In need of help with my poetry

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Dynam1c, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynam1c

Dynam1c New Member

Yo yall I have been trying to write poetry for a while now but i can never feel the inspiration to write any thing good, so i was wondering if someone could help me out with writing a poem so i can see the step by step things people go through to get a better understanding
    test
  2. Justin85

Justin85 True Poetical Emcee

I'll give you my insight..

well first

"Trying to write poetry"

first don't have that type of mentality "trying to write poetry" I've learned that.. when you try.. most of the time.. it's just forced material.. and that whole deal gets tiresome after awhile trust me. Don't think of writing poetry.. just write.. I would say.. get a note book.. and just start writing.. journalize.. just get the pen moving and let yourself go.. we never know as writers.. when a good poem will come out of us.. it can take a matter of a day.. days.. or even years.. just don't have that in your head of wanting to come up with a good poem.. just write... I'll speak from my own experience I have been a writer for about 6 years now and there has been plenty of times when in my head I have had the thought of wanting to come up with a GOOD poem.. and what came out when I thought that? Something that wasn't what I considered good and what I wanted.. leaving me in disapointment and stress. But just this past year I've realized that the thing to being a writer is to just write.. Just do it.. I won't forget what my creative writing class teacher said back in high school he said the most important thing to being a writer is to keep on doing it.. you can worry about the quality later.. Final thing.. good tip.. is to Read.. Read as much as you can the more you read the more you build the mind.. the more you grow with what you read.. so start reading if you haven't already. Well, hope all this helps you out.

Justin
    test
  3. Jello/Jelly

Jello/Jelly New Member

your def gonna just have to feel it. when a certain emotion comes upon you..you'll feel it. aiite?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.