I'm no longer a Chrisette Michele fan

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Ignorant, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Each of her albums have gotten progressively worse to me... (or is it 'regressively'?)... she went from being fresh and unique to run-of-the-mill and average... the song-writing is more trite and egotistical than hopeful and passionate... she still has a great voice, but she under-uses it in dynamics and range... and now I really find her whole presentation to be really over-the-top and pretentious... from her personal style to her music to her speaking... this is the first time I've experienced such a 180 from an artist, since Ice Cube maybe.
    test
  2. Joro

Joro New Member

These two are the only Chrisette Michele songs I know
    [youtube]a35rNEBNiO4&ob[/youtube]
    [youtube]Ng02QSUiL8M&ob[/youtube]

Post up some of her good shit for me to hear, plz
    test
  3. JBCizzle

JBCizzle Fighting White Lightning

The song with Jay-Z is good enough for me. She doesn't need to make any more songs as far as I'm concerned. Lost One for the win.
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Her first album is the best one.
    test
  5. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

Her first two albums are fire

Her third was booboo and I'm stopped rockign with her after this letter she wrote.

test
  6. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

She talks about hip hop being full of egos but that whole letter is her being an ego maniac..

"Who stands off at an award show because they don’t win? An award is winning at being as “stuck in a category” as possible. Congratulations to all the trophy holders who won at being the most like every one else."

"They say…I’m ecclectic. I’m underrated. I’m different. Well If I win an award it’s because I paved a way. Every award I’ve won was new in it’s category."
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.