Inspired by Joro's invitation...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

"Now, we hope that in the near future you'll come to dinner or visit," is the most common phrase I'll hear after what otherwise perfectly pleasant friends would say, upon finishing a meal I've spent cooking an hour or two in the kitchen. "With pleasure," I already have a ready-made answer, "but just so you know, that I don't take my shoes off at the entrance, I do like to destroy a cigar from time to time and not on the balcony, and that if I have a pet dog, that animal is coming along."

From the reactions that follow, I could make ​​more than a solid comedy, whilst in the background of all this it's a lingering thought that echoes in their minds: "Shit, did I have to mention?!"

In fact, I'm quite reluctant to go on visits, whether in someone's homes, gardens or yachts. Namely, because people can't perceive material goods with a hint of cynicism and sense of humor. Buy and hold onto all sorts of things for a variety of reasons, only not from a damn rare one ~ in order to serve its use.

There better not be a single scratch on the parquet, smoking is prohibited because of all the valuable pictures and curtains, newspaper have to be read read on the terrace also at minus five degree weather because of the dust it makes, must wear slippers even around the Persian rugs, the English lawn in front of the house has a restriction and 0 tolerance policy for any bug to sit on it, much less a small puppy. Everything that would by chance be alive and found inside or in the vicinity must be shot or poisoned.

Clinically clean environment and attitude towards such things out of ownership shouldn't contain the uncomfortable and completely non-domestic situation with potential guests. The biggest paradox is that it depict the relationship strain mainly on the owners' side.

So, in turn, I'll never humiliate people by taking off their shoes, if I'll decide to have a dog in the future it'll be behaved enough to let other puppies drool on the carpet. Children may continue to play on couches, and when walking across the living room I'll see a spider or a beetle, I'll carry them outside instead of making my house a showroom for traps and dangerous chemicals.

What I'm trying to say is, use things you have. Use them until they're functional and then replace them. Or not, just be aware that the pathological snobbism is as cancer. Kills slowly. Just sounds less dangerous.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

they better take their shoes off, i dont live in a barn.
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

Neither do I, but unless it's some sort of extreme weather condition, there's no need.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

oh i see, you live somewhere where the streets are clean.

Round here even dust pics up on shoes and if you had lighter colored carpets you would definately get them dirty... and carpet cleaning is a bitch
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

:funny:

I have a huge white/creme colored rug in my living room, which has been sent to the cleaners more times than I can even remember.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.