In Need of Home Recording Help

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by koyotte, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koyotte

koyotte K-O

All I want to do is make music for myslef, but I dont want the quality to sound like shit. I've been using Roland VS machines since the 80's and now I want to go to a pc set up for home recording. I dont need no $10,000 set up lol I just want to record easier in my bedroom. My home roland is messing up and I got alot on my mind so I want to record. I seen this Pro-tools M-Audio Essential set up thats like $100... will I need anything else? I have some bs monitors and I have some headphones and a mic, just my recorder is messed up. I have another studio I go to, me and my brothers have together, but I dont know anything about computer recording. What program will I need? Will I need a new/better soundcard? And what hardware will I need to just rap. I need to just put in the beat (made on an asrx-pro, mpc 4000xl, or some other machine lol) and rhyme to it. SIMPLE

Please help me out... I dont want to spend over $1000, shit I dont want to spend over 100 lol

ps. I make music for myself, I've been making solo albums since I was 7 and I'm now 26...... Rap is my life, please help me out here!
    test
  2. Degenerate One

Degenerate One Noe Nose Touching

get a good computer, buy a mbox and a m-audio midi controller...preferably you have a firewire 400/800 connection, if you do, make sure your mbox is firewire. Get a decent condenser mic. Download utorrent, go to thepiratebay and start downloading apps, sample cd's and vsti's.

Researching and learning for yourself is always great too.
    test
  3. Temp_Guest2

Temp_Guest2 Dope Lyricist/Producer

PC
    Mbox or Fast track
    M-Audio MIDI Controller
    M-Audio Bx5a's

Cubase
    Reason

That should do it...
    test
  4. Temp_Guest2

Temp_Guest2 Dope Lyricist/Producer

Oh,

Microphone:
    Rode NT1A or something from SE Electronics, or MXL
    test
  5. Scott22

Scott22 New Member

If you want to do recording in your pc , no need to spend this much money. I use FlexiMusic WaveEditor it just US$20 which suits all your recording and editing needs. Hope it surely helps you..
    test
  6. its papi

its papi inellek my middle name

Depends on how serious you are, you could just pirate CEP and buy a Samson CO1U for like 80 bucks i think it is. I always used cool edit and my songs sound good in my car but now im going to try cubase, and see how I do with that one.
    test
  7. blitz204

blitz204 BlitzBeats.com

you dont need a mbox/pro tools! try cubase or nuendo!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.