interesting article about depression

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Radium, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radium

Radium f k

http://www.madinamerica.com/2012/04/how-the-brain-defect-theory-of-depression-stigmatizes-depression-sufferers

what do u guys think
    test
  2. Envy

Envy Song Writer / Artist.

hmmmm, interesting.
    test
  3. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

^ Agree, I came to grips with my depression years ago and I openly speak about it when necessary.

In these social times, I notice the loss of one's inner self. I think most people these days have depression at some level. Either a fear or ignorance to admit it.

Will read into Lincoln tonight, thanks @Radium
    test
  4. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Can someone be happy all the time no matter what?
    Something totally opposite of depression.
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i think the article doesn't teach anything new, except for the lincoln being depressed.

i still hold the notion that depression is just a natural part of being a human being.

sometimes you are happy with your day, other times you're stressed, and depressed.

i think these days they're just labelling it bipolar, which is another shitty cop-out.

it's all related to experience at the end of the day, that's what i think.

as for me, alot of people around me think i'm depressed because i don't talk much.

i'm not depressed, i'm just stressed, and anxiety creeps on me without alarm.

edit ; and if you're a leader who shows no sign of depression, you're doing it wrong.

:numaan:
    test
  6. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

its just a bio-chemical-energy imbalance

don't let these paid-off scientist make you believe that it is natural or that you can't rise above this pitiful state...

its NOT natural...
    test
  7. SAMARA

SAMARA truth is a sword

Deep thinkers may appear to be depressed by observing more and talking less.
    Intellectuals who are surrounded by idiots may appear to be depressed for the mere fact the art of conversation, genuine interaction, seldom exists.
    Stupid people who cannot part in part a sentence or thought may be depressed.
    Ugly people who look in the mirror too often rather than just living and greeting people with warmth and a smile, where people can embrace them.
    Attractive people are groomed to the superficial world and are depressed.

In my opinion perhaps it is a little bit of both a brain and character flaw.

Where, the intellect has short comings and the character cannot overcome. Perhaps, time isnt moving fast enough or the quality of life is no longer in the life lived amongst the living but the life glamorized in the mind that is pseudo-lived.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.