I'm new at this, and i need some help

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by 2fast4ya, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2fast4ya

2fast4ya New Member

Okay, I'm just getting into this production thing. I purchased a brand new Korg Triton, and I have my speakers set up into it. I don't have it plugged into my computer, because i don't exactly know how. Now, i've heard some stuff about fruity loops being the easiest program for noobs like myself, is that true? if so, where can i get it?

I have a mac g5 as well as my regular PC. the mac came from our studio, which has pro tools and reason on it. But i'm worried if i plug the triton into the mac, its going to be too complicated for me, as a newb to start producting some stuff. (i know im going to suck balls at it, but practice makes perfect.

Anyway, if anyone is nice enough to give me some tips or advice, i would greatly appreciate it.
    test
  2. 2fast4ya

2fast4ya New Member

also, i heard that i can produce the music on the programming the cpu inside the triton, is this possible? how? I have the newer korg triton. its green, not silver.
    test
  3. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

dont worry about software right now. just learn how to use/sequence on your triton.
    test
  4. 2fast4ya

2fast4ya New Member

okay, thats good advice. but, how do i do sequencing on the triton? like can i put all the instruments together and produce something on there? its tough to know anything without actually doing it. thats the only way i learn.
    test
  5. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

noone is gonna give you step by step instructions on how to use things...esspecially since u bought it brand new...you should have 3 fat manuals in front of you...

and green triton?????
    plz show me this cause i never heard of or seen this...and it isnt on any websites...
    test
  6. 2fast4ya

2fast4ya New Member

I never asked for step by step instructions. Did you just post in here to be an ass? Judging by your rep level, seems like that's all you are.

It's a dark greenish color. if not, then i have color issues in the eyes. I'll take some pics of it in my room.
    test
  7. RoFo

RoFo I'm dope...

damn at this!!! You just wanted to make a few beats, have some fun....and you (or your mom?) bought a KORG TRITON!?!?!?! Your crazy kiddo!
    test
  8. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

damn has the net made it so now its unheard of to start off on good equipment. damn i hate the evolution of software producing.
    test
  9. Nucklz

Nucklz Loud Enuff Productions

this is exactly what i was gunna say
    test
  10. RoFo

RoFo I'm dope...

Shut your mouth mellonhead
    test
  11. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

Did you... now bare with me here... read the manual?!
    test
  12. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

keyboard workstations such as ur triton are designed to work stand alone id suggest learning the ins and outs of ur triton its a great machine after u get that figured out then just run ur audio outs into ur soundcard ins on the computer no real need to sequence on the computer since u just have a triton tho if u really wanted to u could sequence in pro tools
    test
  13. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

agreed. i like my software but mafuckas on this site act like its wrong to own a triton
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

when was the last time anyone here read a manual well then again i read the manual for my eps front to back but besides that
    test
  15. 2fast4ya

2fast4ya New Member

whoa whoa whoa... settle down... i read the manual. (read, as in STILL DO, not read as in FINISHED) I just figured I'd ask some of yall for advice. Is that too wrong? That's what I thought this forum was for. For help, not to be bashed on by some dick head who is butt hurt because their life sucks.

No, my mommy didnt buy my triton. I've been rapping for 9 years. and i have my own studio. we had to relocate the studio from los angeles to las vegas, and therefore, the triton came into my new house, where the studio will be. please cut me some slack here... all im trying to do is learn some things from some of you vets.
    test
  16. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

ok its pretty simple.. ive fucked with it before.. now im not an expert but i know how to record n sequence a lil bit on it..

im pretty sure u have all ur sounds like up n its all in vertical columns(the midi tracks).. u just move ur wheel to the where the sound is(unless ur new triton has touch screen like the big silver one) n hit enter or some shit i dont remember.. n load up a patch/sound.. goto the bars... make sure its at ur first bar... n then when u hit record its gon start from 2bars back.. thats what i remember from the triton.. hope tat helps some what..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.