Interesting article: Anderson Silva is Getting Old

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by The Nonpareil, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

your now the jokes of the mma community, congratulations smh
    test
  2. jayoo

that has to do with facial structure
    test
  3. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

who me

???
    test
  4. jayoo

by believing silva actually took 4 rounds of punishment and was in control the entire fight i can never take your opinion serious again, hopefully everyone else with any sense learns from that comment too

thats somethin you think in your head but never say because it just makes you look stupid
    test
  5. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

are you upset that Sonnen couldnt finish the fight....or that Silva waited till 2 mins before the end to jui-jitsu his ass

??
    test
  6. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

its a possibility...you dont know what was going on to that extent...you're a spectator...and a bias one at that

I didnt say it was a fact...its a theory...and there are points that support it
    test
  7. jayoo

no im upset that darwins theory isnt true because you wouldnt be here right now
    test
  8. jayoo

smh..

want to know what fact doesnt support your theory? anderson silva's own words
    test
  9. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

thats how yall diss folks where u from, huh?

lol
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

because everything everyone says is always true? cracked rib is obviously true, aside from that, it's not like he would come out and say "yeah i just wanted to put on a show for you all so that i could get back into good graces and then come back in my next fight and get heralded as not 'too old' and 'still the best p4p fighter at mw'."

again, it's all speculation and none of it may be true, but it's also just too hard to believe that he lost all of his skill in a matter of months.
    test
  11. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

what the ones where he says that he was "thinking about his kids and family" during the onslaught or the at the end of the press conference where he said "he felt out of respect for the nogera bros he needed to end the fight in jiu-jitsu"
    test
  12. jayoo

were not face to face are we
    test
  13. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

lol........
    test
  14. jayoo

are you that ignorant? he said he WENT INTO THE FIGHT wanting to submit him for what he said to the nog brothers, hows that prove he LET that happen? how is it beneficial to get nullified for 4 rounds THEN suddenly pull it off on someone with a WEAK sub defense? the longer it takes to sub someone with bad defense doesnt speak higher of your skill

nobody said he lost his skill, so if vitor did the same shit would we say the same things? i dont get it, based on what your saying silva cant lose or come close to losing because it's not believable he "lost all his skill", did you think he'd look invincible forever?

what did you think about tysons fall? was it all a setup? how does he go from possibly the best ever to losing to buster douglas, who never did shit really before or after tyson.. does that mean that wasnt real either? if pacquaio loses his next fight, was that a setup? cause he cant have lost his skill?

why dont people recognize the fact its the ufc.. they're ALL skilled.. some have better nights, better strategies, i dont care how good silva is, NOBODY can purposely do what your claiming when their fighting at this high of a level..
    test
  15. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

wait a minute...so Maia...the chump that beat Sonnen.....he had a "bad" night against Silva???...nicca please...Silva embarrased him to the point where he looked like he shouldnt even have been there

Silva won the fight....and afterwards Sonnen looked like he was the one that got beat up

So yeah...till Silva loses...that nicca was in control

you just are upset at the circustances of the conclusion of the fight...you and all your extensive knowledge of mma tells you Sonnen should have won

but you were bamboozeled...lol
    test
  16. jayoo

shit well we at it why not say the flying leglock he lost to was a setup, how does the p4p best fighter lose to a move thats rarely used let alone as successful in a split second as it was against him? cant be real... forgot the other chinese guy he fought, guy was takin em down without to much trouble at first, he musta played with em in that fight too
    test
  17. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

first of all, belfort's last fight was september 2009, a full year ago - against a washed up rich franklin who's only noteable win recently was against glassjaw liddell. i'm not discounting vitor, because he's a great fighter, but it is possible to lose some ability within a full year away from the sport.

on the other hand, silva's last fight was in april - 4 months ago. the guy has stayed very active in fighting and training. i never said silva was unbeatable, but you're talkin about the guy being "old" and sayin he can't dodge punches, kicks, and avoid takedowns as well as he used to, and used to meaning like he did 4 months ago.

so you honestly believe he lost his ability to dodge and sprawl and strike in 4 months? ok. that makes total sense.

and seriously, tyson? the guy was the carwin of boxing.
    test
  18. jayoo

where does maia even come into what im talkin about? do you read and write? or is someone doing it for you? lol

sonnen controlled silva's LIFE for 4 rounds, and in a rematch will probably do near the same except unfortunately for silva hes gonna get knocked out by vitor first
    test
  19. jayoo

you guys make conversation up? where did i bring up silva cant dodge and shit? nowhere? he had a CRACKED RIB have you EVER fucked a rib up??? you realize you cant move NEARLY as fluid without pain.. maybe THATS WHY.. hmmmmmmmmmmmm... makes sense?

or maybe lets see... hendo took him down easy, that was all hendo tho right? chael cant do what hendo started too? why isnt that believable? he was an olympic alternate too... 2 time national greco champ, i dont think you understand

ill tell you right now jon jones would take silva down with ease at 205 as well, whether he'd win is another story, nobody is impossible to take down, theres serious wrestlers getting involved again
    test
  20. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

don't hold your breath....and the rematch will be Sonnen trying to wrestle him again and get a knee to the forehead
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.