i'm going to say, i fu-king hate j.cole and the way he raps ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... fuck off with that complaining shit already.

you started off good, with two decent and solid mixtapes that still have replay value.

everything after you went major is border line drake embarassing, and it makes me vommit.

you praise being black, but the only reason you black is coz your father who abandoned you.

you hate whites, but the only person who stuck with you through your bullshit was your white mother.

i fucking hate what you have become, and it's times like these that i wish i were deaf or you were mute.

:numaan:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Not so fond of him either.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

hes decent... theres other rappers to hate on that deserve the hate a lot more.
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

this is true, but they never had a good/decent/solid mixtape released.

nor are they hypocritical in their stance when they take sides with colour.

it pisses me off to oblivion when someone starts off solid and ends up draking his career.

test
  5. Superman70

Superman70 edited

he hates whites? when?

the closest thing i can think of him talking about how certain white people assume he's a drug dealer or wonder why he has money and shit. but on the other side he also talks about how (black) people from his hometown hated on him and shit. so it's not like it's one-sided, he's just rapping his experiences.

i dont think it really matters why he's black - he's black. he already told us about his dad leaving and about how much he loves his mom. i havent heard anything about hating whites.

also, drake's good, and both cole's albums have been good.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

no.

test
  7. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Coles first album was dull.

his second one was great.
    test
  8. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

born sinner was his second, right?

haven't heard it yet, because of his first piece of shit work.

test
  9. horde

horde Gunslinger

Born sinner is ill.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

It's just something about the way he raps... I bought Born Sinner, because I liked the snippets I heard and I kept hearing and reading so many great comments from people who's opinion I normally respect... but I still can't get into dude... IDK... it's like he's reading his raps, sometimes... his flow doesn't come off natural enough... dope rappin' should be like breathin'... but his always sound labored.
    test
  11. Superman70

Superman70 edited

I agree there's something that isn't all there about him. I think he's still finding his style or something (I think the same about Big Sean sometimes). But I think he definitely has the skill to get there
    test
  12. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Potential can only be praised when you're coming up. If you already on you second albums and still people only see potential then fuck that.

I personally find it hard to relate to him, he doesn't comes off as real to me, his persona doesn't appeal to me, the concept of some songs I don't like like the pop songs.
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I think J. Cole tries to sound too conversational and puts too many forced inflections in his rhymes... I don't like the constant forced inflections from Luda, either, who is a bigger offender of this... but with Cole, I can tell he's trying to vary his flow, but it still comes across as mechanical... inflections should come from emotions or when you're emphasizing a certain point, not just for the hell of it... I would almost prefer it if just he came with a deadpan delivery, like how his hook was on Jigga's "Off That."
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I think he comes across as real, because he's always relaying his personal struggles and life story, but the truth is... they're not all that interesting... there isn't much emotion there and the forced inflections don't help... if he can't spit anything more interesting, he needs to use his imagination more. He's a total realist and expressionist, but his content is not all that engaging.
    test
  15. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

he comes off as a tryhard

not nice to listen to
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. Kris Benwa

Kris Benwa Grown Man Bars....

I like him a lot actually I've been listening to all his shit these past 3 days or so and I like his story telling ability, voice, and he seems real to me like he loves rap and is rapping his life. I'm a huge fan of the guy now that I've listened to all his shit and I definitely prefer him to Kendrick Lamar. Also, I love Born Sinner I really enjoyed his production on it as well as his spitting.
    test
  17. Superman70

Superman70 edited

I've heard all his albums including The Warm Up, The Come Up, and Friday Night Lights, and I'd still say he's in my top 10-15, but I can understand why eevrybody doesnt feel that way. I agree with Ignorant, he needs better subject matter.
    test
  18. Kris Benwa

Kris Benwa Grown Man Bars....

Yeah he's in my top too and I'd agree about the subject matter it does get sort of repetitive
    test
  19. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

So what if he hates White people? Rap was heavily racist at the start. So what?
    test
  20. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

do you ever read anybody's full posts are just conclude to responding your bullshit replies after reading three words?

is this a hobby of yours? do you get bored of being shit at life?

to answer your question - so what? i said it. so what?

test