I'm somewhat disappoint with the realm

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Johnnie French, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnie French

Johnnie French Voodooradio.podomatic.com

I see alot of poems drifting pass the main screen alot of times with 2 or 3 sometimes 4 responses. I know everyone has their favprote poets they want to read and enjoy to read, BUT... these folks may not be ya fav may have a hot poem. There's always alot of "yeah this is hot" "nice poem", so those without the good poems get overlooked or those with lesser names. Ya'll should try to have a goal (ALL POETS) to try to atleast get every poem up to 5 responses even if you gotta pass on ya fav poet. Sometimes I get the feel over the years people just get overlooked cause they are new and have to keep re upping to get noticed and that shouldn't be the case. Try to go out and peep 2 or 3 new poets when you come in cause frankly I don't know most of ya'll that well really. I can say and I have said I don't come in here much but to occasionally post a poem and to peep poems folks ask me too. I'll try to work on that too. So here's a tip spread the love and help teach, critique, suggest, etc... just give everyone love. Ya dig?
    test
  2. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

I agree

should make it so that EVERY poet gets at least 5 responses...old or new
    test
  3. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

Good tip, but nothing we could make a rule. I had the same problem when I first started posting here. You gotta make a name for yourself, and at the same time, I haven't been in the realm consistently for awhile now. So the responding to other people's pieces does have alot to do with it. Basically, every poet decides how their pieces are dealt with. I can handle posting a piece and getting 2 responses.

Because I'll look at the times it was viewed, and it's anywhere from 30-50. if my piece was read almost that much. That's cool....
    test
  4. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

^^^^^!!!!!

Different day, same shit.

It aint all about people going and replying to their favorite poets. Some people just don't know how to reply period. People are always complaining about people getting slept on and shit. Then they go and reply to the poems at the top of the damn page. The poems that are getting slept on are always at the bottom of the page. I think I'm the only person in here who starts from the bottom up. I never respond to a poem that has just been posted.

And for the last time, we can't make rules forces people to reply. All that's gonna do is run people out of the realm just like the 3 reply rule did and just like the pay it foward shit did. Any rule we ever had that somewhat enforced people to reply to poems only ran people out. And the only thing you saw was "dope piece man!"

Can't force nobody to reply.
    test
  5. Johnnie French

That's the thing this is a community you shouldn't HAVE to make a name. We should be embracing EVERYONE. We are here to share/post yes but also some folks like me want feedback want critiques. Everyone is here to grow and become a better poet and to showcase their work. That's the deal don't need to force a reply rule I'm just raising the awareness ya dig?
    test
  6. screamer

screamer New Member

I have heard all this before...
    test
  7. Johnnie French

Heard it all before but are you doing something about it. You know if someone checks their poem and they have a 0 they may never want to post again. You know screamer you could be that one person to bring them back and they could be king of the realm someday it boils down to something that small and minute.
    test
  8. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

i always try to do it for the new members
    but some of them seem to be focused on themselves
    they got to put in replies as well
    and if someone has the courtesy to critique your poem
    you should look out for them and return the favor...
    that simple
    test
  9. Johnnie French

that's true still we need to be more warm and embracing.
    test
  10. ~Eloquent

yea i agree with that...
    im not around that often at this moment though..
    test
  11. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

Starting from the bottom up is a good idea Soul..I'll hafta give that a go. I try to get the ones with 0 or 1 responses first.

I notice a lot of times those seems to be poems that are overlooked b/c they are from new(er) poets or the quality isn't all that great. Those are the people who need responses the most.
    test
  12. Johnnie French

Thank you LaLa that's kinda what I was getting at!! Plus you want them to return and come back and feel wanted and feel like they are a part!!! I just want what happens to me sometimes (even now) to happen to others who are new.
    test
  13. ~Eloquent

instead of constantly uppin their poems after every single reply they get they need to look to keep the realm flowing and giving others some looks and replies also...
    thats the only way it would keep flowin
    and i hate it when people say theyve been slept on after someone takes time out to give them a reply
    show some appreciation,cuz some of us do remember...

anyways :ghost:
    test
  14. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

hell make a read three and respond before you post rule.
    test
  15. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

hell make a read three and respond before you post rule.
    test
  16. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

^^There has been rules like that in the past, I believe. I'm assuming they were removed b/c they weren't working out or some other good reason.
    test
  17. Dexter Unitas

Dexter Unitas New Member

my only complaint with the poetry realm..

i think people should start writing more about things they actually know.

with that being said, i expect a 15 line sonnet from johnnie french on the topic of being too fat to get laid.
    test
  18. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

Join the PTL

and i dont mod anymore so u can vote however u want jf
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.