I'm taking up painting

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by KOzS, Aug 22, 2013.

1. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Inspired by Data from Star Trek. One thing I admire about the Star Trek bridge officers is that they are balanced. They have their main duties which are usually scientific, then in their personal lives, usually some art form. I have school, but there's no artistic balance.

So, I've hung a 15" x 20" illustration board on my bedroom wall, and as the days go by, I will slowly add to it. I work at a paint store, so when I see good colours in the mistints, I'll take a jar-full home.

I'll hang another larger illustration board in the den for guests to paint. Once that's done, I will have an artwork produced by people who've been in my house. I know I'm risking a giant boobies and penis painting. So be it.

When I lived at home, I had my garage set up with video games, tv, and internet; and that's where we all hung out because you could smoke. Back then, I had a guestbook for my friends to sign in and leave a message. Some of those friends have since died, and now that guestbook is one of my most valued possessions. I'm hoping the same for this painting.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. billy nomates.

billy nomates. rain cancels play.

not to switch tracks but i really want to do what bartlebooth did in life; a users manual. or even valene? valane? with the painting of the whole house.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

great idea man

i love painting both digitally and watercolors. I find its one of the most relaxing things to do.

i have many artist friends who have adopted a similar "guestbook" type things for their studios. One of my good friends has multicolored string. And everyone new who comes in she gets to add to the web on the studio wall, she offers pegs too so you can wrap them and loop them and create complex designs... at first it looked like nothing. Now its beautiful.
    test
  4. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

I commend you for taking charge of your life and expanding your horizons.
    test
  5. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Reminds me of School of Athens. Where each person has their own story.

Knot bad!

Seriously, the collaborative effort is great. You can always look back and remember the nights creating it.

I'm not such a worthless jackass after all, eh.
    test
  6. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

decent idea.

pics would be appreciated.
    test
  7. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

let's paint the art of war.

see who draw quicker.

:numaan:
    test
  8. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

I don't know...i'm a pretty quick draw.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Don't worry abut pics from me. I want to see pics from you.
    test