industry producer prolyfic shits on fruity loops and 9th wonder...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by urban_tactics, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

i get the every dumb ass can download FL and make crappy beats and call themselves producers and thats gay

granted

if they make shit beats, then they make shit beats

and i dont mean beats you dont FEEL, i mean beats that literaly suck...harmonization is bad, key is all over the place, ect ect

BUT think of it

if everyone else is so dope with their Gear or whatever else

why would u care what the shit beatmakers are doing, why concern yourself

if their beats suck that bad no one would ever care

so why take the time to feel threatened about it

they are garbage right?

and thats the bottomline

its like dude is really mad that 9th got a program and he had to save for that whole year for that 600 bucks

and lupes cd did the graig luganis belly flop all over the place and no one even knows this guys name and 9th has a huge cult following and even had destiny child singing on FL beats with that pete rock snare lol

but i mean who cares, if 9th was doing the same beats *and really i do find his formula and drum program and sounds to be cheesie a lot of the time* with mpc would this guy feel better?

i mean does it matter?

i
    test
  2. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

oh nah it is

jus got a lil tired of everyone not realizing i shortened my name to jus Djay Cas

this is what it said on the ascap member ship so im tryna keep it that way.
    test
  3. Auditory

Auditory New Member

i actually think this site has a lot of in the game ass mutha fuckas on it. more so then any other forum. A lot of the producers on rapmusic.com are a lot farther in the game then most the rappers on here.

But anyways from ur posts urb its obvious u really take ur job as a producer/artist SERIOUS as fuck. which is good...that drive prolly whats gonna have u crackin in the industry soon.

when i was 16-19 beats and production was the number 1 thing on my mind. But lately all i been wanting to do is bone bitches, i been hardly making 2 beats a week lately. I guess i just been in heat
    test
  4. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

The way I look at the shit is...ok fruity loops a $50-300 program...but you can't run that with out a $600-1400 computer so its basically the same money. Same thing just fruity is on screen and the computer is the module that runs the program.
    test
  5. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

ehh...

i think niggaz is missin the point......

the point is how niggaz percieve production

it insults me, when i see dudes not looking at music production as a PROFESSIONAL career...........

they more so, look at it like....a game of pick up........like, the niggaz wit the best skills get picked up.......

music production is a job, just like anything else...and u should take it just as seriously.....and i see mad cats that are on a pc literally PLAYING AROUND....but got the nerve to be calling themselves producers.......like its just some fuckin term u can just throw around......

nigga produced what? u have no artist....u make beats........thats it.........u cant mix..........u cant guide no artist..........u cant construct no song..........u cant instruct no engineer and utilize your sponsors time in a studio that cost 150 an hr........produced what nigga?

its just funny to me.......niggaz make a couple beats and then think they a producer........maybe niggaz dont really have much of an idea what a producer does......

or maybe i'm just pissed off, cuz i work my ass off with my artists....doin shows....flyin/drivin back and forth....meeting with brokers...and stayin on my manager's ass......and then i come on here and see a nigga clickin a melody on fruity loops callin himself a producer....when i kno damn well if he got dropped on the spot inside a studio with an artist, he wouldnt kno where the fuck to start......

thats MY issue dawg.....call me an asshole...call me negative...i really dont care

but i'm just tired of niggaz takin the term producer so damn likely...and i think thats what the blog was about.........talkin about alotta dudes that have put in zero work towards their career, calling themselves producers

America dont work like that......society is set up in a way that if u aint born into some guap...u gotta put in work to get a return.......

chase if u grindin and doin errything u say u doin, then i really dont understand why u even comin at me, cuz obviously my comments dont apply to you.......

unless u just tryin to defend these fruity loop niggaz

but this is hardly about fruity loops........
    test
  6. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

I just don't see what constitutes you to say they not producers my nigga.

Where is the industry standard book that says if you click a mouse..you not a producer?
    test
  7. Auditory

Auditory New Member

i feel u, what gets on my nerves is everyone wants to be in the business...but not for the sake of the music, or even the money...but because its the "cool" thing to do. People need to feel like they stand out from the rest and are "cooler" then the next average dude. So to them being a rapper or "producer" is the way to do it. But they really have no understanding of what that consists of other then what they see on t.v...

