Insanity *part 2*

Discussion in 'Poetry Realm' started by Jen Li, May 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen Li

Jen Li New Member

My resistance brought me here, to this hole, this chamber, this casket, padded with demons screaming to get out. They don’t hear them but I do, inside my head, calling me name, telling me my fate but I refuse to believe, See I know the truth and I know what they do. I’ve been there, I've felt it. So now im here locked away, a product of my fighting, my constant struggle with reality has shut me away. In a padded cell for my protection, I don’t need protecting, im sane within my own right, I mean I'm alive though just barely, with it, almost certainly. I've given up trying to escape. There’s no way out for me, I’ve tried thousands of times, my blood stains the walls were I’ve tried to claw out, im not crazy, I know who I am, im jus being held captive by my mind, and by them. I know they watch me, jus like I watch me. I stand there, look back at myself and I see their product, im a child of their drugs and tests. I see me crying at night wishing to be free; I hear my self calling out at night in my nightmares, wishing for this reality to end.

I'd love to be able to say that I can escape in my mind, though my mind is scarce with imagination, baron with ideas. I've given up trying to save myself, my attempts have only gotten me here, bound by this jacket and locked away from humanity. Pumped full of drugs that im finding hard to resist. Im here now, and willing to take whatever punishment you give me, though im immune to all attempts. I've survived this, though im not sure how. Maybe it’s their drugs that keeping me alive, keeping me here to me can be studied, so throw what ever punishment you like it me, i'll still be here to tell the story of how you tried and failed to kill what has already been killed​
    test
  2. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

"I'd love to be able to say that I can escape in my mind, though my mind is scarce with imagination"

Yeah i liked that line alot. You got great skills, keep postin

one luv
    test
  3. vinous

vinous New Member

^^^^^^
    weird, those were my fave lines aswell.
    test
  4. Jen Li

Jen Li New Member

thanks for the feedback guyz...
    much appreciated
    test
  5. varentao

varentao New Member

More akward, less flowing, the essence not shown as strong...

..yet still it drew me in...both with the writing, and what you were writing about...

...you know, so many words run through my mind...when i'm on the bus, or walking down a street, you know, outside (though also inside, but more so outside)...yet they, to me, seem so imbedded in my soul and mind....and i dunno, seem to flow so 'purely', yet 'rawly'...that they just go into another part of me...i can't get them out onto paper...and usually even to speak them, as in my mind n soul, they are what they are...and then some...in a place that hold so much, and is so much....and so will not come out right onto paper (and to a lesser extent, to speak)...

...okay, so i went off on one there...but what i'm trying to say is, especially in the first piece...you showed (to me anyway)..that you can just let if all flow out into words on paper...and that, within itself, is something to admire (when done so eloquently and with such poetry).....

...er, i think tha't enough of my babblings...

..resp...
    test
  6. Jen Li

Jen Li New Member

lol.. thanks.. i think..
    but this was jus the 2nd half of the original poem..
    i didnt wanna post both parts as one poem cuz then it would seem really long

thanks for the feedback tho
    test
  7. TuNed RooT

TuNed RooT Love is introduction ..

Imagination was the key in this and you had used the aspect to the limit. I believe you stayed within the topic and kept it real throughout the piece. The subject of insanity and what a patient of it may go through or what your mind feels at times, never know.

"I'd love to be able to say that I can escape in my mind, though my mind is scarce with imagination, baron with ideas. I've given up trying to save myself, my attempts have only gotten me here, bound by this jacket and locked away from humanity."

^^ They lock you away thinking you'll be able to be helped, but you had already given up, so theirs no chance anymore. Basically what I think would happen and what you said in that. The pieces I've read by you really attract my eye, keep it up. My blessings..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.