iMPACT! Spoilers for Thursday Return

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by masterragu, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diasick

Diasick this guy

i don't agree or disagree with you, i don't agree with them putting the titles on them, a tag team would gain nothing from beating the band because there dinosaurs and no longer relevant in the wrestling business. never said i was a jesse neal fan or ever even considered him as a wrestller, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense to give it to his team than to hand it to kevin nash and hall just because they are legends and can't get the world title, the band just doesn't do it for me, its old, stale, played out. if your going to give those to any titles at all it has to be the world title, if i was a wrestler who had there experience it would be a slap in the face to give me the tag titles, instead of your most prestigious one, clearly the writers rushed this, because i see no reason why someone would give the band the tag titles, i thought it was fucking stupid when wwe gave dx the titles to. im not in favor of giving washed up dudes world title shots, but if you don't give them world titles don't give them anything, because giving them titles that could be used to build up newer characters is just absurd to me.
    test
  2. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

They would get a rub from beating them based on name alone. Morgan loosing to Ink Inc makes no sense, it would hurt Morgan to loose to two jobbers. If they wanted to get the titles off Morgan then it was fine. I see the Band as being transitional champs. Morgan has more to loose then the Band. So you wanting to see him drop the titles to Ink Inc is just stupid.
    test
  3. Diasick

Diasick this guy

shit they could give the titles to taz and mike tenay and it would make better sense than the band having them
    test
  4. Diasick

Diasick this guy

not really.. wins don't really mean shit, a guy like chris jericho could lose to an NXT rookie 20 times consecutively and it wouldn't do anything negative or positive for his or the other dudes career. hell they could repackage chavo and make him mean something and i can't even remember the last time he won a match.
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

that's Jericho though not Matt Morgan, and a NXT rookie is 20 steps up from Jesse Neal. So your saying though if Hornswoggle beat Randy Orton cleanly 20 times in a row, it wouldn't effect how people see him? If a midget beats him 20 straight times people will still see him the same.
    test
  6. Diasick

Diasick this guy

exacly, if kevin nash and hall never win a title again people still still see them the same, it wont do shit for randys career or even hornswaggles career if horny beat him 20 times in a roll....imo it aint the wins/losses its who outshined the other guy in the match. idunno man, titles used to mean shit back in the day, it isn't even going to do shit for swaggers career being the world champ.
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

Getting beat by a midget will affect the character. See Chavo, your telling me people didn't see Chavo as some kind of joke after that shit with Hornswoggle? When Swagger won the title, there were people who wondered how the fuck did this guy get the title when his last meaningful feud was with a midget. There are fans who see an upcoming person with a victory over a name as positive. Hell the Band gave the MCMG the rub last week, Sabin and Shelley dominated them. Them doing that to the Band is more meaningful then them doing it to Ink Inc.

You said yourself that titles don't mean shit, if that's case why do you think it will do something for somebody then if they don't matter? If they don't matter why do you care who has the title?
    test
  8. Diasick

Diasick this guy

if they build chavo up to where he's winning more matches then no those losses will not effect him, and he could always blame it on the guest host, and that only made him more entertaining as a heel imo. i don't care who has the titles, but if your going to give someone who has nash's experience a title, it has to be a world title, fuck the legends and tag titles, im not in favor of giving washed up 50 year olds titles, but to give them a title thats not significant makes it less significant, im a nash fan dont get me wrong, he just doesn't deserve the world title, and there just giving him the tag titles to keep him happy even tho i doubt he could careless about a tag title or a world title for that matter, i doubt any of the wrestlers care about titles.. all they care about is money lol
    test
  9. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i think nam wants 2 hit gut with a chair shot right about now
    test
  10. Nam Dekan

Dude now your reaching that losses to a joke won't affect the looser or let alone a lengthy feud with a joke.
    test
  11. Diasick

Diasick this guy

no it won't......

people still think of chavo the same way

they did there job by pulling you into the storyline if you think anything less of chavo.
    test
  12. Nam Dekan

i call bullshit, if any man gets beat by a midget, in the world of wrestling or in real life then you will think less of him as a person. A midget for gods sake! Your just being silly now, you silly silly silly man

If my friend got beat down by a midget I would loose all respect for him and call him a pussy and continually laugh at him and mock him.
    test
  13. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I saw Chavo as a joke even when they tried to give him a push in La Familia, so no harm no foul. But I agree that getting beat by a midget still affects his character.
    test
  14. Diasick

Diasick this guy

not in the wrestling business, you could lose to a fly and be on top the next day, you forgetting that this is not real and pre determined
    test
  15. Nam Dekan

yes but it's the character! It's out of character! It's not about if you think the guy is tough and strong. But if you got Randy Orton whose character is this insane head punting ruthless guy then getting beat by a fun loving midget 20 straight times will affect how the viewer perceives his character.

The same goes for television shows and movies. If you got a serious action movie and your hero gets fucked up by a baby then it's hard for the audience to believe he could beat a bad ass villain.

That's the point, it's about the character being believable, and the audience buying it. Certain things are done to develop said character for the audience to portray the character a certain way.

Yes people know it's pre determined, thus a win or loss will not affect the wrestler unless it's a total break from the character. Thus Randy Orton loosing 20 times clean to a midget is a break from his character and not make his character work. Now if the midget pulls some shenanigans one time and gets the pin, and his retaliation is by punting the midget and throwing him a through wall redeems his character.

It's all about knowing how to write and develop characters and understanding the basics of screen writing.
    test
  16. Diasick

Diasick this guy

no ones going to care about chavo's losses to hornswaggle if they where to hypothetically push chavo to the main event scene, because he could always blame it on the guest host, and i think a heel or even a babyface could get away with loosing, cena could lose to bre bella and still be thought of the same way.
    test
  17. Nam Dekan

It's not being argued how the person will be viewed but the presentation of the character. Once the character is damaged or has just come off poorly then the person can take time off and be repackaged most times. Like Matt Morgan, had the dumb stuttering gimmick but went away for awhile, reappeared and he become fairly popular you could say. It's all about the character. Your talking about something completely different and I have no idea anymore what your even talking about.

Pay attention to character development in movie and television writing and you will understand.
    test
  18. Diasick

Diasick this guy

i understand all that but wins and losses have nothing to do with character dev in the wrestling business it has more to do with personality and shit like that. and if your a heel bullshit losses can easily expand your personality as a heel. would you seriously think cena is anything less of a shitstain than he already is if he was to lose to bre bella?
    test
  19. Nam Dekan

Umm yes it does. Goldberg for example, his character was an unstopable monster and this character was developed through his undefeated streak. The more he won, the more the character was seen as unstoppable. Or a lovable loser, the losses are a part of the streak, or the underdog who seemingly has no chance in hell like Rey Misterio. When he won the title that was a part of his characters gimmick.

Yes a heel can loose but he has to keep with the character such as if Orton had a bullshit loss to Hornswoggle, it would be apart of his character to punt him around the ring thus keeping with the character and gaining heat in the process. Out of character would be having him cry about it and eat a turkey sandwich and go watch He's Just Not That Into You. What the character does after or how they win and loose is apart of that character.

Everything plays into character development.
    test
  20. Diasick

Diasick this guy

right but its not going to effect any future character development at all.. thats why they call it character development.. remember when christain was loosing every week and had this gimmic where he would start crying in the ring? that didn't stop what people thought of him in the first place, the people thought of his character the same way.. same shit when mvp was loosing every week. same shit with daniel bryan, you think i think anything less of brian danielson after all them losses?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.