industry producer prolyfic shits on fruity loops and 9th wonder...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by urban_tactics, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

i wish niggaz took their production career as seriously as they took my opinions....
    test
  2. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

Your analogy doesnt make sense. I would never stop making music because of the next man.. The only passion I've lost is selling beats ONLINE. I make music because I love music, and its fun. I dont care about money or fame when it comes to my music.

Instead of stressing about who uses FL, whos the next big thing, or who sells 20 beats for $10.. I'd rather just go make good music without all the politics.

Point being, I've stopped trying to sell beats to artists online, because theres too many clowns online. I'd much rather work with a talented artist for free before I sell a beat to any average artist for any amount of money.
    test
  3. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

^ that dont make sense.

either you got it or you dont.

I was feeling like that too for a while - cuz you logon and see clowns jumpin on the 2.99 beat special.

but if you got WORK and hustle and passion - all that BS gets flushed downt he toilet.

i got rappers online paying my prices...and getting at me over and over again.
    I dont even work any more.

So its out there. You just gotta think differently about your situation.

But aint no one gonna force you to do it...i just dont see you reason being good enough for me.
    test
  4. Odysseus

Could be cuz I'm in album mode.. I'm not worried about anything but making solid music for this instrumental album. Kinda like how artists lock themselves in the studio, turn off thier phones, and turn the studio into complete isolation.

I appreciate the encouragement tho.. Its good to see someone was once thinking how I am, and turned thier whole plan around. I hope to put your words into action after I have my project done, Dskillz.
    test
  5. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

You making excuses homie.

Either you got it..or you don't.
    test
  6. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

baby tell me what u want and I'll do it... i'll dooo it.. I'll doooo oooooohh ittt..

tELL ME WHAT U WANTT>.. WHAT U WANNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTT
    test
  7. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

ody has a point though.

i know yall be seeing them knock off generic producers who be selling wack ass shit for like 2 dollers a beat.. ofcourse a milion artist are going to grab on to that deal...

but theres a zilion people in the world.. if u hustle hard enough.. soemoen will buy ur beats.. if there serious
    test
  8. Odysseus

So I dont have "it" because I dont wanna sell beats online... I make good music, but since I dont sell it, I should stop. Thanks.. its all so clear now. [fu]
    test
  9. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

talent is not the nuber 1 priority in any business except sports.. maybe
    test
  10. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

lets stop speculating.

it all boils back to how you think and perceive your circumstance.

if you think you gonna fail - you gonna find failure

if you think you gonna succeed - you gonna find that

the key ingredient behind either is hardwork or the lack there of.

But people dont determine your success - your mind does.
    test
  11. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

This is my way of thinking.

Words have power.
    test
  12. DJ Blackout

DJ Blackout Paper Chase

word...

I was always told coming up...

"Begin with the end in mind"

Basically...if you want something good in the end...thats how you gotta start...start thinking about what the end is gonna be and then work towards that...thinking about it and visualising it makes it easier for you to realize that whatever you put your mind to can happen...

except leaping tall building in a single bound....I dont want anybody to get hurt..
    test
  13. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

agreed
    test
  14. Odysseus

Thats how I'm thinking.. I feel u 100%

But my end involves getting good music out for people to enjoy, for free... somehow I'm being looked down upon because of that. :screwy:

I wont be leaping any buildings, not atleast until my instrumental album is done and put up for free download.
    test
  15. DJ Blackout

DJ Blackout Paper Chase

lol..word...

Nothings wrong with beats for free...

I once read in an interview that Mannie Fresh gave David Banner beats for his album...FOR FREE!!! and hit is coming out of Mannie's mouth...

nothings wrong with that...I do it with people around my way...but only emcees who I have a close relationship with...I try to sell as much as possible...but some I dont charge much...or charge period...because we're on that level with each other..like...Jay-Five will feature on anything of mine that I ask...no questions...so when he needs a new single...or a quick lil intro...he comes to me because he did a favor for me so he knows that I got him...

theres nothing wrong with doing beats for free...especially since most of these niggas claim that they make music because they "love it"...
    test
  16. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

Nothing is free in this industry my nigga.

So don't believe that. Publishing rules the world.
    test
  17. DJ Blackout

DJ Blackout Paper Chase

I'm not saying that you have to absolutely do beats for free all of the time...thats bullshit...I would NEVER do beats for free all of the time...I'm just saying that I dont see anything wrong with throwing out a freebie for a local mixtape...

but I would NEVER give free beats to a nigga in the industry...unless it was ghost production...but you'd be giving up publishing and burning your name @ the same time so no to that...

but publishing does rule all..thats where all the money is...which is why songwriters stack so much guap
    test
  18. Odysseus

@ Chase

I understand where ur coming from, but understand were 2 entirely different producers. I know I have talent, and I'm damn sure you do too. We probably even produce for some of the same people on here, but hear me out..

I'm known by a bunch of people in my lil town, and some people on here.

I know u live in a bigger town, got more of a following, more connects, etc..

You sell beats for $1000+ I've sold beats for $100+

I'm just saying, remember where u were years ago, instead of casting judgement from up above.. just realize that altho the talent is here, I'm just a lil guy on the business/connection side of things, and I'm in no position to charge anyone right now. Doesnt mean I'm gonna make free music my whole life.

A journey of 1000 miles begins with 1 step. Just because someone hasnt made that kind of progess yet doesnt mean they "dont have it"
    test
  19. 32live

32live New Member

WOW 5 pages of opinions...the price of fame has its price...
    test
  20. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

this shit is pathetic, use whatever tools help you be most creative and productive.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.