I'm sick of eating clean

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Steve Schade, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

you could always just stick with the AD for bulking, you dont have to get to 15% over target bw as the book suggests, you can just gradually increase your calories and then youll be putting on muscle anyway and wont lose nearly as much when you cut and you also wont have to cut nearly as much.

i plan on bulking too, but only to gain about 5-10 pounds of muscle. i think my choice to go strait from maintenance to cutting was a great choice because when i started this diet, through the 12 day (well i did it more like 3 weeks) metabolic transition alone i lost close to 10 lbs, and then i stayed @ maintenance and went strait to cutting which only lasted about 3 weeks but it gave me a glimpse at what i really needed to improve...plus my body is kinda telling me its had enough of the cutting anyway.

i'll keep the pace a little slow and steady at first, just eating a little more than usual, kinda going a little looser and see how that goes, if it comes down to it i am quite confident in my appetite and fast metabolism to easily handle 4,000+ calories a day...plus its not hard to cook everything in butter lol.
    test
  2. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I just look at eating as work. Like if I eat junk, or miss a meal "how much work am I going to have to do". It kind of helps put things in perspective for me. It depends on what you define cheating, or else I'm a very disciplined eater. I drink maybe one cup of pop a day at work. I might have a cookie too. But other than that, I basically eat meat, a potato (or rice) and broccoli. I go easy on carbs except pre and post workout. I don't drink anything beside water when I'm not at work.

Now I'm not saying I don't cheat though, cause on my brothers birthday (09/16) we had one of those Dairy Queen Ice Cream cakes. Boy, was that thing good. It had ice cream, chocolate, fudge, and caramel. Was that shit good. I had three pieces. LMAO, but then afterwards, I was thinking "man, I ate too much of it". I was feeling all remorseful, but put another one of those in front of me again like in a month and I'm maxing again. That was the last time I cheated though, about a half a month ago.
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

^i was talking to a co-worker earlier today and he said the same thing about he just looks at food as "work hes got to do" thats a good way to put it. I on the other hand look at food purely as math and fuel. i mean i look at something and its like the matrix, all i see is numbers lol..well its not thaaat serious but lately ive just been eating according to my gut, monday ill put things back in order with the calorie counting.

you also learn what works and what doesnt by experience. i learned bologna, salami, and cheese are not good things to eat before a run. i also learned that eating too much sugar and processed junk shit will make you look and feel like shit -and theres a lot of things on that list you probaly wouldnt suspect.

overall nutrition is the foundation of a healthy lifestyle. the right foods can either put you 10 steps ahead or 10 steps behind. muscle growth, energy, mood, skin, you name it and the right food and supplements will improve, but if you make the wrong choices you can also inflcit a lot of negative effects.
    test
  4. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

all i know is i have 12 hours to lose just over 3 pounds...not eating the food is the work for me. i am way passed starving, this fucking sucks. i cant eat shit for the rest of the night and i have had about 15 ghost shits today, im all shitted out. i had to complain to someone, im so fucking cranky right now.
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

im sure youll be able to do it, just hang in there dude and get some sleep, the body seems to dehydrate itself..or atleast it looks that way when ya wake up in the mornin.
    test
  6. Gorilla Nasty

Cutting for a fight?
    test
  7. Ben Official

Man... I HATE cutting weight. Last night I was still 3 pounds over and so I couldnt eat shit. Then I woke up and couldnt eat because I couldn't afford to gain the weight. Then I got to the tournament and by the time we got there my fight bracket was coming up in like 20 minutes. I weighed in and was exhausted, starving, and had no energy. I thought I would have at least 2-3 hours before my fight started but for once the tournament ran on time.

So right after weighing in, I devoured 2 power bars, some trail mix, and 2 bananas as fast as I could. BAD IDEA but I really had no choice, I couldnt fight on an empty stomach, especially after cutting all that weight. I had to get something in my stomach though and I felt like I needed that at the time.

Anyways, I won my first 3 fights, then before the championship match I got super fucking nauseous and had to run to the bathroom where I puked ALL over the place, haha. I was like fuuuuuuuuck, I knew I wouldnt be able to fight after puking that much, I was super dizzy and light headed and I walked back out thinking I would have to forfeit. Then I was like fuck it, I'll fight and just try to get through it without puking.

Well, I ended up beating him, lol and I took first place. YEA BOY!

Thats the first tournament I went to that actually ran on time. Its not un common for me to wait 8+ hours for the fight to start. I had no choice but to eat, but I definitely shouldn't have eaten all of what I did. But I'm happy with the results, to say the least
    test
  8. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

yeah Ive got one of those stupid ass body structures. I lose muslce mass VERY slowly and I hit a brick wall plateu (I know more about weightlifting than most ppl I dont need lectures on how to overcome plateus). Long story short I wasn't getting bigger no matter what (I was eating 4000 calories a day every day for weeks and wasn't gaining a single pound). My original plan was to just lay off the weights for awhile as an aid to overcoming the plateu.....that turned into saying fuck it all together.

lol naw I wish, Im an ectomorph (built skin and bones by nature). I couldnt get overweight if my life depended on it.

Do a backtrack of some of my posts a few months back (can u even search on here yet..they need to fix that damn thing?) I was criticized by some ppl on here for working out TOO HARD during my routines. Telling me it was bad for me to workout to the point where I could barely crawl out of the gym.....My will and intensity wasnt the prob trust me.

My diet was almost perfect to the point where I would literally NOT go out and do stuff or leave early from events in order to meet my "Eat every 2 hour on the dot" deadline.

I drank too much water, not because of my workout diet but because I just drink ALOT of water.....Ive got cottonmouth I think and water is all I drink besides milk. I would ingest around 2 gallons of water a day. Ppl were always askin me if I was prepping for drug tests and shit lol.

