IN A COMPLETE CONSPIRACY ACT, STEVE NASH TO "WIN" NBA MVP..

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by style-rip, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2422255

nba is racist

PHOENIX -- Steve Nash will win his second straight NBA Most Valuable Player award, according to reports on several area newspapers.

The announcement may not come for two weeks, according to the Arizona Republic. But the paper, and others, report that the voting shows Nash edging LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Chauncey Billups and Kobe Bryant for the MVP.

This season, Nash had career-highs in points (18.8 points per game), rebounds (4.2 per game), field goal percentage (51.2 percent) and free throw percentage (92.1 percent -- best in the league). He was also the league-leader in assists (10.5) and shot nearly 50 percent from three-point range.

The Suns are currently playing the Los Angeles Lakers in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs, and Kobe Bryant will be on a mission to destroy the opposition and perhaps steal that shine from the NBA's most undeserving MVP.

A year ago, Nash edged Shaquille O'Neal in what was the fourth-closest balloting in history.
    test
  2. TimmayB

TimmayB Stay Up.

Travesty. How this award does not go to LeBron or Kobe is beyond me.

Nash is a great player, but very overrated.
    test
  3. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

^^^ Not overrated in the least, seeing as how he led the league in assists, free throw percentage, and 3pt fg percentage, as well as being the suns leader.

That being said, I don't believe he deserves that mvp. Personally I would've given it to Lebron/Kobe. Maybe Co-MVP's because what they did > What Nash has done.
    test
  4. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

people who are smarter and more informed in the world of basketball than anyone who has or will post in this thread have voted for steve nash.

And to imply that the outcome was somehow driven by racism or lack of knowledge in the subject is retarded.

u kobe fans are fuckin jerks plain and simple, just like him.

steve nash = your back-to-back MVP

chew on it, does it taste good, laker fan?
    test
  5. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

I'm a kobe fan, and admit steve nash deserves it.

ugly gremlin looking bastard.
    test
  6. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

fuck no he didnt deserve it..

wow people need to stop overrating what he did.

2 time mvp my ass he didnt deserve either one.
    test
  7. Bash

Bash New Member

Lebron and Kobe deserved it way more than Nash did the nba is racist they need a white superstar badly dats why Nash won it
    test
  8. DrMoses

DrMoses New Member

You fags need to get Kobe and Bron's nuts off your damn lips.

Nash and company lose Amare and dont skip a beat. That's bigger than anything the other two did.

More importantly, you saw how bad Pheonix is without Nash.

You know, you want to make this crap about race? Well the fact is, if Steve Nash was black, half you kids would be gobblin' his balls on the daily too...

You kids are retarded. The NBA needs a white superstar? Why? The league is in no danger. The league markets it's athletes no matter the color and they are well received. Lotta' white Bron fans out there. You fags are jokes. Anything to blame it on race.
    test
  9. Iceodu921

and how would the lakers be without kobe..

or cavs without bron.

even without amare nash still has a better cast than both of them.
    test
  10. DrMoses

DrMoses New Member

You're stupid...

Gooden and Ilgauskus plus Hughes... Yeah they blow?

I would agreee that the Laker supporting cast is no better than Pheonix. Pheonix was a better team though so give Nash the MVP nod there.
    test
  11. ILLnSkILLz

ILLnSkILLz New Member

lol @ racist. If anything lebron was probly neck n neck with nash. Kobe probly a distant 3rd or 4th.

You lose amare, the same player they said "made Nash" because of his ability to finish. Nash just proved that whole idea wrong.

Marion is his only STAR cast. Lebron has ilgauskas n hughes, kobe has odom. Odom is matching up just fine with marion. Nash took a bunch of nobodies and marion to the 2nd seed of the playoffs and will probly go through 2 or 3 rounds, lebron will get maybe 1, kobe wont get through any. And without nash, they lost to lowly lakers by 20... which is just plain sad.
    test
  12. ILLnSkILLz

ILLnSkILLz New Member

and lol @ style adding
    "and Kobe Bryant will be on a mission to destroy the opposition and perhaps steal that shine from the NBA's most undeserving MVP"

Your such an idiot. lol

Yes Kobe gonna try n do that n gonna lose even worse because of it, giving even more evidence to nash being mvp
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Thank you.

I've been saying for months that I didn't have a problem with Nash winning it- but LeBron should definetly beat out any other swingman if that's what it comes down to (Kobe might still finish ahead of him in voting).

Kobe, as you said, is a distant 3rd or 4th in my eyes as well.

Everyone "wanted" LeBron or Kobe to win this year, just like everyone "wanted" Shaquille O' Neal last year. It'll be another controversy to talk about for the next 365 days...
    test
  14. Iceodu921

you dont watch ball do you...

gooden is a good rebounder and is too inconsisent to call good. hughes was hurt for a good stretch of the season. the suns have way more talent than the cavs....

back on subject its a shame that dirk and elton dont get more credit.

dirk imo was the mvp although i wouldnt have a problem with kobe or bron taking it.
    nash finishes 5th for me.
    test
  15. ThugEverlassin

ThugEverlassin Frum Da Streetz'a PB

I was thinking, watching the mavs the other day...

yeah, why isn't Dirk in talks of MVP?

He's underrated all around. Can put up 50 pts on occasion but isn't talked about widely as an offensive threat... i dont get it.
    test
  16. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

how in earth is Dirk the mvp? how? it's irrational. he's like 3rd or 4th cadndiate at best. AT BEST.

i think what went down with this and that a lot of the sports writers said "lebron was great, but he is going to have plenty chances to be mvp in the FUTURE." it's terrible logic, but i know that many sports writers think that way of lebron, and the race was clearly between lebron & nash. all other candidates were a distant 3rd.

lebron shoulda won it in my book. if children can be tried for murder as adults, lebron should be given mvp as an adult! just desserts bitch!
    test
  17. DrMoses

DrMoses New Member

Who cares? Ilgauskus is still better than every other Sun.

Hurt or not, when Larry came back, he was sick.

Furthermore, despite Gooden's inconsistencies, he is still better that any other Sun.
    test
  18. ThugEverlassin

ThugEverlassin Frum Da Streetz'a PB

lol @ the race being between lebron and nash.

Nash
    Kobe
    Wade/Lebron

like that.
    test
  19. WallaB33z

WallaB33z Power To The People

Well I hope anyone wasn't suprised.

There's nothing Nash did in the past year that Kidd didn't do in leading the Nets to back-to-back finals appearances. It was Billups or Lebron in my opinion. I find it eerie that when Jordan won the MVP in 87-88 he averaged 35/5.5/5.9 on a 50-32 team 2nd in their division (LeBron??).

But then again we're dealing with the redefintion of this award to fit our agendas.
    test
  20. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Marion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gooden and Illgauskas

Marion > Cavs (except LeBron)

Cavs have no all stars, except Z who went last year and once in 03.

And Hughes missed 45 games, but he was really only effective for the first 28 before his injury. He wasn't "sick" when he came back, you're watching some other league. His finger is still swollen, he's playing at 80%... and I believe he only has one or two games where he scored over 20 points since his return.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.