in light of Chase's thread..what good advice have people given you on here?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Djay Cas, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

^ ^ ^ Yeah cuz you already made it big yourself and can tell other niggaz to stop doing what they are doing right?

Fuck outta here.
    test
  2. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

Yes I can.

Thats the the thing about giving advice. You learn who to take seriously. If you feel I don't have the judgment to speak cool. Ignore me. I won't even say I told you so. He can go right ahead and listen to the dudes calling what he's doing is good and go nowhere.
    test
  3. P R I M O

I hear where you are coming from...

Somebody's gotta be the asshole right?
    test
  4. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

Being polite is what got him in this mess in the first...Saying its sugar when its really shit isn't helping anybody...

This was my orginal point

I was just going to post this Affliction line before I say X post.

"A Yes man will have you gased like the Arco.
    Thats why I fucks with Phoenix & Cashe. Now y'all know...
    They real nigga$ if It aignt hot they tell me.
    Verse on point, Sometimes the hooks ain't catchy."

You don't want people around going yo that shit is hot all they time. You just end up like X doing the same thing wrong things for years.
    test
  5. Chris M. McGill

Chris M. McGill New Member

Not necessarily.

Check this.

My boy Urb Tactics has been producing for 11 years now.

Here's a track he made in his 8th year, in 2004:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=94416&songID=1018365

Now, of course 3 years later, he's alot better, and like T.I., has "Big Thangs Poppin"! 08 is his year. Remember that.

So, who's to say Xabition (only in his fourth year) won't progress like Urb did?
    test
  6. P R I M O

There's always room for progress...
    test
  7. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

lemme tell yall dudes somethin man.........i been at the beats 11 years......

but only been usin real equipment since 2002.........so technically, i only have 5 real years of production experience..........nobody is gonna be stale-mate for 8 years and then just get hot all the sudden.......i grew up relatively broke and aint had access to a pc until i was well outta highschool.....

so dont even try to use me as an example because it wont work........

lets not set up false hope for niggaz......
    test
  8. kojo

kojo New Member

ok, see that makes sense. only other explanation is making a beat every once in a blue moon out of boredom and not taking it seriously for a bunch of years. the first year and a half i was like that because I was more focused on the business/arrangement side of music like Quincy Jones or Dre, but figured it would be a better idea to be able to make great music on my own instead of depending on others since I was in college at the time.
    test
  9. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

I Didn"t Mean To Turn U Ooooon
    test
  10. I-ki

I-ki New Member

bury the beef and chase the cheese.
    test
  11. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

He was spittin real shit then
    test
  12. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

lol yea they would go back n forth about
    your beat is whack
    nah YOUR beat is whack
    well i jus sold it!
    show me the paypal receipt then!
    i will! its jus uh..my uh..pc is fucked up right now and cant see the internet
    test
  13. Krazyjay da Rapper

Krazyjay da Rapper I'm the best there is....

yeah. that's the great thing about being online...cause if we were all face to face with one another, we would just tell each other "That shit sound tight!!!". Because of you guys constructive critism, i've moved passed some offline cats that have been lied to for the past 10-15 years by people who tell em they tight just because they don't know how to tell em otherwise. Thank ya'll.
    test
  14. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

RROOOFFFLMAOFOAFKAOFSDFANSDJHANL!!!!

im in TEEEARS right now

u •••••• aint right lmao
    test
  15. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

fuckin wozers....

jesus....

[youtube]lnjbMtHH1H8[/youtube]
    coooold blooded...

ice water pumps thru this nigga veins
    test
  16. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Im not implying anything. Nor am I saying that my tracks are good or great I feel thats all subjectable. What I am saying is I cannot take anyone who serious who only comments negatively on anything. I have never seen u comment on anyones material in a positive way. I don't mind people telling me my tracks are bad but on the flip side tell me what you dislike about them. I'm not offended by this at first I laughed because of the way you approached it. What I can tell you is that there is some improvement and a lot of it has been made in the last couple of months. Where I am at now is understanding what makes people like the music they like and dislike the music they dislike. My tracks lack direction. My tracks to some sound confused at times. My drum selection is horrible. I remember you making the comment a few months ago about a drum kit I used on a Ciara remix sounding plastic. I didn't understand what you meant initially but right now that to me would mean that they are sterile. I would also say that the track is missing a lot of energy from over quantizing in particular on bass. There are a lot more things wrong with my tracks but I can't think of them right now. But to understand whats wrong with them is growth. I am not doing the same things I did in 2003. I am not doing the same things I did a year ago. That is growth.
    test
  17. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I dont feel he is hatin. He might be doin it to get a laugh I don't know. But if he has a issue with me what good does he do to improve it besides try to embarass me. The problem is I take empty advice (ie you suck, why do you still suck, you have not made any improvement in years) from someone 1 doesnt try to help me improve if they feel that way or 2 does it in a negative manner. i like aggressive feedback such as what he is giving i just wish it had more depth. why does it suck to you, what should i have done instead, what is good vs what is bad.
    test
  18. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

my dude nothin. dont try to pretend u r a friend of mine net or reality when we both know the fact is we havent spoke off of this website. you want to be helpful give me something i can use. im not asking you to hold my hand i wouldn't want anyone to but there is a reason why people like certain music vs why they do not. there is a lot of psycology in music. i wouldnt say i am living in a bubble either. i am aware that i have a lot of room for improvement i also realise that i am still young enough to do whatever I want to do with myself, fall on my face and try something new. Even wtih that said beats are not the focus of my life.
    test
  19. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I bought Reason 2.0 in January of 2003 before then I tampered with a eps classic and a mpc 2000 classic. I spent the better half of 2003 just trying to make basic beats and jumping back and forth between reason and fruity loops before i finally just said fuck fruity loops i couldn't stand it. I have never used anything that I dislike the way I dislike FL. I spent the better half of 2004 figuring out the innerworkings of reason. then spent 2005 on researching gear and learning synthesis. i spent most of 2006 trying to put together tracks but being unsatisfied with the final sound and said fuck it im just going to sample. This year I have spent the majority of my time figuring out mixing, remixes, and trying to force reason to sound like 80s synths and by time I got it close to where I wanted it to be I lost my idea and stopped makin a track. So does that mean Ive only been makin tracks really for a year lol. no it means i spent time bullshittin when I could have been makin tracks or i could have been spent time understanding music itself and not a bunch of technical shit. I can go on for days about technical shit but music is like driving a car. you can read books on driving all you want to if you dont get behind the wheel you really aint doin shit and dont know shit. right now im tryin to figure out shit i should have figured out in 2003. anyone that is willin to throw some tips at me feel free but im not a quitter especially when i know i am capable of learning
    test
  20. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

And the people I take seriously don't always tell me my shit is hot. I know not to take them seriously. I don't even ask for feedback on beats that I like. I always ask on the ones that I am unsure about just to see if my head is in the right place or maybe even to get an idea of how to change it and improve what I am doing. I agree you need someone to tell you what you are doing wrong because if you don't have anyone doin that you will do the same things wrong over and over again without knowing. Thats with anything in life. Thats why sports have coaches. If you have a bad jump shot your coach helps you improve on it. If you don't get better he helped u and u just didnt get better. I dont get that kind of feedback here. I figure it out on my own later. I'm sure if I had figured that out sooner I would have progressed faster.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.