Oh well Im back on my workout plan and I started my first day back with the exact same max's and shit as I had the day I stopped 3 1/2 months before....Some things "Just don't seem right" man but I guess Im just weird lol.
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

word, that shit is rough i do the same thing. i just try to pack food with me whenever possible or hopefully theres a place nearby i can grab some grub. but my diet its harder to do that than suggested, like i go to BK 5 burgers, throw out everything except the patty...feels like i just ate a handful of peanuts.
    test
  10. Gorilla Nasty

How much do you guys seriously eat? Some of you are too much. I go to BK, buy a chicken sandwich with lettuce, onions and tomatoes. And that's one meal, bread and all. Has the protein, carbs and vegetables. Though it's a skimpy serving of vegetables.

Seriously LilBurna- 4000 calories? Unless you're tall and muscular already, that's an awful lot of calories. I 'd bet you're putting on fat faster than muscle. I'd go with 3000 calories in 5 meals and add a shake or two in between. I'm very skeptical that anybody of average size would need more than that per day.
    test
  11. XxLiLBuRnAxX

That was my whole point. I ate ungodly amounts of food and took in wayy more calories than I needed and didnt gain a pound. Im an ectomorph I can eat whatever i please and not gain weight. If i wanna gain weight i gotta eat healthy and lift weights...can't do it by eating junk because my body simply doesn't put on fat.
    test
  12. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I should be taking in around 4,000-5,000 calories and I usually take in around 4,000. At 6'3 and only 185lbs, it isn't anywhere near overkill.
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

i dont know how much im eating anymore, i stopped counting calories..even carbs..although i keep account in my head for the carbs...damn i gotta start countin carbs again lol. i know im not going above 30 or 40 so im all set, but yeah i gotta start trackin that shit before i fuck up.

like i said, im not counting calories but im trying to gain a lot of muscle right now so i just eat until im satisfied which is pretty hard to do, i would say im eating somewhere in the 3800-4000 calorie range if not higher, and more on weekends.
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

ok nvm that 3800-4000 cals, i seriously think im eating close to 5,000 calories a day. this is what i had for breakfast(and ill be having 5 more like it)

4 slices of bacon
    2 1/2 large ground chuck patties
    5 jumbo eggs fried in butter
    2 servings of unsalted peanuts

im still fucking starving too...ya boy is gonna be swooooooooole hahaha

im tellin yall, powerlifts, powerlifts, powerlifts, make you strong like bull eat like man

and yes ill be eating 5 more meals just like those, plus my 20 fish oil caps and 3 servings flax seed oil

oh after i posted this i ran back to my kitchen grabbed some more peanuts and ate 2 raw eggs...then ran off to school with my lunchbox haha.

heres my 2nd meal

2 1/2 large ground chuck patties
    12 oz steak tips with garden salad (minus tomatoes) but i must admit it was a big salad and i didnt really want to force down any more lettuce than i had to so i didnt eat all my greens. =/
    test
  15. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Are you on a westside bb routine or what Live?
    test
  16. LiveFromThe781

no..or maybe..i honestly dont even know what it is.

next week im going to be changing my workout routine by experimenting with the "double method" which is basically where you train muscle x,y,z on day 1, then train them again on day 2 (the immediate next day) before they recover which in theory (atleast according to one man) is the most effective way to train a muscle for hypertrophy

Day 1
    (1st exercise)-Legs Power Clean or "stiff arm" Front Squat 10 sets of 3
    (2nd exercise) Back- Deadlifts 10 sets of 3
    Chest - dumbell press
    staggered ab training inbetween
    Triceps- weighted dip jumps (ill explain)

Day 2 repeat above

Day 3 off- or Tabata Method dumbell thrusts

Day 4

Biceps, standard curls...(i need a better bench to do incline curls..and i need to set up my fuckin chin-up bar)

Shoulders/back-overheard barbell press w/ lockout
    Ab training
    Lats- Rows
    Calfs - barbell standing calf raises

Day 5 repeat above

Sat/Sun off...maybe starting day 1 again on Sunday instead of monday...not sure.

i may be missing some pieces here, feel free to throw in your 2 cents also as i can always appreciate constructive criticism.

oh shit, forgot to explain the dip jumps, basically since i dont have one of those dip station things i just use the end of a coffee table to place my hands. what i do is load a 1-strap backpack up with weights and posistion it so that its sort of resting on my legs, then when i perform my dips i explosively push off on the concentric phase (coming up) so that i lift myself into the air, much more effective IMO.

another key piece of my workout is that i will be performing all my exercises explosively, to recruit maximum fast twitch muscle fibers and when i start to slow down on an exercise i will end the set.
    test
  17. Ben Official

wow i really disagree with that. but try it out and let us know how it works out for you
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

^theres plenty of controversey about it however its all speculation with little to no physical evidence to support either side of the story, which means the only way to know is to try it out myself.

however, why do you disagree with it, have you tried it?

sidenote, it just hit me that ive eaten 3.52 lbs of ground chuck, a package of bacon, and atleast a dozen eggs, all in under 24 hours (including sleep)

i eat more than your family.
    test
  19. XxLiLBuRnAxX

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?
    test
  20. LiveFromThe781

im 5'11 and 3/4ths lol or 6 feet even.

my weight was like 165 and my goal is to be around 190ish before i trim the fat. (which there wont be much of since A) my diet works that way B) my metabolism is on speed)

i think im going to eat a dozen eggs for breakfast today just for bragging rights.

edit: yea that dozen eggs was a piece cake...or so i wish....i also had a countless amount of unsalted peanuts, some cottage cheeese, and a hamburger.

1 meal 1,500 cals?

...lets pray i dont die of heart attack before i get to put this shit to use.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.