I'm going to try to write a novel.

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by M-theory, Jul 22, 2013.

1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

It will be a slow, tedious process though. There's no way right now for me to pump out page after page like a professional. Plus I want to get to know the many aspects that I might involve in my story before I start writing it. It will give me direction.

I'm gonna need to be organized to get anywhere.

Have any of you guys ever planned a novel before? I'm wondering the best way to organize my ideas. It's going to be a science fiction novel most likely.

If you have tips or resources, please by all means post them. Thanks in advance.
    test
  2. Superman70

Superman70 edited

I've written a screenplay before, but it was probably trash. I might tray again one day.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

write a greasy harlequin romance
    test
  4. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

Try

Idiot.
    test
  5. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

BBG and I were going to give a serious stab at writing a screen play based on one of the jobs I had at the time.

We fell out and I recently found the notes I'd made for it over a few months and they were fucking terrible.
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

my twin is writing a fantasy type novel too, the first thing he did was write down all the types of characters he wants.

then he defines each character, which is the most exciting part about writing novels, i helped him with the darker ones.

next would be to set up intricate story lines, but the hardest part would be sitting down and writing the first page.

fucking first page, but if you ever get to writing it, let me know i'll definitely buy, or download.

:numaan:
    test