Interesting article: Anderson Silva is Getting Old

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by The Nonpareil, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

if you were at all reliable id paypal $50 on vitor/silva, but you seem like a cornball, ill stick with my betting sites
    test
  2. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

test
  3. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

yeah bes stay with the sites....I dont know you
    test
  4. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

test
  5. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

yeah i've fucked up a rib, and yes it does affect your movement, but it doesn't make you get punched in the face repeatedly.

i'm just not convinced yet.
    test
  6. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Oh, this is easy to explain. Silva doesn't have great defense. Yes, I know he avoids a lot of punches, but he has that Roy Jones defense, where he just moves out of the way of slow strikers punches. His defense is going to be the first thing to go anytime his movement is effected by an injury or age.
    test
  7. jayoo

EXACTLY.. but wait.. a point that makes sense, that cant be right..

maybe all roys losses are a setup for a great comeback, thats gotta be it, thats my theory

what you guys think?
    test
  8. jayoo

brock musta played shane carwin in round 1, illest game plan ever thought up, he was never in trouble, thats a true champion right there.. make your opponent think he had you, haha shit ya'll are opening my eyes to a lot of great strategies that been slept on im gonna have to go thru history, i wonder how many other sports have this going on

michael jordan probably let iverson cross him up so when he finished the game with more in almost every statistical category he could teach fans 1 moment doesnt equal a great player

damn... what else??

oh shit.. penn/edgar, thats big.. bj penn lets himself get beat, make everyone go crazy over how frankie stood with em on the feet and then hes gonna come back an completely dominate... what better way to make media headline
    test
  9. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

silva allow those 4 rounds to happen, it waz a conscious decision..
    test
  10. jayoo

i agree, 100%, im breaking down history with this new theory and its pretty crazy homie

anyone thought of any other instances?

we got..

penn/edgar
    tyson/buster
    jordan/iverson
    brock/carwin
    silva/sonnen

lot of setups goin on, i know theres more

-guarantee faber losing and shit was all a chess match, hes gonna come back dominating 135
    -ben henderson been given his wins lately cause they want him to go to the ufc
    -wanderlei declined at 205 on purpose, now hes 185 hes gonna destroy shit till he gets to anderson silva
    -liddell never lost it, he just wanted all the talk then hes gonna come back an knock everyone out
    -roy jones jr been losing only to come back an beat everyone to show age doesnt matter
    -roy nelson lost to jds on purpose, he doesnt wanna fight brock/cain, hes gonna wait till jds wins then beat him
    -babe ruth was chubby on purpose, he wanted to show muscles didnt make the man
    -gene tunney never truly beat dempsey, they decided on a winner beforehand

anyone else?
    test
  11. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

blah blah blah blah.

his skills didn't decline that much in 4 months. period. say whatever sarcastic remarks you want, fact of the matter is it is not possible to lose that much skill in that short of time. every example you bring up is retarded because you're talkin about people who over the course of years got worse and worse, or who didn't fight for 1+ years then came back to get beaten.

compare them all to someone who got better with each fight somehow losing all that skill in a 4 months time period. retarded argument.

we'll see at his next fight if he truly is declining that rapidly.
    test
  12. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Jayoo chill. There are only a handful of people in this forum that actively discuss MMA, don't alienate them and cause the forum to become even smaller.
    test
  13. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

lol...good point...
    test
  14. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

lol@Jay getting heat for being the only reasonable poster here...
    test
  15. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Nah, I don't have a problem with jayoo. He's a good poster. I just don't want this to turn into something where people get upset and stop posting in the forum.
    test
  16. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

The fight went exactly as Anderson planned.

Big Nog is his BJJ teacher... Nuff said.
    test
  17. The Nonpareil

The Nonpareil What about me?

Yep.

not the words of a guy that wanted his ass kicked.
    test
  18. The Nonpareil

but all I'm saying is that Silva's standup didn't look as good as it had. Silva's takedown defense has never been that great compared to even his buddy machida's, and on the ground he's all triangles. But in standup, we're talking about a guy that dodges hands AND feet almost like he has bullet time.

Perhaps it was because he got clocked, which does happen to everyone regardless of how good you are, and after that he was full of cobwebs and kinda went back to his aggressive chute boxe roots.
    test
  19. The Nonpareil

Seeson already said it.
    test
  20. jayoo

how did tyson decline year after year? he was the champion of the world lol it was his first loss
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.