"I'm tired of hearing about Fedor Emelianenko" - Brock Lesnar

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by SeeSon, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

test
  2. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I dont know, but I'm with him on being tired of hearing about that chubby fucker.

He's like the Deron Williams of MMA. Nobody knows how he's good...he looks like the average joe could beat him, but he never loses.
    test
  3. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i sense some hostility
    test
  4. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

If brock wants to keep his arms, he wont fight fedor.

Fedor would end brock in the first round.
    test
  5. Newportz

Newportz Guest

"Nobody knows how he's good."

Th' fuck does this mean?

it's obvious why he's good...He's the most complete fighter in the world...His ground game is phenomenal, his takedown/takedown defense is incredible, his stand-up is top tier....

He's complete....In a time where fighters are still evolving into a more complete competitor, Fedor is already there....he's been there..

He's what the fight game will be in 5-6 years....but he's been at that level for the past 7-8...

It's the reason one dimensional fighters like Tito have become nothing but pitiful journeymen..
    test
  6. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

lmao

i dont even follow ufc shit but i watch fedor's fights

dude is unreal seriously... any fight of his is funny & embarassing... its actually kind of weird this guy can beat the shit out of anyone, badly @ that.... hes literally superhero status.

i saw him handle the previous ufc champion in under 40 seconds

btw, typical @ rippy hating on him, saying he could do the same shit... smh
    test
  7. Newportz

Newportz Guest

Listen, I understand a lot of mainstream attention has been cast over the sport since the UFC has become more prominent in the MMA world...

But if you haven't been watching since the days of bare knuckle Vale Tudo, and the early PRIDE and UFC days, you really don't understand where this sport has been and how far it's evolved...

Fedor is just a product of where this sport will be in a few years...

If you had caught matches where he brutally beat the fuck out of Heath Herring during Heath's prime and saw him stomp out Big Nog when he was considered invincible you'd understand...

Watching it now wouldn't do it justice....You see where these fighters are at now and cast judgment....heath is a shell of what he was...Nog just looks flat out old....even though he carries the UFC hardware...

Fedor is a world class Sambo champion who has no legitimate losses on his record...He has been fuck near perfect...

and you have to remember....The guy could actually legitimately cut down to Light Heavyweight...He's not ripped, if you saw his training regime, it's sort of militant and old fashioned( kettleballs, pull ups, pushups, distance running, etc.).

But he is the best this sport has ever seen. That's why fans flock to his nuts like he's the messiah.
    test
  8. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I disagree with your assessment. How is Fedor years ahead of everyone else? He is just better than everyone else. There are several guys that are just as well rounded: GSP, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Uriah Faber. I don't see how any of those guys are incomplete fighters. They are all well rounded, with good striking, good jits, and good take down defense. Also, I disagree with you about the Pride guys like Herring. Herring isn't a shell of his former self. Pride never tested for steroids. That is why many of their guys look like shells of their former selfs because they had to actually fight clean in the UFC. I believe not taking steroids is the reason Shogun got his ho card pulled by Forrest. There is no way you go from being a fuckin monster to getting owned by Forrest Griffin.
    test
  9. Newportz

Newportz Guest

"Herring isn't a shell of his former self. Pride never tested for steroids. That is why many of their guys look like shells of their former selfs"

Uhhh..

Steroids or not...He's not what he used to be...If he was twice as good on the juice as he is now, then he's a shell of his former self....Not to mention, 40 fights just might.....just maybe.....wear a fighter down.

There isn't a fighter that you named that hasn't taken an L..

GSP is the closest fighter in terms of being complete. He's rapidly improving every time I see him..

Anderson is sick, but most of it's attributed to his lights out stand-up....He's been caught twice by fighters that are not on his level...

BJ's one of my favorite fighters...But are we really comparing a BJJ wiz with a Samoan jaw to Fedor? When Fedor gets caught in a crucifix by Kevin Randleman, we'll talk about their similarities..

Faber needs more then Pulver on his resume before we start talking about him being as complete as fedor....His wrestling is top notch, but he loads up on one hand the whole night....
    test
  10. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Fedor's a beast, but I'm not convinced Afflictions doomed until it happens.

Brock couldn't handle a guy so well-versed in submissions. Nog would whoop his ass.
    test
  11. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Ha. Goodbye you Gomer Pyle from Full Metal Jacket looking motherfucker:

[​IMG]
    test
  12. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I honestly disagree. Nog has looked real shaky his last few performances. I think Brock will win the UFC belt and Dana White is banking that right around the time Brock wins the UFC belt he can get Fedor to fight in the UFC. Talk about a mega fight.
    test
  13. Newportz

Newportz Guest

I don't know if Nog could handle the beating before working in the sub...

He's taken soooo many punches on the ground...His jaw is unreal...

I'd love to see him pull out the win though....The win over Crocop who was fucking murdering him still ranks as one of my favorite endings of all time....

He never quits..
    test
  14. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Yeah, there is the possibility that Brock could finish him off quick. I'm not impressed with Brock's finishing ability right now, though, which is why I'd go with Nog unless I see improvement in his bout with Couture. The guy hits like Heihachi from Tekken but doesn't seem to be able to ground and pound as well as a wrestler should.

My opinion is that he really needs to visit a credible camp. Milotich and Hammer House come to mind for wrestling.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.