as long as you work through those differences.......as in any marriage.....it should be fine.......
    test
  15. mama21

mama21 panama-red@blackplanet

i probably would, if things worked out..
    test
  16. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

that is sooo real. I'm dark...and im coo wit that, but i get hated on sooo much by black dudes. Mexicans (in general) give me way more play than black men do. I have even heard dark skinned men down dark skinned women. that confuses me so much.

that should be a new thread started....why does light skin and wavy hair = better??
    test
  17. yastrugglin

yastrugglin New Member

It's really a societal problem. Lighter has always been better, that's why you have blondes as the so called "standard of beauty." I honestly don't know what can be done to change that but regardless of the reason, it's a problem when you won't give someone who looks like you the time of day. It's a form of self hatred IMO.
    test
  18. RedXIII

RedXIII !

[​IMG]
    test
  19. Fire Cracka

Fire Cracka New Member

I love this shit... shows that color don't matter.

I've had a black and latin girlfriend(s)

I wouldn't care what color the bitch was as long as I liked her i'd marry the bitch and have children with her

But fuck you black bitches saying you'll only fuck with black men haha

I'm white and I'm the shit
    test
  20. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

[​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.