These people have no understanding that it takes thousands to put into promoting urself and will more then likely barely make ur money back if ur lucky, They dont realize it consists of road trips 2-6 times a week, having so many numbers in ur cell phone u dont even know who half of them are, going 2-3 hour sleep nights consistantly, having to call these slacker ass muther fuckers everyday because you HAVE to get in contact with them and they are dodging ur calls cuz there not doing what there supposed to do, making sure the promo team ur paying in a whole other state are doing there job right and so on and so forth.

So i feel u on that aspect, but at the same time some people really do just do this shit for a hobby and nothing is wrong with that

Me? Im not a producer. Im a straight beat maker. I've produced songs, ive even produced a whole album. But because i was being payed, i didnt even really give a damn about the outcome of the project. Sitting in the studio all day engineering and guiding artists and all that is BORING AS FUCK to me. I AM NOT a producer. Someone wants to pay me enough hell yeah ill do it but im not finna get my own artists and produce them and push them and all that. Thats def a 100% job, Im more on the get placements tip
    test
  8. Auditory

Auditory New Member

and regarding what people use to produce or make beats, i dont think that matters at all
    test
  9. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

I produce songs.

and they ALL STOP AND THEY STARE ?

CUZ THEY SEE YA GIRRRLLL
    test
  10. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

Thats what I ment in that other "producers vs beatmakers thread"...
    thats what producing is.
    test
  11. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

Who the fuck is he? Urb, no offense but if an industry producer will say that Coke is wack or all Vst`s r wack, Motif is wack or even Cubase is wack.. Will u agree with him 2?? Dont listen to everybody, every fucking producer is different and thinks different fam.
    I personally use FL n Cubase n pretty happy with them..
    test
  12. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

i see auditory feels me......
    test
  13. CommonWealth

CommonWealth New Member

why do so many of you need to be insured that the way you are doing things is the correct way to go about.

Man hiphop is 'blackmusiq' (and i don't mean it in a racist kinda way) but in this thread i only read white talk. Money, knowing exact music theory's, puttin' money
    aside to do this.

Man the people i work with, are mostly african dudes. People who are poor, but
    just enjoy music. I learn alot more from them then i did from any of my music
    lessons about keys etc. These people have a natural feel for music.

I'm a black guy livin' in Europe, and i think that did influenced my approach to
    music for a while. But now i'm just sittin back chillin and making sweet music
    with people who love to do so to. I don't know if it's the culture there in the States
    but even black people sound White as hell. Money this money that.
    If i die, do i have my money with me. If i die people gonna remember me for my
    money and the work i put in this game and the equipment i bought? Or if i die are
    people gonna remember the nice songs i did and they liked.

Note: i don't call myself a producer, cause just like urb said i'm far from that. I work
    with people who like to rap, but they don't pay me for it. And i'm fine with that.

I am a beatmaker and people who hear my shit, think i'm doing very well in my craft.
    test
  14. I-ki

I-ki New Member

If its hot then its hot, who the fuk cares what you use....

I dont know why dudes be givin a fuk about what some stranger be using... do you hate the world that much???
    test
  15. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

yea ive been told that same shit by cats that dont even kno the start of making a beat, just some cats who like music.

if its hot its hot.
    test
  16. I-ki

I-ki New Member

Well think about it... do you think the average listener gives a shit about what you use???.
    test
  17. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Personally i think people dont want to switch b/c they have used fl for years.... I personally been using it since version 1. something so there is no reason for me to switch and go through a learning curve and i think i do pretty well at drum programming and it takes to me too long to figure out how to do what i have in my head on a new program.
    But then again its just a hobby for me but at the end its all about the end product.... From what i heard of ChaseNCashe he has some of the most unique dope stuff out in internet land and i did not even know he used FL so it really does not matter at the end of the day.
    test
  18. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

can't stop it, when it's hot it's hot
    -jay-z
    test
  19. FL Representa

FL Representa New Member

industry producer Marvelous "Jeffrey White" J uses FL
    [​IMG]
    test
  20. M.Maestro