iMPACT! Spoilers for Thursday Return

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by masterragu, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diasick

Diasick this guy

he finally won on raw btw.. this will work wonders for a character that he otherwise wouldn't have, this will give him the confidence he needs to start winning now.
    test
  2. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

With good character development, things that happen in the past and present will effect the future of the character. Now this might not be present in wrestling so much as it is in episodic television. Such as shows like the Sopranos, etc...

Wrestling though is more like the Simpsons or Family Guy I guess. There is no future essentially, the character development stops at a certain point basically and they are that character for the duration of the series. Or in wrestling till whenever they get repackaged.

However you can't say that the wins and losses don't change a persons view of the character because you are basing it off your own opinion. Now another person might see Danniel Bryan as this underdog now or they might have seen Christian as a weak bitch. But that does play into some people's view of the CHARACTER, not the PERSON.
    test
  3. Diasick

Diasick this guy

well yes but if this was something like mma losses would mean shit even tho i hate bringing mma up, but i doubht wins losses means anything to anyone who knows a bit about wrestling, i wouldn't even discredit someone because of wins / losses in MMA maybe im just not biased like you :)

but like in hourse racing.. the way they do the odds is based on win/loss record, wins/losses don't win races, the hourse dose. (even tho people think the trainers do)
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

So if John Cena held the WWE Championship for 5 years straight without a single loss, and then lost it one day against the newest big superstar to take the reigns.... then left WWE and went to TNA and lost to a jobber it wouldn't do anything for that jobber's career?

Well, maybe in TNA land where they would make the victory completely meaningless by having that jobber get beat by a Chavo Guerrero the next week.
    test
  5. Diasick

Diasick this guy

it won't do anything for them in the long run, maybe for that storyline but after thats done, everyone pretty much forgets about there losses and still thinks of them the same way. cena's career is already to the point where if you beat him some will think more of you.. but it will not last long... its seems sense sheamus won the title he has lost my interest, and when he lost it, i still thought the same way, i will still think of him the same way if he beats cena, cena's career is already to the point where if you beat him it will do something for your career, but in the long run?

how many times has eddie Guerrero lost to rey mysterio, and in his prime he was considered the best wrestler.
    test
  6. Nam Dekan

Rey was also considered one the best...Whats your point with that comparison?
    test
  7. Diasick

Diasick this guy

you was talking about people loosing to midgets
    test
  8. Nam Dekan

Hornswoggle is a midget, Rey is just a short guy. But I think get what your trying to do, trying to make a funny...
    test
  9. Diasick

Diasick this guy

when mysterio started i heard they was going to put him in the midget devision
    test
  10. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

The future will always be dictated by the powers that be... however... you would never forget the day that Cena lost to a some jobber after 5 long years of successfully defending the title.

I still remember when the Quebeccers were tag team champions and lost to two jobbers. The more absurd the outcome, the harder it is to wipe away from a person's memory. Ask Terry Taylor how hard it is wipe away an absurd past in the wrestling business. He's always willing to tell the story of how he was only the Red Rooster for 3 months and nobody has ever forgot about it. It doesn't matter where he goes, people will chant Rooster at him.

Montreal never forgot the Screwjob. That directly affected Shawn Michaels' character every time they went to Montreal whether he was a babyface or a heel. It's the absurdity of the situation that makes us remember it. And it does have an effect.

And Chavo Guerrero losing to a midget has a direct impact on how people view Chavo Guerrero as a character... which is really what this whole argument is all about.

They can make Chavo a U.S. champion or Intercontinental champion or whatever, but he's still the guy who got beat by a midget. People might stop complaining as it becomes less relevant to what is going on, but that doesn't stop people from remembering back to when Chavo had a losing streak against little Horny. And remembering those things doesn't people view Chavo Guerrero's character as a legit champion. It makes the writing look bad.
    test
  11. Diasick

Diasick this guy

how many times did dusty rhodes lose to a midget lol?
    test
  12. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

test
  13. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Hopefully he didn't lose to as many midgets as there were big yellow polkadots on his XXL attire?
    test
  14. Diasick

Diasick this guy

sadly that was in style back then
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.