Interesting article: Anderson Silva is Getting Old

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by The Nonpareil, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

it is a good point

i might go overboard, but i dont make stupid statements like you guys did

you bring that "theory" up to an mma expert or fighter and you'd get laughed at
    test
  2. jayoo

quoted for truth
    test
  3. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

u did go over board...take it easy, chap
    test
  4. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Relax, Jayoo... Most of us don't believe this conspiracy theory. Why get carried away over one or two who do?
    test
  5. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i wasn't talkin about tyson when i said that. like i had previously said - tyson was the carwin of boxing. he had great knockout power, took everyone out fast, and then finally met someone that could take his shots and he gassed and lost.

and you act like i truly believe anderson had this all planned out. i just said it would make sense that he would want to put on more of a show to get himself in good standing than it would to say that he drastically lost his ability to fight in 4 months. i don't care whether it was because his rib was broken or he had a grand plan to go 5 rounds and beat sonnen. he won, and the next person he fights we'll see if he actually is that vulnerable to punches, kicks and takedowns or if he was just toying with everyone again.
    test
  6. jayoo

how can his next fight have any bearing? HE HAD A CRACKED RIB, his STRENGTH is MOVEMENT.. how dont you piece together what happened? no cracked rib = better movement, its common sense homie.
    test
  7. jayoo

i understand, it's not even so much the "theory" anymore, just the fact that there's people in this world with enough stupidity to actually attach their opinion to something like that.. it's all good now, all 3 are ignored, i even used to have delinquent on ignore but he at least makes sense, and im sure he wouldnt go with this retarded "theory", he doesnt stretch an reach for somethin that's not even a possible option..

honestly i probably only see 1/3 of the people who post here, to many have no idea about mma other then the last 5 ufc shows they caught, or what they caught up on in the past 2 years to act like they've been a fan for 10
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

nobody's sayin he should have the same movement with a cracked rib. the fact is he seemed like a human punching bag/ takedown bag for 4.5 rounds. it's not that he had worse movement, it's that he had NO movement.

plus, this whole thread is about an article sayin he's gettin older and slower - which is bullshit - which was what the whole thought was premised upon.

you act like it's not beyond him to want to put on a show to get back into good graces, but putting that aside, the guy knew what he was doing and it looked like he was just trying to avoid getting injured rather than fighting until he pulled the triangle. he didn't look flustered the entire match in my eyes. he stayed calm, was able to finish the fight, and got out with no difference to the injury he already had.

the dude is crazy cerebral. i don't put anything past him. you're gettin pissed off because people entertained the thought that he could be putting on a show. who cares what we may want to think? it doesn't make the fight any different, doesn't make what happened any different. it was just a different theory than "silva's getting old."

edit: and just having the thought doesn't mean we believe it as absolute truth - at least i don't. i think silva is a great fighter and under any condition will be able to finish a fight - just like royce used to in the early days. but, again, i wouldn't put it past him that he could concoct a scheme like that.
    test
  9. jayoo

its like every person ive brought this idea up to said..

"thats somethin you think but never say because you dont wanna look stupid"
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

nice trolling guys

thumbs up!
    test
  11. The Nonpareil

The Nonpareil What about me?

What the fuck are you smoking?

There is zero doubt that he's getting older and slower. That's not even open for debate. He's certainly not getting older and faster, slower and younger, or younger and faster. That's not how the world works.

What is open for debate is to what extent is that the case? I would wager that he's certainly not done and will look matrixy at least one more time in the future, but who knows. Age has been known to slam people in the ass.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to discuss a fighter aging without riling up that certain crowd that is anti-said fighter or pro-fighter's opponent(s). So of course an article like this will cause a clash just like a discussion about Rocky Marciano vs. Joe Louis.
    test
  12. jayoo

dont get me started on rocky/louis haha
    test
  13. Tha Cunnysmythe

Man, Joe Louis was 137 years old.
    test
  14. The Nonpareil

Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass.

ha.
    test
  15. jayoo

who me? im not white
    test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Silva hasn't slowed down at all, his movement was off obviously and more than likely was due to his rib injury.

Sure he's getting older, but he hasn't slowed down yet.......

If you think about it, silva wanted to retire last year only thing keeping him interested is the pay check. Sonnen was the first EVER in the UFC to even give him a challenge, and he had to be injured for that to happen too.
    test
  17. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

yes. ribcage injury + manipulating the fight made it intresting-
    test
  18. The Nonpareil

it's a line from coming to america, like cunny's joe louis/137 years old line.
    test
  19. jayoo

ohh lol i was gonna say the way you worded it was funny
    test
  20. Tha Cunnysmythe

[youtube]rdjblkRkoPU[/youtube]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.