I'm out for a bit.

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Caesar, Jan 26, 2014.

1. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

So much facepalm.
    test
  2. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

if that ain't the truth.
    test
  3. AliceHouse

Yes. But really, do something. Entertain us.
    test
  4. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Should i copy n paste somethin from Wikipedia?
    test
  5. AliceHouse

By all means.
    test
  6. Radium

Radium f k

@AliceHouse

i think the term hermaphrodite is satisfactory. the term hermaphrodite comes from the name hermaphroditus who was the son of the gods hermes and aphrodite as elaborated by diodorus siculus in the bibliotheca historica

hermaphrodites are interesting to art and mythology as they represent ultimate duality. in the case of herculine barbin i think this duality must have made it very hard to forge a true identity as a man or a woman as any venture to try to create one would always be sabotaged by the suppressed one as the two would constantly forsake each other for supremacy over the same body. to the hermaphrodite this must seem like an internal never ending fight between good and evil. the only alternative to choosing between man or woman would be the nihilistic decision to choose nothing and therefore to become nothing.

barbin hated her ugly hands. to barbin her hands must have represented a grim reminder of her crudely trying to masquerade as a woman and one can imagine her discomfort whenever it would become necessary to have to use her hands to do something. i think barbin must have had to retreat in many different ways to avoid these grim reminders whenever and wherever they would suddenly appear in the extrapersonal environment as her extrapersonal environment more and more must have transformed into a very dangerous realm to try to engage and exist in. therefore i argue that her dysphoria would have made it reasonably hard to have sex. yet sexuality was the most vital feature in the life of herculine barbin. to her it was everything. therefore to fix this paradox i propose a. a major component of feminine sexuality is auto erotic and b. a major component of masculine sexuality is proxy erotic and that barbin through inability to achieve a state of auto eroticism internally because of her dysphoria would have needed to experience sexuality externally through use of women as a form of proxy eroticism. in this way it would make sense why barbin was so desperate toward women. that is women represented to her what she could never know on her own: the ecstasy of sexuality. this is why women were such a vital concern to barbin.

moreover i argue that auto eroticism is the default sexuality of everyone and not achieving it causes a default to proxy eroticism and terms such as heterosexual or homosexual are an extremely inaccurate summation of this more basic duality. the auto erotic state is portrayed as femininity but i think that this state is something more primary and basic to human psychology and that because of how women have evolved to appear to us they are more likely to be allowed to remain in states of auto eroticism than men who must conversely exit it because of this. hence the only way that those who must exit auto eroticism may re achieve this state is to achieve it by proxy to those who have remained in it. i think this is the song that plays in the background of our big masquerade.

what do you think it must be like to experience auto eroticism and what things do you think an auto erotic would do to preserve this state? and do you think the brony phenomena is a form of auto eroticism or proxy eroticism?
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    test
  7. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Shut the fuck up u silly cunt God damn
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  8. P. Chase

P. Chase Well-Known Member

test
  9. Radium

Radium f k

dont forget some these characters they take so much work for you to create. thats an interesting form of therapy it must be a new technique

see you around thanks for the dances alice
    test
  10. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

test